• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick poll: This may be a bit premature, but does anyone forsee the teams that will be promoted to the premier league to be able to survive a season there? For my money there's no team there that leaps out to me as being able to replicate what Norwich/Swansea have done this season, even Southampton look a bit dodgy to me.

Hixx

If I was in his shoes I probably wouldn't. If he does it shows an immense amount of courage.

Quick poll: This may be a bit premature, but does anyone forsee the teams that will be promoted to the premier league to be able to survive a season there? For my money there's no team there that leaps out to me as being able to replicate what Norwich/Swansea have done this season, even Southampton look a bit dodgy to me.

Tbh I thought it would be 2 of the 3 promoted teams + Wigan to go down this season but Norwich and Swansea have had no problems adjusting. The gap between the bottom 5 or 6 teams and the top 3 of the Championship isn't as big as it used to be.

GQman2121

Banned
I also like Chelsea! Mainly due to Mata and Torres. Two great players.

Mata is not starting tonight. Probably best to give him a rest. He's been featured in every game for the last two months.

Cech; Ivan, Cahill, JT, Bert; Mikel, Lamps; Rambo, Meireles, Kalou; Torres

Scum

Holy shit at Chelsea's remaining fixtures:

Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur
Barcelona
Arsenal
Barcelona
QPR
Newcastle United
Liverpool
Blackburn Rovers

Whereas we only have Stoke, Wigan, Chelsea, Man City Everton.

I honestly think we can get 5th for sure now. :p
4th, you mean. I think we've buggered up our chance really. I've resigned myself to be pessimistic. :-/

dc89

Is this...a...good idea?

Also, I want to marry Gary Neville. He is music to my ears.

I have the same feeling, it would be risky him playing for sure. It would be a wonderful story to see him come back and do well, but if he can't for medical reasons I think he could play a part in Bolton's coaching set up, at youth level or otherwise.

No Mata?! Damn, Fantasy Football down the toilet this week. Who is going to link up with Torres tonight then? I think if you rest Mata you should rest Torres. They just seem to bounce off each other so well.

Moobabe

Holy shit at Chelsea's remaining fixtures:

Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur
Barcelona
Arsenal
Barcelona
QPR
Newcastle United
Liverpool
Blackburn Rovers

Whereas we only have Stoke, Wigan, Chelsea, Man City Everton.

I honestly think we can get 5th for sure now. :p

And the FA haven't lifted a finger to help us out - with regards in particular to the Spurs game this weekend. Ah well - I know City/United/Arsenal would like the fixtures we have - so we can't complain. Solid performance tonight is what I'm hoping for.

He'll probably just go back to training with some regualrity at best for the remainder of the season, hopefully under the watchfull eye of the team doctors.

Honestly if he gets in a full 90 minutes before this year is over I'd say that would be incredible.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
4th, you mean. I think we've buggered up our chance really. I've resigned myself to be pessimistic. :-/

As shite as we were today, if King had any mobility at all we would have won 1-0. We started off well but his early gaffes gave everybody the jitters, just like Sandro against Sunderland, only we didn't have Parker to rescue us. Two 0-0s and a home win with Gallas in the side, bring Ledley back and we lose again. He is sadly finished now. If Kaboul and Gallas are available for the last 5 games, we should really win all 5. Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle still have to take points off each other whereas we have got those games out of the way.

GQman2121

Banned
And the FA haven't lifted a finger to help us out - with regards in particular to the Spurs game this weekend. Ah well - I know City/United/Arsenal would like the fixtures we have - so we can't complain. Solid performance tonight is what I'm hoping for.

This is the perfect time to get at Spurs, so I don't mind that game at all. I know we were trying to have it bumped because we have Barca a few days after, but honestly, I want the FA Cup too and Spurs are rip for the picking.

Carbonox

Martin Jol has confirmed that Fulham forward Bryan Ruiz has a broken metatarsal, ruling him out for the rest of the season.

OH NOES.

Glad we didn't get him in the end. He's bit shit this season. I swear we're not only the best at transfer dealings but we're also the best at dodging bullets. Gervinho was nearly joining us before Arsenal went in for him and now look at him. We was in for Ruiz also. N'Zogbia too!

Scum

As shite as we were today, if King had any mobility at all we would have won 1-0. We started off well but his early gaffes gave everybody the jitters, just like Sandro against Sunderland, only we didn't have Parker to rescue us. Two 0-0s and a home win with Gallas in the side, bring Ledley back and we lose again. He is sadly finished now. If Kaboul and Gallas are available for the last 5 games, we should really win all 5. Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle still have to take points off each other whereas we have got those games out of the way.

Wish I could I share your optimism. :-/
But I definitely get what you're saying. Ledley should just a part of the backroom staff, I say. :p

Wilbur

Banned
I think Ruiz is quality ability wise but needs to settle in a bit more. Class player though. Dembele is my favourite Fulham player though

GQman2121

Banned
I think Ruiz is quality ability wise but needs to settle in a bit more. Class player though. Dembele is my favourite Fulham player though

Ruiz is an intimidating looking guy. I wouldn't want to have to challenge for balls in the air against him.

It looks like the rain is really coming down. The likelihood of Torres slipping just shot up to 110%.

Anderson

Its shocking how shit Gervinho has been.

Have to agree, definitely bought the wrong player from Lille. Just checked out his Gervinho's wikipedia page and it said that "He is known for his pace and finishing"

mj-laughing1.gif

GQman2121

Banned
What's the rule in place for Taarabt at QPR? Never pass to him on your own side of the pitch or something like that? Yeah, we need to have a similar rule for Mikel. Don't shoot outside of 2 yards ever.

dc89

Balotelli faces a possible 9 game ban. 1 game for red, 2 games for 3rd red of the season, 3 games for violent conduct (Song) and +3 games for 4th red of the season.

FML.

Kyoufu

There we go, a booking for Meireles.

Balotelli faces a possible 9 game ban. 1 game for red, 2 games for 3rd red of the season, 3 games for violent conduct (Song) and +3 games for 4th red of the season.

FML.

FML? You do realise him out of the team is a good thing, right?

dc89

There we go, a booking for Meireles.

FML? You do realise him out of the team is a good thing, right?

Of course I realise that. That's the very reason I'm FML'ing, a player with his undoubted ability shouldn't be getting banned for 9 games, he shouldn't have the attitude problems he has, he shouldn't be squandering his talent and natural gift. But he is, so FML.

---

Have you guys seen the new Pepsi advert? Wilshere kicks a ball! The only ball he's kicked all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom