• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

For dinner we had the leftover potatoes and sprouts from Easter Sunday. I mashed them together and fried them on the pan.

Food of the Gods.

Fuck yo cold pizza.

AqEqGrSCAAE5PFT.jpg

expectations will be back where they belong soon

ibbfXgrk2Ujx0E.gif

Lightning

Banned
Well, it's been a great day for results today. Now we just need to beat Wolves Wednesday night, win our match against Chelsea and we're pretty much guaranteed a top 4 spot. I can't believe we may get away with this shit bag of a year and not lose our champions league spot. Arsene Wenger has gotten a away with one here but pleade correct the issue for next season.

Stubo

How do you guys feel about cold pizza? As in letting it cool off and then eating it the next morning?

I love to do this (I dont get to do it anymore with my weight :( ) but a "Friend" of mine is horrified by the idea of it.

I venture that it may even be nicer than hot pizza.
I prefer to eat leftover pizza straight from the fridge, no reheating. It's not nicer than when it's hot, but it's better cold than when it's reheated.

Note: I do often choose to leave the crust since it can become rock solid :p

GorillaJu

With the exception of Wolves and Blackburn, pretty much every team has given rough games this year. It's been very exciting since every weekend can bring an interesting result. Even Bolton and Wigan have stepped up their level, and the top teams can't simply expect an easy fixture anymore, period. It's been especially delightful having Norwich and Swansea around.

Looking forward to Swansea in Fifa 13. Should be a cracking 4-star team.

Salazar

Cold pizza is sensational.

I always order more than I'm gonna eat, so there is some for the fridge. Rawr.

Alan Davies went overboard and should have realised how mentioning Hillsborough in the middle of a deep piss-take about scousers would go over. I think it's hilarious that the articles (and David James) have tried to make him calling Spurs fans vermin and Olly Holt an alcoholic into serious transgressions though.

rodvik

If Carroll cost £5 million everyone would be happy to sell him to a team like Norwich, or Aston Villa. Ask yourself the question, is Carroll any better than David N'Gog? Because I'd wager that we saw as much from N'Gog as we have from Carroll, and everyone was happy to sell N'Gog to Bolton.

How about Aston Villa and Liverpool call a truce to this offloading each others overpaid crap on each other? It has not worked out well for either of us. :)

Btw if I was a Liverpool fan I would remain behind Kenny. The man is a legend there and rightfully so. I also think he has had Liverpool playing some good stuff at times this season (notably the defence speaks for itself) His whining annoys me thpugh. We have lost a lot of points to crappy ref decisions this season as well and could get relegated because of it, but you dont see us whining about it every week. Kenny would do better to rise above it.

Also cold Pizza is disgusting.

Salazar

Thomas Vermaelen has pointed to flashes of form and quality demonstrated by Arsenal this season as evidence that talk of a title challenge next term is far from outlandish.

lmao he's starting so early.

The flashes of form he is speaking of was found only in one man who still has yet to sign an extension to a contract that ends in 12 months. God, I'm always moaning about something here

Also, only pizza baked right tastes good in the morning

Sloosha

Harry would do well to coach more and talk less.

I honestly couldn't pick a best 11. It seems like the same starting line-up never works two games in a row.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I think our club has so many players of different styles that it's hardto put together a team that think and operate as one.

What 11 do you have in mind yourself? I'll think on it and get back to you.

Yeah, there's a real lack of cohesion/ chemistry that's apparent within this team. I think it's down to the midfield having very little balance. We have plently box-to-box type direct midfielders but very few who can pass well. The creative burden is unfairly placed solely on Mata's shoulders, so when he doesn't start (Like today) our attacking play is nearly non existent. The lack of decent wingers is also a limitation, which we should fix in the summer - Ramires should never play on the wings again.

I wonder where Romeu has gone. He's perhaps not as solid as Mikel, but he's certainly a much better passer.

Salazar

Clegg u wouldn't last in the jungle. Cold pizza bros would have to carry you.

Expecting a Super Tom start and Nani to feature against Wigan. Tony V needs that rest. Not that he'd show it, but it seems really goddamn sensible to cool him off a bit.

This is probably dreamland, though, and we'll get Giggs. Which seems daft, and not just because I am transparently devoted to ClevGod.

Liverpool are in a seriously difficult position with Daglish. I think it's clear that his status at the club makes it very complex, you'd expect a lesser cherished man would be out the door in the summer.

IMO Daglish has been poor this season. His signings were not good but that can happen. What's been most alarming is that he hasn't adapted his tactics or style when needed and been very stubborn in some instances (Henderson RM for example). Liverpool will be looking to spend £50m net again I would imagine, it's difficult to give that money to Daglish and trust him fully when his plan until now has IMO had more problems than signs of promise.

I'd be inclined to give him another year though because I think he man manages well which I think is massively important. He has club united and everybody seems to be pulling in the right direction, he's able to command that respect just because of who he is; that can be so hard to create otherwise.This is the problem when you have such a sentimental character at the helm of a football club though. It blurs the lines. Also why I don't think Benitez going back to Liverpool would be good, that tale is so conflicted that if things didn't get off to a good start I can see that going all wrong too.

Said it before, Liverpool need a totally fresh start. New stadium, new players new management.

PowderedToast

looking forward to watching l'pool have 587583 corners and 387475 shots on target and still lose at blackburn tomorrow. we desperately need a forward who can finish for next season.

Salazar

I assume you like cold pizza, then.

Sam Wallace ‏ @SamWallaceIndy
I'm told Stevenage fans sang 'We knew your team last night' to Graham Westley during PNE game today

lol

Craig Norwood ‏ @CraigNorwood
Amazing that Wayne Rooney has not received a booking this season, a 93% tackle success rate & 22 goals in 25 Premier League starts

Solid, that.

GorillaJu

Liverpool are in a seriously difficult position with Daglish. I think it's clear that his status at the club makes it very complex, you'd expect a lesser cherished man would be out the door in the summer.

IMO Daglish has been poor this season. His signings were not good but that can happen. What's been most alarming is that he hasn't adapted his tactics or style when needed and been very stubborn in some instances (Henderson RM for example). Liverpool will be looking to spend £50m net again I would imagine, it's difficult to give that money to Daglish and trust him fully when his plan until now has IMO had more problems than signs of promise.

I'd be inclined to give him another year though because I think he man manages well which I think is massively important. He has club united and everybody seems to be pulling in the right direction, he's able to command that respect just because of who he is; that can be so hard to create otherwise.This is the problem when you have such a sentimental character at the helm of a football club though. It blurs the lines. Also why I don't think Benitez going back to Liverpool would be good, that tale is so conflicted that if things didn't get off to a good start I can see that going all wrong too.

Said it before, Liverpool need a totally fresh start. New stadium, new players new management.

I can't disagree with this – especially that the situation is complex and a bit delicate. I'm glad it's not me making the calls.

(Henderson at RM has always baffled me. I've come to the conclusion that the coaches see something that I just clearly do not. Then again, the same thing happened to Raul Meireles last season)

sixghost

YES. THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS IN THE WORLD.

Also, do not sell Carroll to Aston Villa. We still have standards. Or aspire to.

Carroll would still do very well if he was sold to a team that plays the style he needs his team to play. He can still be a 13+ goal a season player if he moves to a team that plays direct and crosses the ball well. It's a shame he's at Liverpool because Moyes would probably gnaw someones arm off to get Carroll if the fee and wages were right.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
How do you guys feel about cold pizza? As in letting it cool off and then eating it the next morning?

I love to do this (I dont get to do it anymore with my weight :( ) but a "Friend" of mine is horrified by the idea of it.

What in the hell is wrong with you?

Lightning

Banned
The flashes of form he is speaking of was found only in one man who still has yet to sign an extension to a contract that ends in 12 months. God, I'm always moaning about something here

Also, only pizza baked right tastes good in the morning
Come on man. Be a bit more positive than that. Van Persie is not the only player playing well for us. We've only conceeded 8 goals in our last 10 PL games.

Besides, do you not think Van Persie will sign a new contract?

vall03

Come on man. Be a bit more positive than that. Van Persie is not the only player playing well for us. We've only conceeded 8 goals in our last 10 PL games.

Besides, do you not think Van Persie will sign a new contract?

I really hope RvP gets a goal against Wolves, how many games has it been since he last scored? :(

elsk

Banned
Cold pizza? Like eating pizza right off the freezer? Ewwww.
I do save some pizza in the freezer but then I re-heat it in the oven and it gets hot/crunchy :)

Polari

His signings were not good but that can happen.

"That can happen"? When you're talking about such a big outlay there's got to be some accountability. Dalglish paid massively over the odds for inexperienced English players. 35 million for Carroll for madness and 20 million each for Downing and Henderson was just as stupid. If the Liverpool board don't sack him their fans better get used to mid-table mediocrity.

An Italian newspaper (lol) is saying that Seedorf could go to Juventus this summer. That could be the best news ever. If that happens, I just hope he goes on playing like he did the last 3-4 years with us. But when you think about Conte and the way he wants his team to play, running and everything, it's clear that it's a completely invented news.

And cold pizza sucks, by the way. Pizza right out of the oven is perfect, cold is not even close, imo.

dschalter

An Italian newspaper (lol) is saying that Seedorf could go to Juventus this summer. That could be the best news ever. If that happens, I just hope he goes on playing like he did the last 3-4 years with us. But when you think about Conte and the way he wants his team to play, running and everything, it's clear that it's a completely invented news.

And cold pizza sucks, by the way. Pizza right out of the oven is perfect, cold is not even close, imo.

if that happens i predict that seedorf will sit on the bench and then have his scheduled 2-3 amazing games a year when he briefly makes people forget how lazy and mediocre he is and he'll do it against us.

dc89

I like cold pizza!! I also like cold cheesy garlic bread. Hmm, delish.

dschalter

i'm personally a big fan of foods being very hot in the literal sense (though also in the sense of spiciness), so i can't stand cold pizza or certain kinds of cold food. it's not uncommon for me to microwave food midway through a meal because i think it's gotten too cold.

this doesn't apply to foods that are actually meant to be eaten cold of course.

GorillaJu

"That can happen"? When you're talking about such a big outlay there's got to be some accountability. Dalglish paid massively over the odds for inexperienced English players. 35 million for Carroll for madness and 20 million each for Downing and Henderson was just as stupid. If the Liverpool board don't sack him their fans better get used to mid-table mediocrity.

35m for Carroll was ridiculous, but Henderson was 13m-16m depending on who you ask, and Downing was 18m, not 20m. Of all those, Downing seems to be the most overpriced because of his age. Henderson is the England U21 captain and has bags of talent and potential, and Carroll is young and raw but was being chased by a lot of clubs, not just Liverpool.

Wilbur

Banned

Cold pizza is infinitely better than hot pizza. Breakfast pizza fuck me, it's probably the only time I can maintain an erection without looking at Valencia

Messi

What in the hell is wrong with you?

Fuck guys, I have drawn the attention of the gods. You should try it some time. It is amazing. I wish I could have some right now. That and a can of coke, just one*

*Has not had any coca cola in 3 years as I was woefully addicted to it.

GorillaJu

Fuck guys, I have drawn the attention of the gods. You should try it some time. It is amazing. I wish I could have some right now. That and a can of coke, just one*

*Has not had any coca cola in 3 years as I was woefully addicted to it.

Even if I wanted to partake in this heavenly meal, I wouldn't be able to as 1) good pizza is expensive as fuck in Japan and 2) I also stopped drinking coke. Shit is poison!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom