• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Their recent form has been so impressive that with some smart signings and some discipline they could really give the league a run for its money.

until March/April and then they start to lose games. Always happens with the recent Arsenal teams. Seems like a mentality problem, I think.

Kyoufu

They need another person that can score goals on a semi-consistent basis. And Wilshere to return from the grave.

I'm an Arsenal fan and even I don't see this happening.

With a solid defence (lets face it your current back four are crap, especially away from home) they could surprise a lot of naysayers IMO.

Of course this all depends on RVP moving to RMA or not.

So Mancini doesn't think Balotelli will play again, and will be sold. Didn't he say the same about Tevez?

That's not really what he said though. Sounds more like it was a last warning to him more than anything, but as Mancinini is pretty much Marios father at this point I bet he will end up forgiving him his kid no matter what. :p

GorillaJu

Oh man I fell asleep during half time. City didn't look like they'd win first half so seeing the result doesn't surprise me, but it's a shame the title race is over so soon. Fuck you, Ashley Young.

Salvadora

Oh man I fell asleep during half time. City didn't look like they'd win first half so seeing the result doesn't surprise me, but it's a shame the title race is over so soon. Fuck you, Ashley Young.

I think United would have won without that penalty but I suppose someone has to fill in for Nani.

K1LLER7

That's not really what he said though. Sounds more like it was a last warning to him more than anything, but as Mancinini is pretty much Marios father at this point I bet he will end up forgiving him his kid no matter what. :p

BBC/Match of the day, said he said it at the press conference.

^maybe the bust up was the last straw, if true.

Don't want him to leave though, he's pretty entertaining.

Could have broken Song's leg today.

That was a cunt move for sure but he's always interesting to watch just like Chelsea games are more interesting when Torres plays as you want him to score

Next season especially I'll be watching all prem games without any vested interest at all if we go down, I want the characters to remain

Lightning

Banned
I really like Arteta. He's done well for Arsenal, perhaps not a world class player but he suits Arsenal very well. Smart player and it seems very likeable too.
He is a calm head in a midfied of youngsters and loose their way. That is the best thing about Arteta and he goes about his business very very well. Alex Song, Aaron Ramsey and co can lose their head in pressure situations, much like Ramsey did today, but Arteta is a calm mature footballer and very good at what he does.

Ramsey should have passed to a free Van Persie.... I like Ramsey but I was irritated by that.

So Mancini doesn't think Balotelli will play again, and will be sold. Didn't he say the same about Tevez?
Except with Tevez it was at the start of the season. Balotelli has a lot to answer for from the FA and there are only 6 games remaining. The cunt deserves a ban for his tackle on Song.

I expect both Tevez and Balotelli to be sold in the summer. City are better off without players like them.

keit4

Banned
pepearbe-3357af4.gif

BBC/Match of the day, said he said it at the press conference.

^maybe the bust up was the last straw, if true.

Don't want him to leave though, he's pretty entertaining.

He said when they kept asking if he would sell Mario : "Probably - but I don't know. It depends, because Balotelli is a fantastic player". So still very much open for consideration. The comment about him not playing was because he thinks they would suspend him, not because he wants to punish him himself, at least he went on to talk about that and that he thought they would ban him.

I just gave up the dreams for Champions League for Newcastle.

What if we wouldn't have gotten 100 minutes additional time against Arsenal and lost the lead against Wolves:(

But overall the best season in such a long time, I'm such a proud Magpie supporter right now. All the positive things almost makes me forget the Sir Keegan situation and the name of the arena that should never be spoken.

Can't wait to see how Newcastle do in the summer transfer window, They've made fantastic buys so far.
Yeah it has been pretty crazy, but I'm sure that we will send some players away too. The most important thing to me is that Krul, Colo and Tiote stays. They are our heart and soul.

Lightning

Banned
It's still there to play for but we have harder fixtures than Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea. :(.
Are you dreaming?

Have you seen Chelseas fixtures? They're shit.

They have Fulham away next which will be a tough game. They have both us and Liverpool away which will be tough games and they also have to play you guys. That's 4 of their last 6 games... and in between that they have Spurs in the FA cup and 2 games against Barcelona... Chelsea have got a hard April coming up....

Dibbz

Just got in. Yes, fucking yes. What a great result for Arsenal. Should have been more than one but 3 points.

Also fuck Balotelli. The guy is shit and I'm not just saying that because he can't tackle. Literally the guy is shit. I never see him do anything good with the ball unless it's a penalty which he walks in. Neville summed him up perfect with the circus clown analogy.

Ap-K4jtCQAAcRyC.png

Kyoufu

Are you dreaming?

Have you seen Chelseas fixtures? They're shit.

They have Fulham away next which will be a tough game. They have both us and Liverpool away which will be tough games and they also have to play you guys. That's 4 of their last 6 games... and in between that they have Spurs in the FA cup and 2 games against Barcelona... Chelsea have got a hard April coming up....

Oh crap you're right. Well I suppose the race for 5th place is on :)

Fady K

Damn it Chelsea are not going to qualify for CL football are they? I feel it :[!!! Playing a tough as hell Arsenal at Emirates, a Newcastle with Cisse, and Liverpool at Anfield? Fudge this dull Chelsea season! Thanks a million AVB!

On the other hand happy for my fellow Londoners and Newcastle fans.

While the Premier League is as dull as can be with the title decided 6 weeks before the end lol (congrats to Viva, Wil and the rest of the gang, hard fought and earned. Only wish Young was not a part of your team), the La Liga is getting HOT. What a match by Valencia today - the goalie was INCREDIBLE!!!! I remember Barcelona going through this situation against Sevilla at Camp Nou where the damn bitch would not allow any balls into the net. Should be exciting.

yeah, that soon, man :D german media is already talking about this game since last week. this match day was just a fore play for many newspapers.

I look forward to watching it! One of the few Bundesliga games for me (due to not having much time) but it should be great, no doubt :) I expect plenty of goals!

Unless we lose by an unfathomable margin. Please don't let that happen Chelsea. I believe.

All I believe is with AVB gone, we'll concede less, no doubt.

And there's the voice of Fady. He makes a brilliant point, it's the only way it will stop.

Thanks bro! I really do wish they'd stop and enforce this rule once and for all for the good of football.

Something that is always quite hard to understand eh Fady, when a ref is shit, he is shit.

Agreed man! Do you remember any games were the ref was horrible for Barca this season? The last one I remember was when we lost 3-2 to Osasuna away when the ref disallowed an ONSIDE goal and allowed an offside goal for Osasuna, plus he prevented us from having an obvious penalty. From a potential 3 points to absolutely nothing.

We're fine with a ban for Young, Fady.

Don't get me wrong Salazar, this is not about United; I mean this for all players. Even our own Sturridge when he does it.

Fady is right. Ban divers too.

Yes! Made my point above ;) BTW have you watched Hugo bro?

If it becomes the standard, yes. Happy for him to become the first in a new initiative or what have you.

Just banning him while other divers get away with it every weekend? Not so much.

It can't be a ban just because it's united, let your team's divers take the punishment too.

Definitely, a punishment for all no doubt. I bet the rate of diving would drop DRAMATICALLY.

My favourite posters on footy-GAF :p

Even Gary Neville couldn't deny that Young dived.

So are you, you rock Kyoufu ^_________^

Get rid of that troll in your avatar and get an Olivia one, please :)

So soon my friend ;D I fancy putting Messi up there at some point since he is my all time favorite :D

:( I don't want to do this anymore

I know that feeling bro - it really is horribly tough. While your team should have tried much harder, let's be honest - Silva was not available and is not at his best at all, and Toure was injured at the very start. On top of that, Balotelli was having a very bad game and so was Aguero. Consistency is key and I don't know if Mancini can do it well - but I really want to see you guys lift many trophies one day :) The good news for you is CL football is guaranteed for next season. My club will be missing out it seems, unless by some miracle they can beat Newcastle, Arsenal, and Liverpool and an in-form Fulham + a Blackburn fighting relegation. Oh, the horror :(

Haha apparently Sczenzncycucy had a beer bottle thrown at him at the end of the game so he picked it up and drank it :lol

He's a master troll.

LOL! Hahahahah I laughed way more than expected at this :p

Fact: La Liga, worst refs in the world.

Kyoufu got it right. As a fan who watches both leagues consistently, Premier League refs are by far the worst.

not going to watch it, not getting my hopes up.

Good on you for stopping yourself; After hearing it was goalless at half time I couldn't fight the urge not to watch it - and I was squealing like a little boy for Valencia not to concede.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm freaking nervous right now. This América may not be a great team, but they look a lot more consistent than us.

I don't think we will be able to qualify for the Liguilla, but we need this win regardless.

Slizz

I'm freaking nervous right now. This América may not be a great team, but they look a lot more consistent than us.

I don't think we will be able to qualify for the Liguilla, but we need this win regardless.

I get it in HD, is it gonna be entertaining? I'll watch this in between the Heat game.

Kyoufu got it right. As a fan who watches both leagues consistently, Premier League refs are by far the worst.

In the end they are both terrible wrong though. Serie a is a whole other level of incompetence than what is seen in la liga and premier league. Also don't worry about CL, Fady, Chelsea will obviously win CL. ;)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I get it in HD, is it gonna be entertaining? I'll watch this in between the Heat game.
Mexican football is very inconsistent. I don't think many neutrals will find enjoyment out of this Clásico. Hopefully it at least delivers on the emotion factor.

Guadalajara: Reynoso, Araujo, Fabián, Nava, Torres, Ponce, Báez, Magallón, Hernández, Álvarez y Fierro. DT. Ambríz

América: Mosquera, Molina, Montenegro, Benítez, Reyes, Cárdenas, Bermúdez, Aguilar, Muñóz, Medina y Pimentel. DT. Herrera

WTF Pimentel? lol Surprised we are gonna play with two strikers.

Slizz

Mexican football is very inconsistent. I don't think many neutrals will find enjoyment out of this Clásico. Hopefully it at least delivers on the emotion factor.

Guadalajara: Reynoso, Araujo, Fabián, Nava, Torres, Ponce, Báez, Magallón, Hernández, Álvarez y Fierro. DT. Ambríz

América: Mosquera, Molina, Montenegro, Benítez, Reyes, Cárdenas, Bermúdez, Aguilar, Muñóz, Medina y Pimentel. DT. Herrera

WTF Pimentel? lol Surprised we are gonna play with two strikers.

I get a ton of Mexican football in Miami on TV and it really is. I think last weekend it was an amazing weekend full of incredible goals, but then you'll just get grind it out, hoof the ball up front and pray type games.

I'm watching though :D

FootballFan

Can someone repost the Messi bib meme pic please

V42Su.jpg

Really. I HATE Mourinho. He's like a poison.

I like you.

thoughts on Madrid game:
lol.
Dat Ronaldo dive.
Pepe the piece of shit getting told off by Arbeloa for acting like he got shot
Dat Guaita save(or shit miss from Benz)

What a fucking shitty game and a fucking awful ref.

Yeah always the ref. Solo Robais indeed.

The funny thing about this...Barca are exactly the same...

Liga should be good to watch now!

Not really, maybe in the CL? But ask most here and we will admit our away form has just been way too shit. Unless you talking about the actual coach/players?

Agreed man! Do you remember any games were the ref was horrible for Barca this season? The last one I remember was when we lost 3-2 to Osasuna away when the ref disallowed an ONSIDE goal and allowed an offside goal for Osasuna, plus he prevented us from having an obvious penalty. From a potential 3 points to absolutely nothing.

Exactly what I meant. Things happen, Chelsea score 2 offside goals, Ashley Young is offside, dives and gets a penalty + red card, Refs can't see everything.(though some things should definitely be seen by at least the linesmen)

Clegg

I forgot to mention that I put a tenner on Louis Oosthuizen to win the Masters.

He was 100/1 at the time.

Possible smugface incoming.

Messi

I forgot to mention that I put a tenner on Louis Oosthuizen to win the Masters.

He was 100/1 at the time.

Possible smugface incoming.

As did I :p, pretty sure he is about to lose though.

You guys see this at Barca's party for Abidal?

Him with his cousin/doner:
1333892603201-480x295.jpg

1333892603176-480x299.jpg

tumblr_m25y3doacW1qh44nuo4_1280-480x642.jpg

Fëanor

Not watching the game, I gave up a long time ago with this fucking futbol llanero.

Stubo

So this is what it feels like to be included in a Fady multiquote post, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Any further rumours on the Balotelli fight/cheekbone thing? It seems like it would just be a rumour for most people, but he's one guy I can genuinely imagine this stuff happening to.

Kyoufu

So this is what it feels like to be included in a Fady multiquote post, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Any further rumours on the Balotelli fight/cheekbone thing? It seems like it would just be a rumour for most people, but he's one guy I can genuinely imagine this stuff happening to.

Yaya Toure and Balotelli both deny fighting.

So it obviously happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom