• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Looks like the Newcastle v Chelsea game has been given a date of May 2nd - a Wednesday.

Will this game determine who finishes at least 5th between the two?

clear foul, the stoke dude had his hands on the shoulders of the villa defender, prevented him from jumping and gave himself a little boost. how did the ref miss that.

LegoArmo

his grin as the fans applauded him at the end of last weeks blackburn game is one of my season highlights

tumblr_m1vrh5w8nW1qcs3bmo3_500.gif

though it's not quite as good as this moment

degeaojai9.gif

He's so lovable.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even know there was a match today due to being busy with work. I didn't expect 4 goals but we were playing against Sunderland.

GQman2121

Banned
* It's eight wins out of 10 in all competitions for Roberto di Matteo since he took over as interim manager.

* Six of Chelsea's last 12 league goals have come from defenders.

* Branislav Ivanovic has scored three goals in Chelsea's last two league matches. When his goal went in against Wigan he had scored as many goals in his last 101 minutes of Premier League football as Fernando Torres has done all season.

:tear:

It's looking likely that Torres will start today though.

Fady K

Gotta feel bad for the Villa gaffers here. One question guys, why the heck did you go with McLeish in the first place >_<?

To be fair, I wouldn't begrudge Newcastle a spot.

Likewise, a good solid and likable team with players who finish spectacularly. Also cause Kyoufu and Carbonox own, even if they want Chelsea to lose all the time :( That's understandable though, at this rate.

Is Ivanovic looking at a 3 match ban for his punch yesterday?

Ivanovic punched someone?

Fady K

Chelsea are always entertaining to watch. Can't wait!

All is well in the world of football when such nice words come from a Juve fan ; ]

A quick warning though Yurt, the team is too tired after having played TWELVE games (tonight is their twelfth) in ONE month ;[ They will soon play the following: Tottenham, Barcelona, Arsenal, Barcelona :p :p :p

Huh? Why Iva? Why? :S

He probably deserved it, I put my trust in Ivan and that he made the right decision, I am sure the FA will agree.

Why would he do that though? Never seemed like the sort of guy! Unless that Wigan player tried to grope his bum!

Carbonox

Holy shit at Chelsea's remaining fixtures:

Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur
Barcelona
Arsenal
Barcelona
QPR
Newcastle United
Liverpool
Blackburn Rovers

Whereas we only have Stoke, Wigan, Chelsea, Man City Everton.

I honestly think we can get 5th for sure now. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom