• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quagliarella isn't bad. He just doesn't have his old confidence, otherwise he's an amazing striker. In any case, we need somebody with a killer instinct, which makes me wonder why we haven't put Matri on.

I'd be worried if this was Delneri's Juve, but we're obviously a second half team this season so I'm still confident of the win.

Still, bring on Del Piero.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We're Swansea
zGuk7.gif

You know our strikers are asleep when you see Pirlo take multiple shots on goal.

Caceres and Quag missed HUGE chances, I'm pretty sure Amauri would've scored them :(

I don't get why PDC is on the bench? Our starting 11 was great against Napoli why change it?

dc89

Just saw Torres's strike on ESPN goals. The technique, the confidence. He's back! And yeah I'm happy because when he's a the top he's awesome.

I hope we get to see him at his very best again.

Did Pinilla get a second yellow for celebrating his goal today? That guy never learns.
KuGsj.gif

Just saw Torres's strike on ESPN goals. The technique, the confidence. He's back! And yeah I'm happy because when he's a the top he's awesome.

I hope we get to see him at his very best again.

Did they show the times he managed to fall on his ass when there was good goal opportunities?

The ifs and buts are merely relative - what we can only measure are the facts and that is a Premier League officially wrongly penalised a team by awarding a goal in error to their opponents. Subsequently, the result became a determining factor in their relegation doing great financial harm. Despite methods to prevent these mistakes existing (technology) the Premier League have failed to yet implement them only to delegitimize the integrity and laws of the game they claim to protect.

Furthermore, despite having their performances monitored and reviewed internally, on the field officials have an unwarranted and irrational level of authority where no decision they make - even if such a decision contravenes the very laws that authority is based on - can be challenged, and if so, would result in those challenges themselves being penalised. All this to protect the 'integrity' of the game. But what better way to ruin that integrity than to pretend the fallible to be infallible?

This could have easily have happened in the 90th minute with the last kick of the game and Wigan could go down by one point. There must be a clause that prevents clubs from taking the PL to court. If there wasn't, and the PL were vulnerable to this, we'd have had technology by now

A determining factor? There are so many factors you could point to. What about wrong decisions that they have benefited from of the course of the season? You can't point to one or two decisions and claim they responsible for a club being relegated. It would be very unlucky to go down in the circumstances you described, but if that had happened in the first game of the season, and Wigan went down by one point, then I doubt you'd even remember it happening.

Did Pinilla get a second yellow for celebrating his goal today? That guy never learns.
KuGsj.gif

it was harsh, he didn't take his shirt off or anything, just jumped onto the stands and celebrated with the tifosi.

the great news is that inturd drew 2-2 even though they played the majority of the game with an extra man. scudetto challengers.

Charles

Have we ever scored with Borriello on the field? Serious question.

I think he was yet to be subbed before the first goal last week, but I can't think of any other time.

GQman2121

Banned
Nu-uh. ESPN don't class that as a highlight.

They were quality bloopers. Watching him then pick the turf out of his boots each time was almost comical. He's still out there hustling and did end up getting the last laugh on the day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom