• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choc

Banned
quick quiz

there is two directives for referees worldwide which the FA has not enforced via its referees program and notably in the English Premier League.

lets see if you can guess them

They are recent, from the past 3 years. and you will notice something ends up being a yellow card in every league bar England. One reason why referees hammer English teams in Euro comps

Torres didn't fall on his ass this time and actually managed to cross the ball. He crossed it to Kalou though, which really is worse than falling on your ass.

This fucking ref was BOUGHT by the Chelsea owner.

Then he would probably have given a penalty for that handball before.

Zabojnik

amauri.jpg

LegoArmo

quick quiz

there is two directives for referees worldwide which the FA has not enforced via its referees program and notably in the English Premier League.

They are recent, from the past 3 years. and you will notice something ends up being a yellow card in every league bar England. One reason why referees hammer English teams in Euro comps

In Spain, every hand ball is automatically a yellow card.

FootballFan

quick quiz

I honestly would have to guess, is it sarcastic clapping or nodding towards the ref? Probably wrong. Or handballs, yeah.

Come on Carroll, get one! (would probably have to deflect off his back)

Choc

Banned
nice to see a referee actually giving simulation cards

not enough of them have the balls to do it (its a tough call, i admit. You HAVE to be sure)

nah its not the sarcasm. You won't get it so i will tell you

1. Any player which lunges towards another player with the studs showing must be shown at least a yellow card and a red card must be considered. This is a directive from FIFA and you will notice in every league bar England studs up = insta yellow pretty much. Even if they win the ball clean they are supposed to be booked (although that is getting tamed back a bit).

2. Any player which produces a 'fake' yellow card after being fouled, must be cautioned for unsportsmanlike behaviour

:)

edit: where the fuck did the referee find FIVE Minutes?

Kyoufu

Wigan look so good today. I can see how they beat Liverpool too. They deserved 3 points today if it wasn't for the ref.

RaGe_pt

It's Champions League and much stranger things happens every round than Chelsea beating Barca.

Yeah but still, as things are right now, it seems to me that it's impossible that Chelsea beats Barça. It's more likely that Chelsea gets battered (dunno if I wrote it right or even if this is a word but you get what I mean :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom