• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ffs, is the strategy really just to quickly try and play the ball to Miccoli and hope for the best? I smell a new coach coming soon. Also bring on THE BUDAAAN.

It reached OT2 in 3 days and OT3 in less than a week. It was faster than a Napoli counter-attack.

Really? Well damn, didn't think that was possible in there.

Fady K

Yurt - how do you feel? Amauri! My goodness...

Very dull performance by Chelsea, but I can't blame them too much - they have a more messed up schedule than all the PL teams - plus they did not only face an in-form Palermo who actually beat Liverpool at Anfield, but one that is fighting hard to get out of relegation.

Yeah sure, offside goal and all, but whatever - shitty decisions are all over the place for all teams. I remember how we had 2 definite penalties not given to us against Tottenham in our recent fixture - could have given us all three points. Even if we did get lucky with 2 wrong decisions against Tottenham at home last year, doesn't mean anything. It happens to all teams.

I got all three this year, the white third shirt is my favourite. Love it.

The white one with the yellow stripe :0? I did not like that one too much personally.

First off, change that avatar! :p
And nope, never met/heard that name before.(Maybe I have but have forgotten)
Yeah I know right, away form is pretty much the biggest reason for our La Liga shortcomings this season. :( It's still possible to win it!

I will be changing it real soon ;D It's just a little joke I'm keeping for myself as a reminder :p We have improved massively away though huh? Let us hope that continues. If we win tonight we will actually, temporarily, be 3 points behind Madrid :D!!

Wigan are more than worth the draw today.

They were excellent, Wigan. We got very lucky for the most part.

MATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA after Torres hammers it on the post.

If only it went in from Torres' strike :)

Wigan had chances too. Chelsea were laboured and scored only one goal worth allowing, first half Wigan were totally comfortable. Second half the subs for Chelsea made a difference but I doubt many Chelsea fans will look at that performance and think they can get the points off of Arsenal and Newcastle that they need for 4th.

Chelsea were laboured for obvious reasons. You also have to remember that Wigan are doing well right now (how many teams beat Liverpool at Anfield this season - EVEN during their bad run?) plus they were fighting just as hard as they NEED to win every game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Palermo's ball boys are on fire all of a sudden and they throw the correct amount of balls to Pirlo :p

Apparently Conte was raging when Vucinic lost that ball when going for a dribble rather than shooting. Hence the substitution. Forza Matri!

Hixx

irEDqyy5jicuN.gif

Why's no-one watching Stoke v Wolves?
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Guys, I really hate Miccoli. He's crazy sometimes. And he hates us. So, yeah.

Edit: FABBIBIOOOOOOOOOIKFOIOIOI FOISEO IOFIOE FIOFE IAOFI AOJIKAOFJMO LJVLJ ALJAF LJTUOU

TeegsD

All the streams I get off wiziwig are always behind everyone elses. I guess the quality makes up for it. But JUVE!!!!

Zabojnik

FUCK YEAH! QUAGLIAAA IS BACK!

Also, I know that I'm in the minority, but I've grown to love Bonucci. Yeah, he still does something really stupid from time to time, but he's obviously getting better and better. When he's focused he's one though CB.

I laugh at the fact that they sacked Mick McCarthy.

A Kyoufu quote about Wolves without 'I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DREW WITH WOLVES'? I am shocked. Still, what were they thinking sacking him? Just a crazy decision.

It's cool anyway, I still can't believe we drew with wolves :(

Also, I know that I'm in the minority, but I've grown to love Bonucci. Yeah, he still does something really stupid from time to time, but he's obviously getting better and better. When he's focused he's one though CB.

Same. Bonucci has gotten great. He's just good at the moment but once he grows to mature alongside a CB like Barzagli then he'll become great.

I'm also glad that Matri extended his contract alongside De Ceglie and Bonucci. Matri is a fantastic striker and while it's clear he's not world class necessarily he does exemplify why Juventus has had so much success--he's industrious, he's hard working, he's self-sacrificing. He held up the ball for Quagliarella and fed him a perfect ball leading to a goal. I'm excited to see him play for us for the next couple of years.

Kyoufu

A Kyoufu quote about Wolves without 'I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DREW WITH WOLVES'? I am shocked. Still, what were they thinking sacking him? Just a crazy decision.

It's cool anyway, I still can't believe we drew with wolves :(

I'm saving it for when they get relegated.

Charles

Bonucci is talented but I fear that he has a routine, he makes a mistake then the next ~5 games he'll be more concentrated, then he'll get big headed and make another mistake.

If I were still a teenager my bedroom walls would be covered in Pirlo posters.

Only 82 min too late for bringing in Vazquez. Hopefully the Arabian money will get in some quality and hopefully Zamps wont keep on shitting the whole team up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WELCOME TO THIS THREAD .SHODAN

AWESOME AVATAR!

We won't find a better reserve/3rd CB in Serie A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom