• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvy

Banned
Fault happens before that. He grabs him by his neck and makes him fall.

My point is, if that's not a penalty in Sporting's box, when Luisão is being grabbed, how can this be a penalty:

sporting-cp---sl-benfe4k5a.gif

PHV02.jpg

?

Anyway, Sporting played better, but we were playing the same up until the penalty was awarded and we already had a penalty not given in the first minute which was clear as day.

Wait, you edited. Never mind then.

My point is, if that's not a penalty in Sporting's box, when Luisão is being grabbed, how can this be a penalty:

sporting-cp---sl-benfe4k5a.gif

PHV02.jpg

?

Anyway, Sporting played better, but we were playing the same up until the penalty was awarded and we already had a penalty not given in the first minute which was clear as day.

Wait, you edited. Never mind then.

I thought that was the same faul and he grabbed his shirt falling or something. I didn't see that one, SportTV doesn't seem to be showing it again so far.

That said (and I'm fairly sure he'll come good in that respect), he is a beast in build-up play and he's really very cunning and industrious at picking the ball back up before it even gets to their midfield.

The finishing is the most important thing, but everything else is up to international scratch.

He just needs to take finishing tips from Rooney rather than Michael Owen. Just hit it Danny.

And end of season Welbz bungle compilation will leave you unable to breathe.

And Suarez would do the same for you, only you wouldn't have the nagging feeling in the back of your mind saying 'yes its funny, but the bastards still won the title while we floundered in midtable' :p

Kyoufu

You have Arsenal next. Not really expecting you to win that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127442/Mario-Balotelli-faces-game-ban.html

That can't be right. Surely the FA are going to charge Balotelli for that tackle on Song? Why are they still deciding, it's a clear cut case from what I can see. He needs to be charged and deserves a 9 game ban. He could have done serious damage to the players career.

They should just deport him.

Salazar

Balotelli's agent, Mino Raiola, insisted the player wants to stay at the Etihad Stadium, saying: 'Mancini said he will be sold? I'm going to speak directly with Roberto and with the club, but I don't think they will really do it.'

You're a prick, Mino. It pains me that Le Pog is associated with this cunt.

Prandelli is a mentalist if he picks Balotelli for Euro games.

Carbonox

Ben Arfa sure knows how to make running in a straight line look good.

I want to know what the Bolton defenders were thinking. Their defenders were idiotic and pussied out completely. Knowing full well what this player is capable of, take one for the team and clatter him, otherwise there'll be a goal. Don't back off until you probably run in to your own goal without realising.

One of them had to take a chance but no, both did in a measly fashion, at the same time, without even getting near him so he could dart between the two.

Then again, I play sunday league where all bets are off so I would have flew in to Ben Arfa. :p Better to concede a free-kick than a goal.

Carbonox

I got stuck in triffic.

Do we still want Liverpool to beat Everton in the semi? I'm not so sure who to cheer for... leaning towards Everton :p

haha

Liverpool getting to the final is just an extra boost so Everton don't get a European spot. WE DON'T WANT EVERTON GETTING IN TO EUROPE. Remember this. :p

Kyoufu

Liverpool getting to the final is just an extra boost so Everton don't get a European spot. WE DON'T WANT EVERTON GETTING IN TO EUROPE. Remember this. :p

Hmmmm

I dunno man.

Every season I'm following the PL, Man United win the title and Newcastle get into CL.

I think I'll cheer for Everton :p

Have any of Newcastle's signings in the last year been even slightly disappointing.

Spurs have an easier run-in, would like Newcastle to come 4th though

dc89

Ruh roh.

Ballotelli, Tevez, De Jong, K Toure and Dzeko will head a major clear out by Mancini if he keeps his job. Robin Van Persie tops Mancini's hit list but Eden Hazard and Napoli duo Edison Cavani and Ezequiel Levezzi are wanted by him.

Daily Express.

Carbonox

Marveaux.

ibjiK0kJF18OuF.jpg

Marveaux's actually been decent in the games he played but yes, he lived up to his injury-prone tag so disappointment, he has been. :( He will get a fair bit of time next season as well if we get in to Europe so he could be a ticking time bomb.

9 games, 3 assists in total this season. Had hip surgery and won't be back until the Summer. :\ He's much better than Obertan and we're lacking in that department due to Obertan's shittiness.

Kyoufu

Ruh roh.

Ballotelli, Tevez, De Jong, K Toure and Dzeko will head a major clear out by Mancini if he keeps his job. Robin Van Persie tops Mancini's hit list but Eden Hazard and Napoli duo Edison Cavani and Ezequiel Levezzi are wanted by him.

Daily Express.

Leave Napoli alone :(

Arnie

Ruh roh.

Daily Express.

Fuck me if City get half of those targets.

Really happy for Newcastle, hope they get fourth but I also think it'd be harsh on Spurs if they don't. They really have crumbled almost inexplicably, with Capello's exit the only potential catalyst.

kharma45

Fuck me if City get half of those targets.

Really happy for Newcastle, hope they get fourth but I also think it'd be harsh on Spurs if they don't. They really have crumbled almost inexplicably, with Capello's exit the only potential catalyst.

I could see them all bar RvP, I'd imagine he'd stay if Arsenal get 3rd.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Can't see any other reason for Spurs' implosion than the England distraction.

Lennon and VDV injured, King nowhere near fit, lack of rotation throughout the season, stupid 442s from Harry when it never, ever works for us. I don't know if it's England, we had the same meltdown this time last season. I just don't think Harry's approach is serious enough for a top team. When asked about the top 4 race he said we were 'laid back' about it. That's unacceptable. He just doesn't know how to get these guys scrapping for every point. We made 5 changes from Saturday but still looked dead on our feet. He is too nonchalant and it rubs off on the players.

Arnie

I could see them all bar RvP, I'd imagine he'd stay if Arsenal get 3rd.

Aye, can't imagine RVP quitting with the way Arsenal have finished their season. They've already secured Podolski (apparently) and I'd imagine he won't be the only signing they make.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
FC Twente want $43 Million for De Jong. No way I am paying that much for him. That is my entire transfer budget as Swansea. I offered $22 mil. I don't think he'll go for that much if he gets sold during the summer in real life.

Ben Arfas goal against us was quality and his one today was good but being massively over rated, running a long way past shocking attempts at defending can make things look better than they are though. Like Michael owens against Argentina which is for me one of the most over rated goals of all time (up there with di canios volley), compare it to a maradonna run say the one v England with close control and the lot and it pails in comparison, neither were as good as dalian atkinsons anyway.

Anyway now for a sad state of affairs, Rovers play at home tomorrow against a pretty rank average team, I have a season ticket like always altough I'm thinking I may not bother going :(

Only tempted to go give Kenny a cheer and remind him of happier times

Kyoufu

Ben Arfas goal against us was quality and his one today was good but being massively over rated, running a long way past shocking attempts at defending can make things look better than they are though. Like Michael owens against Argentina which is for me one of the most over rated goals of all time (up there with di canios volley), compare it to a maradonna run say the one v England with close control and the lot and it pails in comparison, neither were as good as dalian atkinsons anyway.

It's not his fault the defenders ran away screaming :(

Anyway now for a sad state of affairs, Rovers play at home tomorrow against a pretty rank average team, I have a season ticket like always altough I'm thinking I may not bother going :(

Only tempted to go give Kenny a cheer and remind him of happier times

Someone else finds Di Canio's volley overrated? By the Gods of Olympus...

Seriously though, its an easy volley technique. Not an easy goal by any stretch, but far from the unimpressionable genius its made out to be

Salazar

In a season in which Suárez was banned by the FA for eight games for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra, Dalglish does not yet think there is a conspiracy against Liverpool. But he is concerned others may think this. "It would be helpful and more transparent if they told us, if they explained the decisions to us, or even just held their hands up and say, 'sorry I got that wrong', and we can see they have integrity. But they never say anything. We don't get everything right, do we? So it is understandable they don't either. But a wee bit of respect towards us would help the situation immensely. Otherwise, people might think there is a conspiracy.

lol, you mealy-mouthed knob. Just SAY IT. It's ball-crushingly embarrassing when you try to just imply it.

It's not good enough to use the numpty army on RAWK as a proxy.

Mikeside

GAF, I'm only just starting to get into football (other than EA FIFA games...)

Have decided I quite like what I've seen of Southampton and they're close enough I can drive to matches (plus I've been playing them on FIFA for the past few weeks) - is this a legitimate way to choose a team to support?

Lennon and VDV injured, King nowhere near fit, lack of rotation throughout the season, stupid 442s from Harry when it never, ever works for us. I don't know if it's England, we had the same meltdown this time last season. I just don't think Harry's approach is serious enough for a top team. When asked about the top 4 race he said we were 'laid back' about it. That's unacceptable. He just doesn't know how to get these guys scrapping for every point. We made 5 changes from Saturday but still looked dead on our feet. He is too nonchalant and it rubs off on the players.

It worries me when he says things like,

"I felt that we would go 4-4-2 today and on paper it looks a real exciting, attacking team. But to be fair, I felt we looked too open in midfield."

Yes, because we went 4-4-2

"People keep going on about playing 4-4-2

No they don't.

"But it's alright if you play a tight 4-4-2 and you get back tight when people lose the ball. When we play a 4-4-2, we are really open because we have people that want to play and go forward, and I think it was a problem for us today."

Don't play 4-4-2 then you fucking idiot. We would have been more dangerous with only 1 up top because then we would have had more control of the ball, created more, and not been under as much pressure as we were. Defoe did nothing apart from his goal, Saha did nothing, Adebayor created one chance when he came on. And it was because we didn't have enough of the ball in the middle to get it into them in dangerous positions.

Kyoufu

GAF, I'm only just starting to get into football (other than EA FIFA games...)

Have decided I quite like what I've seen of Southampton and they're close enough I can drive to matches (plus I've been playing them on FIFA for the past few weeks) - is this a legitimate way to choose a team to support?

Yup. They're getting promoted too so have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom