• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif
Perfect.

I think it was Willkiller who said that himself after he scored lol.

edit: here it is:

Yeah, agreed! Imagine if Ben Arfa came up against Messi though! What a night that would be, I mean he's good...but he's no Ben Arfa.

Slizz

Late reply but hitting the post actually counts as an off-target attempt.

The wet grass, the bounce, the spin, I was thinking it had a chance to go in off the post. I don't know how you can claim an OG if it might or might not hit the post and might or might not bounce in off the post. But yea I knew that posts were not shots on target.

TeegsD

Why must it be Monday and not Friday? I have no alcohol at all. Well either way, no work is being done tonight. SPORTING OLE!

TeegsD

How long is Onyewu out for?

He tweeted the other night that he had resumed training and I think I saw him sitting in the stands. Chose to dress up in his gear instead of some casual wear. I hope we see him in the Taca de Portugal fully fit hopefully.

Our possession ended ridiculously low but whenever we had it, we managed to make use of it. Just unlucky in finishing and Arturo was a wall tonight.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
lol Ledley King. How was that not a pen.

I know, he had a mare today. Responsible for both goals, totally bamboozled by Grant Holt every single time the ball came towards him and should have conceded a pen and been sent off. He is obviously past it now, it's amazing how quickly the decline has happened. From MVP in January to a complete liability. This is what happens when you haven't trained for 3 years, talent can only carry you for so long. The days where he could come in after being out for months and be the best player on the pitch are over.

I didn't see this Kaboul kick but I hear he was lucky as well.

Kyoufu

Oh funny!!!!

I think we will do Newcastle a favor just this once and beat Chelsea. Spurs are 1 more stuff up from being kicked out off the top 4. Just a few weeks ago they were title contenders....

The implosions from City and Spurs has been hilarious.

Lol at Spurs' defending. Norwich totally deserved the win.

Can't stop laughing at Spurs watching this. Norwich should have gotten at least one penalty.

Just saw the Sporting-Benfica replays, that was a clear penalty. However, the one over Gaitan was even clearer...

Still seems that overall Sporting had ALOT more chances.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The implosions from City and Spurs has been hilarious.

Can't stop laughing at Spurs watching this. Norwich should have gotten at least one penalty.

To think we were 20 points ahead of you at one stage...it really is a spectacular bottle job, even by our standards.

dc89

Depends if Bent is fit

Rooney, Sturridge & Welback are definites, although Rooney is the only one I'd feel comfortable with in such important matches

Welbeck can't even shoot. He gets in good positions but his finishing really let's him down. Every United game we see Lolbeck posted on here.

Welbeck can't even shoot. He gets in good positions but his finishing really let's him down. Every United game we see Lolbeck posted on here.

Is there anyone better, assuiming that you want 4 strikers at the Euros?

Also, Holt comes with a few drawbacks. He may well, through no fault of his own, cause the team to play the longball too often. Also, I think he'd struggle to get a decent scoring opportunity against a properly tight team, which there'll be many of, both in and after (hopefully) our group

Salazar

That said (and I'm fairly sure he'll come good in that respect), he is a beast in build-up play and he's really very cunning and industrious at picking the ball back up before it even gets to their midfield.

The finishing is the most important thing, but everything else is up to international scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom