• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

defel

We all know that Pep is looking for a new challenge within the next 1-2 years. The question is: Who is going to manage Barca after Pep? Now thats a difficult task.

Manager

Goal.com has written about the TV quote:
Manchester City will 'probably' try to sell Balotelli this summer, admits Mancini

Roberto Mancini has admitted Manchester City will 'probably' try to sell Mario Balotelli this summer following the striker's dismissal during the club's defeat to Arsenal on Sunday.

The 21-year-old has become a figure of frustration at the Etihad Stadium as despite his undoubted talent his discipline both on and off the field has often let down his manager and his team-mates at City.

This had led reports of his exit from the club in the summer as Mancini was said to have finally lost patience with the Italian striker.

When asked if City plan to sell Balotelli at the end of the season, Mancini told reporters: "Probably".
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896...ity-will-probably-try-to-sell-balotelli-this?

MPW

If Guardiola leaves Barca for an English club I sure hope the Triforce doesn't leave with him.

Messi/Iniesta/Xavi Triforce is too OP for one club in England.

trio won't be as successful in epl, not suited for them

xavi is getting up there in age already

Bumhead

Banned
It's alright saying this but it might not be up to Mancini who stays or goes, considering he might be off himself.

I actually think Mancini has handled the whole Balotelli situation really badly. He's appeared quick to criticise him at every opportunity. He deserves it, but you just don't see top managers publicly singleing out individuals in the squad like that. And that's part of the reason why Mancini isn't a top manager.

MPW

It's alright saying this but it might not be up to Mancini who stays or goes, considering he might be off himself.

think it all depends on jose

jose wins la liga and cl = he'll be at man city next season

jose wins only la liga = he'lll probably stay one more season at madrid to have another shot at cl

People say this but I don't see the reasoning behind it.

Barca would eat every team in our league alive week in week out.

not if all 3 are injured

much physically tougher and rougher league compared to la liga

confuziz

Banned
556635359.jpg

App Mancini said "probably" in regards to Balotelli not playing again this season but he has said things like he is unmanageable so yeah, not looking good

Congrats confuziz! Can we have Strootman now? Heard he was immense.

If we start the season with a fully fit Vidic permanently alongside Evans or Smalling with Ferdinand for cover, I'd be very happy. Apart from LB the rest of our defense is fine - Jones and Raf have great potential - and out wide and up front we're good. We could perhaps do with more of a brute force, lump it into the box striker because Rooney, Chicha, Welbeck and Owen tick other departments (going on the assumption Berba is leaving). Anyone from the reserves fit that mould?

It would be great to have Scholes around if used much more luxuriously than he has been this half season. The retirement done him the world of good, so if he was around for experience and the odd game that would be lovely; he'd be great in Europe against slower teams as well. Carrick should be a mainstay but we definitely need at least one centre mid signing; an improved Fletcher would be brilliant, one that battles for every ball and runs all day. Then I think we either have to let Clev/Pog grow into a role with lots of minutes or buy a creative midfielder.

It's been heavily rumoured that Clyne, a fullback from Crystal Palace, is joining us in the summer. There should be more rotation in Evra's position next season, even if it's just Fabio.

I doubt we'll ever go for a "brute force" striker and I'm glad for it. Fergie is trying to build a team of fast-paced, technical players. As for options in development, Will Keane looks the business. He's a great finisher with good touch and vision even outside the box. He'll probably go on loan next season, though. I don't rate Macheda, otherwise. Decent shot on him and little else; basically, the striker's version of Gibson. It's a bit unsettling, seemingly going into next season with Michael Owen as our fourth-choice striker - I'll give you that.

I'd rather we bought an alternative to Carrick. A passing midfielder who can screen the back four, too. I think we've named the transfer options on that front ad nauseum. But I could definitely see Fergie confound expectations and keep the faith with Anderson and Fletcher, and use Cleverley and Pogba more. So, get ready for a new winger! (Which might be a possibility - Park's been getting fewer games than usual, lately.)

It's been heavily rumoured that Clyne, a fullback from Crystal Palace, is joining us in the summer. There should be more rotation in Evra's position next season, even if it's just Fabio.

I doubt we'll ever go for a "brute force" striker and I'm glad for it. Fergie is trying to build a team of fast-paced, technical players. As for options in development, Will Keane looks the business. He's a great finisher with good touch and vision outside the box. He'll probably go on loan next season, though. I don't rate Macheda, otherwise. Decent shot on him and little else; basically, the striker's version of Gibson. It's a bit unsettling, seemingly going into next season with Michael Owen as our fourth-choice striker - I'll give you that.

I'd rather we bought an alternative to Carrick. A passing midfielder who can screen the back four, too. I think we've named the transfer options on that front ad nauseum. But I could definitely see Fergie confound expectations and keep the faith with Anderson and Fletcher, and use Cleverley and Pogba more. So, get ready for a new winger! (Which might be a possibility - Park's been getting zero games, lately.)

I honestly think we'll buy another winger. Our tactics live and die on wing play and we need to rotate good pacey wingers. 3 wingers isn't enough over the period of a season and several competitions in my view.

I'd feel our squad is deficient without a purchase in that area and no one in the reserves to take up that role.

Messi is not going anywhere.. why would Barca sell him? And who can afford that price tag anyway

Messi's price tag would probably be at least a couple hundred million pounds.

And his buyout clause...is an astronomically large number.

Still smaller than Ronaldo's buyout clause, meaning that Ronaldo is clearly the superior player

Mancini admits in the post-match interview that Balotelli may be sold in the summer. Although it sounds like the decision would be made above him if at all

edit: beaten

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Messi's price tag would probably be at least a couple hundred million pounds.

And his buyout clause...is an astronomically large number.
ALIENS.
Wikipedia said:
On 18 September, Messi signed a new contract with Barcelona, running until 2016 and with a buy-out clause of €250 million included, making Messi, along with Zlatan Ibrahimović, the highest paid players in La Liga, with earnings of around €9.5 million yearly

dc89

I don't want to sound like I'm settling for 2nd best but I think City fans can be proud in the fact they challenged for the title this season. It's City's first title challenge since 1978. Shock horror, THEY FINISH SECOND to a well oiled machine.

They've broke all kinds of records, more than you can shake a stick at. And they've been entertaining for many months.

City should have won this title - but it's not played on paper. But if United go on to win it now theres only one from nineteen other teams that can honestly say 'we challenged for that title'

Manchester City.

I don't want to sound like I'm settling for 2nd best but I think City fans can be proud in the fact they challenged for the title this season. It's City's first title challenge since 1978. Shock horror, THEY FINISH SECOND to a well oiled machine.

They've broke all kinds of records, more than you can shake a stick at. And they've been entertaining for many months.

City should have won this title - but it's not played on paper. But if United go on to win it now theres only one from nineteen other teams that can honestly say 'we challenged for that title'

Manchester City.

ixnQdp15Xr6In.gif

Lightning

Banned
Can we have Ramsey instead? He's a much better finisher.
No worries. 20 million and Ramsey is all yours!

Ramsey has talent. He is not in the best but he'll snap out of it eventually but he should work on his finishing because it's poor. I dont understand why he didn't pass the ball to Van Persie who would have had a much better chance at scoring... Points difference could be very important come last game.

Away to Wolves next. Dont fuck this up Arsenal....

Yen

At the same time, your team has outspent every club in Europe in the last four years and all you have for it is an FA Cup victory against Stoke.

Kyoufu

No worries. 20 million and Ramsey is all yours!

Ramsey has talent. He is not in the best but he'll snap out of it eventually but he should work on his finishing because it's poor. I dont understand why he didn't pass the ball to Van Persie who would have had a much better chance at scoring... Points difference could be very important come last game.

Away to Wolves next. Dont fuck this up Arsenal....

20 million rupees

edit: fucking LOL at that poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom