• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

If Liverpool lose today and Kenny stays then it says something about Liverpool's standards and Kenny's untouchability.

There's probably a high release clause in his contract.

I don't see what we'll gain from changing our manager at this point. Better to let Kenny stay (until the end of the season) and see if his cup form continues.

So, Juve is getting on the first place tonight. We lost against one of the most awful team of the Serie A, maybe the worst one, worse than Novara, Lecce and Cesena.

We played like complete crap today, why was Cassano on the field today? Why? He isn't even fully fit. I really think we lost the Scudetto today.

Paracelsus

So, Juve is getting on the first place tonight. We lost against one of the most awful team of the Serie A, maybe the worst one, worse than Novara, Lecce and Cesena.

We played like complete crap today, why was Cassano on the field today? Why? He isn't even fully fit. I really think we lost the Scudetto today.

Nothing will be lost tonight regardless of the result of Palermo-Juventus, there are still 21 points on the line.

Come on Juve!!! Big big big game tonight. Del Piero to score the winner? YES PLZ!

Shelvey has been good for Liverpool, their best CM comfortably. Henderson hasn't done much for me, don't think you can class those 45 mins from him as a good performance. Just don't like the way Liverpool set up, it's too slow and predictable.

Suarez should have had the penalty IMO. Might have been a bit soft but there was contact...

Zabojnik

We played like complete crap today, why putting Cassano on the field today? Why? He isn't even fully fit. I really think we lost the Scudetto today.

Nah, it really is too soon to tell. And we are the masters of lost chances. Also, Milan's calendar is way easier. In any case, I find it amazing that Cassano is already fit to play. Bentornato, Antonio!

Arnie

Here we go with the Kenny out brigade.

What good does it do us now? He's got us to an FA Cup Semi Final against Everton, he deserves to see it through. Even if we lose that, it adds nothing to our season to uproot the managerial staff now, zilch. We're not getting relegated, we're not getting top four, and we've already got the Europa League qualified for.
Come on Juve!!! Big big big game tonight. Del Piero to score the winner? YES PLZ!

Shelvey has been good for Liverpool, their best CM comfortably. Henderson hasn't done much for me, don't think you can class those 45 mins from him as a good performance. Just don't like the way Liverpool set up, it's too slow and predictable.

Suarez should have had the penalty IMO. Might have been a bit soft but there was contact...

Agree with each aspect of that.

GorillaJu

So what if it does? If Liverpool win the FA Cup should he stay?

I'm really not sure. I'm of the camp that we don't need to change TOO much around the club. We've had a horrible run of form, but most of it comes IMO from lacking quality in depth. We don't have anyone of the quality of Lucas to hold down the midfield, and without Agger we play worse overall. Obviously a striker should be top priority.

I definitely wouldn't have a problem with Kenny staying if we bought the right players. Looking at things from the outside, it's clear that we need a change again - but should it be managerial? I don't think necessarily.

Empty

liverpool should keep kenny till end of the season but should definitely start sounding out replacements for the summer.

allegri is a dumbass. he starts ambro who is clearly out of shape and struggling, brings on an unfit cassano, takes urby off who is an actual left back and puts MUNTARI as left back instead.

and zambro had an awful, awful game.why not just start with robi-maxi-ibra up top and put urby at LB? why have three strikers on the bench when you are only starting with two?

his squad selection is terrible.

sohois

Henderson has been better than Shelvey. Shelvey was directly responsible for the goal. In terms of attacking they have been similar and that might partly be down to the restricted roles they are being asked to play, but i dont see what Shelvey is doing that lends such gloss to his performance. It always seems to be so, the first few performances of a young players get hyped to high heaven and then when they get a few more games under their belt suddenly they are shit with no chance of making it.

bjaelke

So what if it does? If Liverpool win the FA Cup should he stay?

Maybe. It really depends on a lot of factors. Right now there's no point in bringing in a new manager. I just hope Kenny's able to improve our league form over the last 6 games and more importantly find a style of play that we're comfortable with. There's very little consistency in our play right now.

Nothing will be lost tonight regardless of the result of Palermo-Juventus, there are still 21 points on the line.
C'mon, I can say today that we won't win with Chievo on Tuesday, Juve can easily get a substantial advantage in four days.

Nah, it really is too soon to tell. And we are the masters of lost chances. Also, Milan's calendar is way easier. In any case, I find it amazing that Cassano is already fit to play. Bentornato, Antonio!
We lost against Fiorentina, we can lose every single match until the end.

allegri is a dumbass. he starts ambro who is clearly out of shape and struggling, brings on an unfit cassano, takes urby off who is an actual left back and puts MUNTARI as left back instead.

and zambro had an awful, awful game.why not just start with robi-maxi-ibra up top and put urby at LB? why have three strikers on the bench when you are only starting with two?

his squad selection is terrible.

Allegri doesn't know that Urby can be an actual LB, he thinks he should play with Ibra up top, and these are the results. And he also doesn't know that zambrotta isn't a football player, and he hasn't been for the last 4 years.

Fiorentina has been really dangerous today, their chances were always against Bonera and Mexes, while Abate and zambrotta were m.i.a.. Yet, he has choosen to get zambrotta out, play with three players as defender (we never did that, we always played with 4 defenders since Berlusconi is our president) so that he can lose against Fiorentina, which is quite an achievement.

He always complain about the refs and Muntari, yet he can't get the formation right.

I'm really not sure. I'm of the camp that we don't need to change TOO much around the club. We've had a horrible run of form, but most of it comes IMO from lacking quality in depth. We don't have anyone of the quality of Lucas to hold down the midfield, and without Agger we play FAR TOO DEEP and thus much worse overall. Obviously a striker should be top priority.

I definitely wouldn't have a problem with Kenny staying if we bought the right players. Looking at things from the outside, it's clear that we need a change again - but should it be managerial? I don't think necessarily.

Agreed with and slightly fix'd. Carra needs to either transform his game like Hyypia did (I don't think he can, he's not got the presence or heading power of Big Sami) or retire at the end of the season. Coates should be in really, but I understand that he's still very young and putting him in with us playing like this could break his confidence like it did to Paletta (remember him?).

Another amazing stat: when Villa scored that goal, that meant 8 of the last 11 shots on target against us had resulted in goals. We allow one of the fewest numbers of shots on goal against in the league, but teams continue to score against us. Referee Oliver has been fucking abysmal, but Kuyt should finish that. Whole team looks like they've got a 'we're cursed' mentality right now.

Hey Sporting, can we have Insua back? We're missing some good left footed players.

Labadal

We should try to get AVB. He might not even be interested, but it'd be interesting to see him at Liverpool. Keep Kenny too. In a year or two, AVB would be the main manager.

_____

Hope Wigan can hold on. They deserve it.

bjaelke

Because we don't want fans of other teams to hate us!

That's why I want to keep him.

ijUesU4W4Vbsc.gif

Empty

villa are so blunt going forwards, such a poor team mcleish sets up. not sure if i want the liverpool schadenfreude fest to continue or villa to get dragged deeper into the relegation zone today.

WJD

To be fair, it's not exactly as if Liverpool have anything to play for is it? The shite performances are understandable (not saying they're justified!) considering they're already in Europe and there's no way they're getting 4th.

Just going through the motions until the FA Cup Semi and there's no need for them to do anything else.

Feorax

To be fair, it's not exactly as if Liverpool have anything to play for is it? The shite performances are understandable (not saying they're justified!) considering they're already in Europe and there's no way they're getting 4th.

Just going through the motions until the FA Cup Semi and there's no need for them to do anything else.

Maybe, but given that were closer to relegation than 4th, you'd think theyd want to pick up a few points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom