• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
First midfielder to get 150 Prem goals.
Great great achievement. 25% penalties as good as that one.

Think Lampard has dropped a level now and isn't a top player though. He doesn't have the ability to continue on at Chelsea into his late 30's like Scholes and Giggs have but he'll get goals, somehow he just knows where to be.

Carbonox

I wouldn't call it a dive but the touch (that's all it was, not a take out) from Murphy's boot leads Kalou to trip over the ball. Considering Murphy didn't get the ball though and still made contact (however minimal), it's pretty much a penalty.

Fry

153624_o.gif

Good night, guys :D

Hahahah.
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/27350111.html

I still think this is mind-blowing.

El Tigre

Great great achievement. 25% penalties as good as that one.

Think Lampard has dropped a level now and isn't a top player though. He doesn't have the ability to continue on at Chelsea into his late 30's like Scholes and Giggs have but he'll get goals, somehow he just knows where to be.
Yeah, at the penalty spot.

sneaky77

you seriously see that as a dive? you sure its not that 4th place dream glasses blurring your vision?

looks like a dive from the slow motion gif posted here, but it was a stupid tackle attempt, and going like that well.. but I expect is pretty impossible for the ref to see that at full speed.

Kyoufu

so because the sky tv guys think its a dive makes it so? What ever happen to thinking for yourself man.

Like I said, keep on defending your team.

I'll be happy when Bossquets jumps in your box for a penalty.

Also, referee just said Murphy made no contact.

edit: Holy shit at the referee's reason for the penalty. Wow.

TeegsD

You can feel the tension in here haha

Anywho, it's nice to be winning this game. We dominated at least 3/4 of the first half where none of the forwards even touched the ball. If we have that control again in the second half then I can see us score more goals. We just need to stay onside and try at least 1 more pass before booting a shot. (Looking at you Capel)

Igo

Does there even need to be contact? It was a dangerous tackle that impeded an opposing player. I thought that was enough for a foul to be called.

Kyoufu

I am not sure what he said, but an attempt with both cleats forward can be called a foul for intent even without contact..

Referee said it was given because the other defender clipped him on the way through.

Replay laughs at that reason.

That's football I guess.

Thing is I don't even like Kalou or how our players in generally caused AVB to get fired, I wouldn't mind them not qualifying for CL either for their behavior early this season.

SMH.

We're winning now that ABV is gone. That's all that matters.

Not to me I think AVB had real potential as a manager and doesn't deserve how he was treated, winning is all well and good but winning with some these guys who were the cause of of AVB's demise still rubs me the wrong way.

Salvadora

Not to me I think AVB had real potential as a manager and doesn't deserve how he was treated, winning is all well and good but winning with some these guys who were the cause of of AVB's demise still rubs me the wrong way.

I wonder if he will stay in England. Has a ton of money now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom