• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
MATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATAMATA

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wigan have been shat on today.

FootballFan

Then he would probably have given a penalty for that handball before.

Not entirely true, sometimes the refs will give a opposite call to look neutral.
Like when Barca bought the refs there was still calls against us, its just for the illusion.

eg. Abidals red card against Chelsea
or Militos offside goal for Inter

edit
sorry if sarcasm is hard to detect in this post.
fixed

Choc

Banned
i personally think this rule of non English referees in English euro games is dumb

same with spain/spain etc etc

If the referee is the best suited, put them in the game for fuck sake. Basically UEFA is implying every referee is biased to its home country.

It leads to not the best referees officiating the semis/final

because most of the powerful teams (chelsea, madrid etc) also come from the nations with the best and most experienced officials (spain, italy, england)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea might have got the 3 points, but they were outplayed by Wigan at home and a moronic offside goal was allowed to stand. No chance of top 4 with their run-in.

GorillaJu

does not compute

He charged full speed from way behind the villa player and did a beautiful swipe tackle from behind, kept possession and came back into the attack. possibly the best thing I've ever seen him do in a Liverpool shirt. Then he tracked back during a counter and blocked a vital pass in a 2v4.

Fucks sake. We deserved this win.

sohois

I know, was strange, fucking class tackle though.

We made more chances in that five minutes of extra time than the rest of the game. Thought we'd won it at one point. Oh well.

Ridiculous how much more energetic the team looked after scoring that goal, it was completely in contrast to the many crap performances they've put in in recent weeks.

Liverpool should definitely feel hard done by with that result, some serious bad luck with deflections and post hits.

GorillaJu

I know, was strange, fucking class tackle though.

We made more chances in that five minutes of extra time than the rest of the game. Thought we'd won it at one point. Oh well.

I think there were 3 or 4 points where I thought we'd won it.

Fuck me, heart is racing. If nothing else, they gave a hell of a performance. I can't be too angry with that draw. Points don't mean much to me, but good team play, desire, and a bit of improvement is what I appreciate about it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just came back to my apartment

QUESTIONMARK.png

AMAURI?????????????????????????????????????

Saw MI4 the other day. It was okay, certainly not as great as some were trying to convince me. I had a hard time getting into it because of the terrible plot. Spoiler:
Nuclear war? Nukes? Are you kidding me? What is this, the 80's?

The first MI was the best, the others are meh.

bjaelke

i personally think this rule of non English referees in English euro games is dumb

same with spain/spain etc etc

If the referee is the best suited, put them in the game for fuck sake. Basically UEFA is implying every referee is biased to its home country.

It leads to not the best referees officiating the semis/final

because most of the powerful teams (chelsea, madrid etc) also come from the nations with the best and most experienced officials (spain, italy, england)

I don't see a problem with that. Other European leagues have excellent referees as well and some even exceeding the PL standard this season. The only real problem is during the European/World Championship where smaller participating nations are also represented by a referee (RAP).

Not sure how Liverpool didn't win.

Will sound harsh but...really, it's not bad luck, been at least 5 games like that at Anfield this season. Need to find a way to win those.

Chelsea might have got the 3 points, but they were outplayed by Wigan at home and a moronic offside goal was allowed to stand. No chance of top 4 with their run-in.

Outplayed? Get out of here. Wigan deserved a draw but by no means even close to being outplayed by Wigan, Drogba could easily have scored a few too and with a shot stat of 15-6 in Chelseas favour and 55-45 ball possession....

We still have Palermo x Juventus in half an hour.

That wont be fun. Will be self torture.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
United-GAF, fucking love you guys <3

So, Juve is getting on the first place tonight. We lost against one of the most awful team of the Serie A, maybe the worst one, worse than Novara, Lecce and Cesena.

We played like complete crap today, why was Cassano on the field today? Why? He isn't even fully fit. I really think we lost the Scudetto today.

Nah, there's still a few draws left in our team.

WoodenLung said:
If Juve don't at least score 3 goals today they must have the most incompetent strike force in Serie A.

Define force?

We're

Zabojnik said:
One scored and redeemed himself, one still has to. C'mon guys, you owe us. A (former) juventino always pays his debts!

Now aint that the truth
mW1dw.gif

Good enough performance from LFC indeed, shame the team has zero confidence in front of the goal. After Suarez scored, the players looked much more energized for sure. Disappointing result considering how the game played out.

GorillaJu

Not sure how Liverpool didn't win.

Will sound harsh but...really, it's not bad luck, been at least 5 games like that at Anfield this season. Need to find a way to win those.

I don't think it's bad luck either. There were so many wasted shots, so many bad crosses, a good 20-30 minutes of really poor passing and some absolutely atrocious shooting by Dirk Kuyt.

We have one player on the team who actually wants to score goals. Suarez plays like a false 9 but we don't have anyone of his (or near his) quality to be there up front when he pulls back. Gerrard isn't playing as far forward as he used to...

Too many problems to list. We need a new striker. Carroll is damn near useless.

rodvik

Good result for us. I didnt expect to get anything from Anfield with a threadbare squad, a point will do. Thank you Shay Given 8)

United-GAF, fucking love you guys <3

Nah, there's still a few draws left in our team.

Define force?

We're
We can (and probably will) lose at least one or two matches.

1 - Today in #MilanVSFiorentina Amauri scored his 1st goal since April 2011, and the 1st in 11 league appearances with the Viola. Return

We make dead people score, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom