• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

None of our team are goal scorers. That's the problem. We've got an excess of midfielders but zero goal scorers. Has to be our number one priority in the summer.

Yen

Co-manager or whatever you want to call it. Have Kenny be someone that motivates the players and I guess keep players respectful. That way, there wouldn't be problems like in Chelsea.
Aye, that worked well for Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier.

Eh, it's the 'game after elimination' effect. Happens to the best of 'em. You can't really expect Milan to play as badly as today in the next couple of matches. I certainly don't.

I do. We'll play on tuesday, without (at least) 15 players, against another though (for us) opponent. With Allegri as our coach.

I honestly expect us to throw away other points in the next week.

Co-manager or whatever you want to call it. Have Kenny be someone that motivates the players and I guess keep players respectful. That way, there wouldn't be problems like in Chelsea.
Hmm, perhaps, but I can't see that working.

You can only have one manager and AVB would basically have to be an assistant. His ideas you'd think are very different to Daglish's, think they'd clash.

GorillaJu

In a perfect world...

Also, if that's the case then the blame again lies with Dalglish IMO.

We have a director of football. Really not sure who the blame should lie on, or if anyone even really needs blame. I think we just need better players.

and then the linesman gives offside on Torres who was onside.
KuGsj.gif

FootballFan

^^Premier Ass :lol

Haha I knew someone would mention that :p!!! Have you ever heard of the name Fady before bumping into me? Yes, I enjoy the majority of your posts bro :) I hope we do well against Real Zaragoza today. I am excited whenever Barca play an away game as they have a bigger challenge. Their away performances have improved very much. I recall when they went through so many draws and a loss in their away games in such a short time.

First off, change that avatar! :p
And nope, never met/heard that name before.(Maybe I have but have forgotten)
Yeah I know right, away form is pretty much the biggest reason for our La Liga shortcomings this season. :( It's still possible to win it!

Milan: Abbiati; Abate, Bonera, Mexes, Zambrotta; Nocerino, Ambrosini, Muntari; Emanuelson; Ibrahimovic, Maxi Lopez
Milan bench:Amelia, Gattuso, Aquilani, Robinho, Yepes, El Shaarawy, Cassano!!!!!!!!!

Fiorentina: Boruc; De Silvestri, Camporese, Natali, Nastasic, Pasqual; Behrami, Kharja, Lazzari, Ljajic; Jovetic
Fiorentina bench: Neto, Felipe, Romulo, Salifu, Olivera, Marchionni, Amauri

amauri on the bench, we've got a shot today!

Damn, lol. To be fair, 99/100 times you would have been right to write him off.
Great about Cassano making the bench though :D

Amauri.img

It won't happen, seeing how he'll be warming the bench. But if it happens ...

Amauri is a special one.

sohois

Caroll comes on, Downing goes off, yet again. And once again the awful Gerrard remains on the pitch whilst Shelvey is taken off.

Choc

Banned
i don't know why i put myself through the pain of watching suarez

he is the most dirty fucking player on the planet

i am a professional referee and he possibly would have been off the field by now if i was in the centre. Shaking the head continuosly @ a referee = a yellow card

and there's been a few more incidents of his usual bullshit

ironically the foul on him in the box probably was the closest thing to a real penalty he has had in ages,

its a shame he has that reputation now, because referees will not give him a pen unless its incredibly obvious

his own fucking fault though.

at this point i would welcome capello back over allegri. at the beginning of the season i was a HUGE allegri fan but he is just blowing it this season.

also fire the medical staff.

also how is it possible that mexes is that slow? lose some weight bro, that's embarrassing. you're not even old.

Fry

BAYERN! YAY!

Still 3 points behind Dortmund and a few weeks left.

Next match will be epic and will decide the title winner, probably.

Can't believe how poor Liverpool are playing. Most of these players aren't that bad at all, they were doing a fine job last season.They should be able to get results against Villa, QPR. I can only think of the management to blame.

Empty

how on earth have liverpool not scored

In a perfect world...

Also, if that's the case then the blame again lies with Dalglish IMO.

yeah i agree, i think in general dalglish should be held accountable for not being able to motivate his players to care about "smaller" games nearly as much as the united, chelsea, city games in which they've largely played well this season.

i don't know why i put myself through the pain of watching suarez

he is the most dirty fucking player on the planet

i am a professional referee and he possibly would have been off the field by now if i was in the centre. Shaking the head continuosly @ a referee = a yellow card

and there's been a few more incidents of his usual bullshit

ironically the foul on him in the box probably was the closest thing to a real penalty he has had in ages,

its a shame he has that reputation now, because referees will not give him a pen unless its incredibly obvious

his own fucking fault though.
Oh wow.

Hide.

Now.

Hieberrr

Next match will be epic and will decide the title winner, probably.

Can't believe how poor Liverpool are playing. Most of these players aren't that bad at all, they were doing a fine job last season.They should be able to get results against Villa, QPR. I can only think of the management to blame.

Oh god, I can't wait *wets myself*

I don't understand German, but Schweinsteiger looked and sounded confused as hell :lol

Kyoufu

It's got to the point where you almost expect Torres to slip there.

Wait, the ref booked Figueroa for that header?

The ref also gave Chelsea a free kick when Chelsea fouled Wigan from behind.

This is some Barca refereeing shit.

I don't even know why games have a 4th official. They don't do fuck all.

Meier

I can't believe that Liverpool are possibly going to lose to Villa. Surely they've got to sack Kenny if this goes down..right?

Blablurn

Oh god, I can't wait *wets myself*

I don't understand German, but Schweinsteiger looked and sounded confused as hell :lol

the commentator asked him "u only won 2:1. that didnt look like a statement from bayern. whats ur opinion?" schweini: "to what question?" ... schweini leaves lol. schweini turns to augsburg player: "is he fucking kidding me?"

Hixx

Feel like I've just woke up, fucking hell that was awful.

Chris Foy is a terrible referee. Like, just straight up shite.

Draw fair as neither team looked like scoring. I thought Gardner's header in the first half was in, from where I was sitting looked like it was going straight in the right corner of the net, seemed to take ages for anything to happen then Friedel just plucked it out of the air
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom