• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

doicare

This is a week old but it made me smile:

la_injury_league_120331.jpg

All hail Ferguson.
My ears are burning.

Lightning

Banned
Everton-City-Swansea-Sunderland. < Utd could lose and draw in any of these games...

This title race ain't over.
Oh come off it. Seriously, what are the odds of Swansea or Everton going to Old Trafford and beating/drawing with a Utd side smelling the title? Not very good at all.

United will have a tough time at Sunderland in the Stadium of Light like many others but lets not kid oursevles here. For Utd to lose the title from here they would need to implode on themselves and Man City will need to start playing exceptionally well again.

Man City have a trip to Newcastle and a trip to Carrow Road to play Norwich. Both of those games are not going to be easy at all... City have blown it, only a surreal optimist would think otherwise.

Lightning

Banned
Oh great! I just found out that Koscielny has picked up too many yellow cards and will be suspended for the Chelsea game. Damn it.....

xintin

How long did Chelsea take to challenge for or even win the title?

finished 2nd the year Roman bought the club (03-04), won the league back to back after Jose took over (04-05 & 05-06). we had been finishing in the top 6 for about a decade before Roman took over.

Blablurn

"Can't confirm, but apparently somebody through a beer at Szcz&#281;sny earlier - so he picked it up and drank it. Pic -"
jlvoGLVnxIcTE.png

HE HAS ARISEN. IT'S AN EASTER MIRACLE. PRAISE THE LORD.

wow :D thats badass. coolest thing an arsenal player has done in the last 6 years.

Salazar

Fulham face a fight to hold on to goal ace Clint Dempsey, a £10m target for Arsenal and Tottenham. Manchester United, who already have a couple of popular Americans in the boardroom, are also interested.

iuLyB.gif

"Can't confirm, but apparently somebody through a beer at Szcz&#281;sny earlier - so he picked it up and drank it. Pic -"
jlvoGLVnxIcTE.png

Would have been amazing if it was piss, saw some guy get tricked into drinking that at Roskilde Festival once.

lol City. Look. Look at your shitty celebration as Arsenal destroyed your chances of a title.

Shitty celebration? YOU'RE SHITTY. :(

Seriously it's pretty great and we like a few other clubs has been doing it for years, shame City took it everyone now connects it with them.

dc89

That is a horrendous challenge. Mario needs to get his shit together. I don't think we'll see him play again this season. Dzeko doesn't deserve to be left on the bench whilst he plays.

Choc

Banned
That is a horrendous challenge. Mario needs to get his shit together. I don't think we'll see him play again this season. Dzeko doesn't deserve to be left on the bench whilst he plays.

Mancini said he won't pick him for the rest of the season anyway. He will be transfer listed

but who would buy him :|

dc89

I am gonna laugh my ass off if come end of season SAF announces he is retiring 8)

So many people will celebrate that day for many different reasons.

Off topic:

GA, I just can't do it. I just can't play ME3. I've heard so many bad things about the ending, not spoilers but just how bad it is. It's really put me off playing it.

So I'm gonna start playing Skyrim. Only got 7 hours in last time, that deserves some more play time.

rodvik

Dunno. Were AC Milan ever interested!?

I am sure he will find a club. It was clear today though that his team mates despise him.

They all just walked past him at half time as he lay on the ground clutching his leg. The only player to ask him if he was ok as Blue shirts walked by uncaring? Alex Song.

Amazing.

rodvik

So many people will celebrate that day for many different reasons.

Off topic:

GA, I just can't do it. I just can't play ME3. I've heard so many bad things about the ending, not spoilers but just how bad it is. It's really put me off playing it.

So I'm gonna start playing Skyrim. Only got 7 hours in last time, that deserves some more play time.

Indeed on SAF. yeah Skyrim deserves a good run of your time. I still havent finished ME2 so I have a while before having to worry about 3. Also my ongoing FM addiction means other games dont get a look in...

I played Skyrim for about 5 hours before getting bored with the same shitty combat system. Also fuck bethesda and their "new engine", obviously still your gamebryo crap and it's still embarrassingly buggy and ugly at places.

Won't believe until I see him in another club's shirt.

See: Tevez fiasco.

Not to mention that Mancini didn't say anything like "He will be sold". He said he would "probably try..." when asked and then went on with his "but i don't know" and then went on to talk about what Mario can do when he's not being a cunt, sounded like nothing was set in stone at all, just the sun liking their catchy headlines and re writing whatever they want.

Salvadora

I played Skyrim for about 5 hours before getting bored with the same shitty combat system. Also fuck bethesda and their "new engine", obviously still your gamebryo crap and it's still embarrassingly buggy and ugly at places.

Yeah I'm playing melee and its fucking horrendous.

panty

Okay help me out FM12-GAF. I downloaded a logopack but I can't get it to work.. I tried everything, created graphics, logos, whatnot folders but nothing works, unticked the box etc.

Don't tell me you need to start a new game for those fuckers to work?

Okay help me out FM12-GAF. I downloaded a logopack but I can't get it to work.. I tried everything, created graphics, logos, whatnot folders but nothing works, unticked the box etc.

Don't tell me you need to start a new game for those fuckers to work?

No you don't have to start a new game. But other than that I really don't know what could be wrong, I would give you a list of boxes to uncheck and what not but sounds like you already did that.

panty

Well I unchecked the 'Skin Cache' and checked 'always reload'.

In what folder should they be? The logo pack itself was like

Argentina
Brazil
etc

and those folders contained the different leagues. Should there be a logos folder inside the graphics folder?

Kozak

Banned

It took me a while to get into Skyrim. In the end I stayed only because of my imagination. The sidequests are the best part of the game imo.

Are you on XP? Cause it's a different folder there for some reason.

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\
Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager

dc89

I am sure he will find a club. It was clear today though that his team mates despise him.

They all just walked past him at half time as he lay on the ground clutching his leg. The only player to ask him if he was ok as Blue shirts walked by uncaring? Alex Song.

Amazing.

Well I'd be sick of him too by now to be frank. He's cost the team a lot over two seasons. But he's also done quite a bit too. He's a right enigma.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well I'd be sick of him too by now to be frank. He's cost the team a lot over two seasons. But he's also done quite a bit too. He's a right enigma.

He's not an enigma, though. He's a continental El-Hadji Diouf with slightly more talent. If he were an enigma we wouldn't have been able to predict his sending off with 100% certainty.

Dunno. Were AC Milan ever interested!?

Yup, Galliani said a few days ago that Balotelli would have been a Milan player sooner or later. But after yesterday "tackle", and everything else he has done in the last year, I'm not sure if Milan would still buy him.

A team with Ibra, Van Bommel, Balotelli, Boateng, Gattuso (maybe even Muntari and Flamini) and Robinho could be quite a challenge for Allegri. I wonder if and how he could manage that.

Hixx

Easter weekend is always packed cos of the two bank holidays.

5 games today, more tomorrow and on wednesday. Its great.

I've been without Internet/telly all weekend because some fuck-wit idiot 'cut the cables' during 'service maintenance' and left our whole apartment building without any net for the whole weekend.

Apparently the problem still hasn't been resolved, since I've been calling home all day and the phone just won't ring

If this shit is not fixed I'm gonna fucking explode. I need my fucking internetz (and tv/EPL) god dammit.

This is a great time to be without Tv, for sure.... NOT. :-(

did you end up getting any eggs Hixx? :)

Arnie

Football, football football.

Time off, football, chocolate. If you cut the Jesus shit out from Easter it's actually really good.

Football, football football.

Time off, football, chocolate. If you cut the Jesus shit out from Easter it's actually really good.

It's not like anybody's shoving that Jesus shit down your throats in the U.K. Not as bad as where I live, that's for sure :p

I thought I had till 12:30 to edit my fantasy team for this week, but the sites now getting updated :(

oh crap, we need to update today? I totally forgot. Great :p

On well, my team worked out pretty well after using my wild card last gameweek, I'll tweak them for the one after with 2 transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom