• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn. everything pretty much went according to plan. solid defense, tried to get a few chances. we just didn't score those chances. :( still a pretty good result though, considering no van bommel or thiago silva. also wtf robinho is terrible, maybe we should start el-sha or even maxi lopez next game, at least he can hold the ball up and has good work rate.

hopefully we recover some more players for the second leg. cya in barcelona

rodvik

If they score and draw they are through.

Oh for sure. But you know, scoring at the camp nou is a lot harder than at home imho.

Anyway should be an interesting second leg.

edit 2. I am back on firmer footing. Accurately noting it is harder to score at the camp nou. but FootyGaf still smells a rat and rightfully so.

Yazan

Milan has done a good job but they have effectively surrendered progressing. Winning at the camp nou is much harder than at home.

We went into the game without Abate, Silva, Pato, etc and players just returning from injuries (Boateng, Aquilani, Robinho).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Play a Serie A side, dominate possession, create chances, but can't score.

Sounds awfully familiar
zD3Qq.gif
zD3Qq.gif

ok seriously. antonini and bonera were fucking amazing today against the best team in the world . . . who saw that one coming?

---antonini--bonera---mexes---mesbah---

LOL dat defense.

rodvik

We went into the game without Abate, Silva, Pato, etc and players just returning from injuries (Boateng, Aquilani, Robinho).

No question its a decent result for you. I am just thinking back, how many games have away teams won at the camp nou over the past year?

edit 3. Right back into it. insisting Milan need a win when all they need is an away goal draw.

We actually defended pretty good, even without Thiago Silva. 0-0 is a great result for our formation, the Camp Nou match is going to be the thoughest in a long time. The entire defence was incredible tonight, I've never seen Antonini and Bonera play like this, Nesta was amazing. Ibra did a few things, but this isn't enough.

Just to clarify some things that I've read in this thread during the match: Nocerino has been through a great year, his performance from tonight isn't even close to his usual one. He should play on the left side, but, since Seedorf decides for himself where he should play, Noce was forced to be on the other side.

And Robinho was back from a 20 day injury, it's pretty normal that he wasn't as brillant as he should be. Of course, he should've scored at the beginning, that's for sure, but I can't say anything else about his performance tonight.

Mesbah showed once again that he shouldn't play with us. Right after he got in the field he almost gave Barça a penalty. Get back to Lecce, or anywhere else, please.

/rant
Will any of Bommel, Thiago, Abate or Pato be back till the return?

Van Bommel for sure, maybe Abate. Pato and Thiago are still injured

vam bommel was out with a card, so he'll be back (unless he gets injured).

bommel is injured too though, he wasn't in the squad against roma iirc. but he should still recover shortly i think.

and ambro was getting called for a foul every time he took the ball . . . and he got a yellow for a foul someone else did because xavi asked the ref for it . . . lol

rodvik

They don't need to win.

Masterful wind up? :)

But obviously yes they need to win in barcelona to progress. Either open play or penalties.

(edit4: I dont understand the rules of football, happily we are a community and mutually supportive, I show myself to be an idiot who simply will not read facts presented to him)

Slizz

Masterful wind up? :)

But obviously yes they need to win in barcelona to progress. Either open play or penalties.

Honestly, like are you blind? It's been discussed in multiple previous posts that all Milan need is a 1-1 draw and they advance....

rodvik

Honestly, like are you blind? It's been discussed in multiple previous posts that all Milan need is a 1-1 draw and they advance....

Ah yes. Thats true. Sorry I had in my mind a 0-0 draw. I am an idiot. carry on.

edit 5. The lightbulb comes on and my idiocy is realised.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
67% - % of teams who have progressed to next round after a 0-0 draw away from home in the 1st leg of a KO game in the European Cup. Odds

4 - For the first time ever, all four teams playing at home have failed to score in the 1st leg of the QFs of the European Cup. Gatecrashed

Lunchbox

Banned
i thought milan were gonna get slapped 4/5 with the amount of people they were missing

returning players better step up. and the fans need to bring knives instead of dumb lasers. 11 for barca and 1 for ibrahimovic

bjaelke

4 - For the first time ever, all four teams playing at home have failed to score in the 1st leg of the QFs of the European Cup. Gatecrashed

The last time Barça did not score in a CL match was on 4 Nov 2009. In Russia they did not score against Rubin Kazan (0-0).

FootballFan

ok seriously. antonini and bonera were fucking amazing today against the best team in the world . . . who saw that one coming?

---antonini--bonera---mexes---mesbah---

LOL dat defense.

Yeah congrats :)
Defended well but my god was that game boring. Too much slipping, bad finishing from both teams and just moments of "does anyone here care?"

Iniesta is useless playing left-wing. Midfield, or don't play him Pep.

Anyways on to the next game, hopefully the pitch in the Nou Camp is in good condition and these players bring their shooting boots.

edit
untitled-11bk9r.gif

Already had a yellow at this point, could easily have been a second yellow.

True and that was definitely a penalty on Sanchez. BUT complaining about referee calls is (imo) useless and boring. Nobody ever gets convinced of anything(what's the bet somebody quotes me and says Sanchez incident wasn't a penalty) lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom