• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're mine because of Yurt :3 :3
Exactly!
3AQmK.gif

TeegsD

Juventus is going to win this. Palermo is letting them get too close to scoring. And they'll have to make at least one of them

Carbonox

6th doesn't get us a European spot. We have to finish at least 5th.

It will go to 6th if the FA cup winners and runners up are already in European spots. That's why you can't support Everton for the FA cup final. If they get in and we don't, that's some serious fucked up luck, given they'll finish below us in the league.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/european-competition-qualification.html

Not even the Premier League's own website can make sense of one of the worst and most retarded qualification method in football.

Kyoufu

It will go to 6th if the FA cup winners and runners up are already in European spots. That's why you can't support Everton for the FA cup final. If they get in and we don't, that's some serious fucked up luck, given they'll finish below us in the league.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/features/european-competition-qualification.html

Not even the Premier League's own website can make sense of one of the worst and most retarded qualification method in football.

Yeah I don't even know why runners up get anything. So stupid, but can Liverpool beat Everton with their current form? I hope so, but I don't see it ;(

Can we just get 3rd or 4th and not worry about Europa? :p

Mastadon

Banned
Another fantastic day to be a Liverpool supporter. A well earned point against an extremely dangerous Villa team, who have been banging goals in for fun this year.

Kenny Dalglish has to be the odds on favourite to take the manager of the year accolade after doing what he has done with this Liverpool team on such a small budget.

YNWA.

Another fantastic day to be a Liverpool supporter. A well earned point against an extremely dangerous Villa team, who have been banging goals in for fun this year.

Kenny Dalglish has to be the odds on favourite to take the manager of the year accolade after doing what he has done with this Liverpool team on such a small budget.

YNWA.

image.php

Carbonox

Yeah I don't even know why runners up get anything. So stupid, but can Liverpool beat Everton with their current form? I hope so, but I don't see it ;(

Can we just get 3rd or 4th and not worry about Europa? :p

Oh for sure, like I said, I think we're guaranteed 6th spot which is an accomplishment in itself.

Now we need the players to want a GUARANTEED EUROPE spot, rather than having to settle for luck of the draw. The other teams near us have difficult run-ins so we can surely capitalise if we grind out results. We still have Bolton, Stoke and Wigan to play when it comes to worse teams on paper, with Everton, Man City and Chelsea being the difficult teams left to play.

After the Bolton game, Coloccini and Tiote should be back for the Stoke one. Out of the 6 games we have left, we are more than capable of getting 12 points at least. Given Man City and Chelsea stumbling a bit, I wouldn't be surprised if we get points off them as well.

Anything's possible now at this late stage. Teams fuck up for the most part whereas we have no business being this high in the league so Newcastle are gonna be up for some cheeky results out of sheer fun.

Just think about how you'd present that case Meus. The amount of ifs and buts you'd be standing on.

The ifs and buts are merely relative - what we can only measure are the facts and that is a Premier League officially wrongly penalised a team by awarding a goal in error to their opponents. Subsequently, the result became a determining factor in their relegation doing great financial harm. Despite methods to prevent these mistakes existing (technology) the Premier League have failed to yet implement them only to delegitimize the integrity and laws of the game they claim to protect.

Furthermore, despite having their performances monitored and reviewed internally, on the field officials have an unwarranted and irrational level of authority where no decision they make - even if such a decision contravenes the very laws that authority is based on - can be challenged, and if so, would result in those challenges themselves being penalised. All this to protect the 'integrity' of the game. But what better way to ruin that integrity than to pretend the fallible to be infallible?

This could have easily have happened in the 90th minute with the last kick of the game and Wigan could go down by one point. There must be a clause that prevents clubs from taking the PL to court. If there wasn't, and the PL were vulnerable to this, we'd have had technology by now

YNWA.

You follow RAWK Meltdown on Twitter too?

Fintan

I haven't yet seen it but it seems like Wigan got some awful luck today. As a Chelsea fan I'm happy with the three points but I feel bad for Wigan. I hope they can stay up, they have a likeable team and manager.

Kyoufu

Oh for sure, like I said, I think we're guaranteed 6th spot which is an accomplishment in itself.

Now we need the players to want a GUARANTEED EUROPE spot, rather than having to settle for luck of the draw. The other teams near us have difficult run-ins so we can surely capitalise if we grind out results. We still have Bolton, Stoke and Wigan to play when it comes to worse teams on paper, with Everton, Man City and Chelsea being the difficult teams left to play.

After the Bolton game, Coloccini and Tiote should be back for the Stoke one. Out of the 6 games we have left, we are more than capable of getting 12 points at least. Given Man City and Chelsea stumbling a bit, I wouldn't be surprised if we get points off them as well.

Anything's possible now at this late stage. Teams fuck up for the most part whereas we have no business being this high in the league so Newcastle are gonna be up for some cheeky results out of sheer fun.

If we don't beat Chelsea I'll be pissed. No reason why we can't beat them. Man City is the only tough game I see us having.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom