• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Outplayed? Get out of here. Wigan deserved a draw but by no means even close to being outplayed by Wigan, Drogba could easily have scored a few too and with a shot stat of 15-6 in Chelseas favour and 55-45 ball possession....

Wigan had chances too. Chelsea were laboured and scored only one goal worth allowing, first half Wigan were totally comfortable. Second half the subs for Chelsea made a difference but I doubt many Chelsea fans will look at that performance and think they can get the points off of Arsenal and Newcastle that they need for 4th.

Seriously missing chances does not equal bad luck, especially when it's so frequent, Kean is also guilty of saying that.

We all know Liverpool will do us on Tuesday no matter how shit they are though we really are appalling

Seriously missing chances does not equal bad luck, especially when it's so frequent, Kean is also guilty of saying that.

We all know Liverpool will do us on Tuesday no matter how shit they are though we really are appalling

A lot of Liverpool fans are probably thinking the same thing though.

rodvik

Chin up Jeff thats what I thought. We really are terrible as well and Liverpool donated us a point, you might get all three, after all Kean sometimes sets his teams up to attack, unlike our manager :)

I don't think it's bad luck either. There were so many wasted shots, so many bad crosses, a good 20-30 minutes of really poor passing and some absolutely atrocious shooting by Dirk Kuyt.

We have one player on the team who actually wants to score goals. Suarez plays like a false 9 but we don't have anyone of his (or near his) quality to be there up front when he pulls back. Gerrard isn't playing as far forward as he used to...

Too many problems to list. We need a new striker. Carroll is damn near useless.

Dirk Kuyt 2 yards out, just has to plant his foot and let the ball bounce off of it into the bottom corner. Falls over and blasts the ball way over the bar

Craig Bellamy 25 yards out on the corner of the box, 5 Liverpool players running towards goal. Shoots and drags the ball well wide.

Jordan Henderson 30 yards from goal, after a period of sustained passing, with 6 Liverpool players in the box. Shoots about 10 yards high and wide.

We're a fucking stupid team, and when you add idiocy to a concoction of a confidence-crisis, a general lack of ability and a management team who haven't got a fucking clue how to fix any of the glaring holes, you get this shite being served up week after week

Carbonox

1 - Today in #MilanVSFiorentina Amauri scored his 1st goal since April 2011, and the 1st in 11 league appearances with the Viola. Return

For what fucking justification is it acceptable for any club to sign a player as bad as that? Tottenham were linked as well for crying out loud. What is it about a player who is incapable of scoring that he's wanted by decent teams?

I'll never understand. With the exception of when he played for Palermo and was on loan at Parma, his stats are terrible.

Those more in tune with him and Italian football, enlighten me. Is it his assists capabilities that allows him time at clubs or something?

Meier

Just saw the replay of the Ivanovic goal. Wow, you guys weren't kidding. They had multiple guys offsides...how in the world was that not called?

Zabojnik

Muntari, apparently. It finally all makes sense.

547728_10150943862582178_99089392177_13167461_1196236797_n.jpg

Ushojax

Second Chelsea goal was also offside, wow... Poor Wigan.

Chelsea get one result like this every season. Last season they beat Spurs with a goal that never crossed the line and an offside, they always get lucky during the run-in.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Carlos Vela just scored an AMAZING goal straight to the angle from outside the box for Real Sociedad versus Espanyol.
edit: and he just got the second!!!

Labadal

Some of it {5%) is bad luck, but it's mostly poor finishing and zero creativity, us being predictable and players not working well together.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose our next game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For what fucking justification is it acceptable for any club to sign a player as bad as that? Tottenham were linked as well for crying out loud. What is it about a player who is incapable of scoring that he's wanted by decent teams?

I'll never understand. With the exception of when he played for Palermo and was on loan at Parma, his stats are terrible.

Those more in tune with him and Italian football, enlighten me. Is it his assists capabilities that allows him time at clubs or something?

In Serie A, he scored 17 goals for us in 71 games.

11 of them in his first 6 months(IIRC). Calling him terrible is an understatement.

GorillaJu

That Kuyt miss was as awful as misses come. All he had to do was just stop and direct the ball with his foot or any part of his body except his arms. He had so little to do and managed to do less.

Carroll just doesn't work hard enough, for me. He doesn't look like he wants to score, he just kind of jumps at the ball and passes when he feels like it, while Suarez runs around like an absolute maniac filling in for everyone else.

Agger deserves a lot of credit. We look so much better whenever he's playing

Meier

Clint Dempsey with 15 league goals from midfield. Amazing. Any speculation a bigger club will finally swoop him up? Both of those goals today were gorgeous.

I know there were rumors around the last transfer window but obviously nothing came of it.

GorillaJu

Clint Dempsey with 15 league goals from midfield. Amazing. Any speculation a bigger club will finally swoop him up? Both of those goals today were gorgeous.

He's the exact type of player Liverpool needs. A midfielder who can take some of the responsibility off the strikers.

He's been a monster this season

Carbonox

He's getting better with age like Parker. He'll be snapped up at some point, surely. Dunno who he'd go to though. I'd love him at Newcastle. Nolan was our last 'free-scoring' midfielder. Dempsey can play on the wing or as a supporting striker as well so he's very versatile and would be a great addition to many teams.

I'm not sure Dempsey is actually good enough to play for say a top 4 side. He's a good player but I think an upper mid-table club suits him best because at Fulham he gets alot of the ball and he is actually kinda greedy and shoots loads. Still amazing to get to 15 goals I'm just not sure how he'd fit in at a team where it's a bit more competitive.

I could be wrong though, 15 goals for Fulham from midfield is damn impressive.

Don't tread yo'.

Edit - 21 goals in 40 appearances for Fulham this year. That's incredible.

Wigan had chances too. Chelsea were laboured and scored only one goal worth allowing, first half Wigan were totally comfortable. Second half the subs for Chelsea made a difference but I doubt many Chelsea fans will look at that performance and think they can get the points off of Arsenal and Newcastle that they need for 4th.

I don't believe much in that either and I know Wigan had chances, Chelsea had bigger overall though. Was responding to the being outplayed bit.

i've wanted milan to sign dempsey for a while. he is definitely good enough for a top side IMO. he's like a superior nocerino. and the shirt sales, my god.

i also want milan to sign michael bradley. i'm not biased toward american players or anything. :)

Is there something within the Premier League laws that make it immune from legal action by relegated clubs who were sent down by one bad call from a referee or linesman?

You know what hurts the most, I sat with these cunts in their home town and listened to their plans and wanted to believe what they wanted to do and 6 months later our club looks to be on the brink of ruin

Zabojnik

Well, he was quite good when he was at Palermo, where he peaked, and his first year at Juve wasn't that bad either. Pretty good jumper, solid shooter, decent ball defender and when he was leaner and meaner he actually managed to show off some of those football skills brazilians are known for. It was all over as soon as he hit 30 though.

Ushojax

I don't believe much in that either. Was responding to the being outplayed bit.

By the end Chelsea probably had edged it slightly, but neither goal should have stood. Only one side scored a legal goal.

Hope Liverpool will go for Dempsey (unless Fulham ask some ridiculous price), the team needs some good finisher coming from the midfield.

Fulham will ask for a ridiculous price, as will every club we negotiate with. That's the price we'll pay, not to mention the shite we're suffering now, for spending about £80million on Carroll, Downing, Henderson and Adam

elsk

Banned

I know there were rumors around the last transfer window but obviously nothing came of it.

He's almost 30, man.

edit: Bradley was stupid to leave Gladbach, he could be playing CL next season with them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Caceres, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Estigarribia; Quagliarella, Vucinic.

Palermo(3-5-1-1):Miccoli; Miccoli, Miccoli, Miccoli; Miccoli, Miccoli, Miccoli, Miccoli, Miccoli; Miccoli,Miccoli.

i've wanted milan to sign dempsey for a while. he is definitely good enough for a top side IMO. he's like a superior nocerino. and the shirt sales, my god.

i also want milan to sign michael bradley. i'm not biased toward american players or anything. :)

I like Michael Bradley.

Wigan definitely deserved something from that game but I'd hardly say Chelsea was outplayed, the fixture pile up is really taking its toll though :(

GorillaJu

Is there something within the Premier League laws that make it immune from legal action by relegated clubs who were sent down by one bad call from a referee or linesman?

There are too many games in a season and too many variables. If you were to uncover some kind of systematic conspiracy within the referee committee then of course that would be a different case

Juventus (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Caceres, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Estigarribia; Quagliarella, Vucinic.

Palermo(3-5-1-1):Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.Miccoli.

I like Michael Bradley.

If only.

1 Viviano, 6 Munoz, 15 Milanovic, 18 Labrin ; 31 Pisano, 8 Migliaccio, Barreto 5, 7 Della Rocca, 20 Acquah, 27 Ilicic, Miccoli 10

Milanovic, Munoz and Labrin. trainwreck time. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If only.

1 Viviano, 6 Munoz, 15 Milanovic, 18 Labrin ; 31 Pisano, 8 Migliaccio, Barreto 5, 7 Della Rocca, 20 Acquah, 27 Ilicic, Miccoli 10

Milanovic, Munoz and Labrin. trainwreck time. :(

We almost lost to Roma in similar circumstances. :(

Milan lost + Palermo missing half their players = Vucinic, Marchisio and Bonucci are going to sleep. And Esti is going to take more shots on goal than the whole team. Edit: More shots off goal*

Ushojax

Even if they were not outplayed, they scored two (2!!) offside goals.

The first is one of the worst offside decisions this season, up there with Adebayor's at Stoke. What must that linesman be thinking when he goes down the tunnel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom