• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still a high boot though, ball or not.

agreed that it's a foul, i'm just saying it would have been a really harsh yellow considering he did get the ball.

also as i mentioned before i think the first yellow to ambro was a mistake, he didn't commit that foul. unless it was for kicking the ball away or something he said.

Fry

You don't think he planned to get a yellow? mwhahah

MR5Fr.jpg

Slizz

agreed that it's a foul, i'm just saying it would have been a really harsh yellow considering he did get the ball.

also as i mentioned before i think the first yellow to ambro was a mistake, he didn't commit that foul. unless it was for kicking the ball away or something he said.

Yeah, I didn't really get what happened there.

He got a yellow for kicking the ball away.

Gambit

Honestly, IF he (Schweinsteiger) planned it, it was masterpiece theatre. I would never have imagined him even getting a card for that. It really was nothing.

Having said that, I am glad it happened. Now please don't let Müller play next week.

Gambit

What happened?

Got a yellow so he wouldn't miss the next series?

Yes. If Bayern progress, he will be allowed to play Real. And he is desperately needed.

Also, does anyone have a gif of Messi slipping and falling after that freekick. (I only saw it briefly before the commercial)

bjaelke

What happened?

Got a yellow so he wouldn't miss the next series?

By picking up the yellow he's out for the next game, but will be back again for the semifinal. This way he doesn't get punished for the accumulated yellow cards later and misses out on a more important match.

FootballFan

It was for kicking it away :)

LOL City have banned Dan Roan (BBC Reporter) because Vieira feels he was misrepresented by him in saying he thinks United get all the calls.

This is funny.

City no good at mind games.

P.S - I think "mind games" is a load of nonsense as far as effecting actual players/managers goes. Gets the media/fans excited though.

Messi

Barca fans are spoilt. Don't know how that was awful.

Both sides played, eh. But this comment was more in relation to the pitch being shitty.

Why did Keita stay on for the whole game? why not take off keita, move iniesta into his proper position and bring on Cesc?

immy

Banned
lol, Keegan has the mind of a child. Ludicrous to blame Ferguson.

Haha this is very true!

Both sides played, eh. But this comment was more in relation to the pitch being shitty.

Why did Keita stay on for the whole game? why not take off keita, move iniesta into his proper position and bring on Cesc?

Yeah I thought it was weird Cesc never came on

dc89

LOL City have banned Dan Roan (BBC Reporter) because Vieira feels he was misrepresented by him in saying he thinks United get all the calls.

This is funny.

City no good at mind games.

P.S - I think "mind games" is a load of nonsense as far as effecting actual players/managers goes. Gets the media/fans excited though.

At least we ban them in private :p

Never Forget

At least we ban them in private :p

Never Forget

Stop copying!

Seriously though, I'm guessing you've seen the statement? Dan Roan sounds like he was being a prick like most hacks but Vieira should have just declined to comment or something...he should have known better than to say anything basically.

I really dislike Dan Roan for some reason though, can't quite tell what it is about him but he's damn annoying.

FootballFan

Pretty sure everyone was wondering that. Move Iniesta into midfield, and take off Keita for Cesc or Tello.

dc89

Stop copying!

Seriously though, I'm guessing you've seen the statement? Dan Roan sounds like he was being a prick like most hacks but Vieira should have just declined to comment or something...he should have known better than to say anything basically.

I really dislike Dan Roan for some reason though, can't quite tell what it is about him but he's damn annoying.

Wait, I'm copying? When I click the links above I get a Kegan rant lol!

Yeah, he's done the BBC a dis-service here.

Kevin Boateng tv interview post-Barca game: "I told Kloppo (Klopp) that they are ought to win the league because they play the best football and I hope my brother ends up second"
So sad that we had to sell him back then :(

FootballFan

He'll play next week. Keita and Busquets was unusually defensive for Guardiola.

It was dumb too, instead of trying to get an away goal against a weakened Milan side he decided to use 3 defensive mids(though one was playing CB). Wasn't really the greatest choice from Pep but oh well.

Arnie

I want to dislike Dan Walker so much that I actually do.

I've met Dan Walker, he gave us a guest lecture, we then got him to record a little jingle for our footy podcast. Can't think of any specific information that might make you hate him, other than he's imposingly tall, although I am frighteningly short so that's definitely a distorted opinion. Oh, and he received a text whilst we were talking to him and on his phone it said 'Savage'. You could hate him by proxy.

Nice photo from the press box at Hillsborough. The food lady gave us some decent food which was pretty great. Although i brought my own Red Bulls. Hallam won one nil, and definitely deserved the win, which means Hallam won Varsity 32-31. Really close finish. I guess they're just good at Sport and we're just good at life.

OsgfKl.jpg

Wait, I'm copying? When I click the links above I get a Kegan rant lol!

Yeah, he's done the BBC a dis-service here.
I meant City stop copying United =P

I've met Dan Walker, he gave us a guest lecture, we then got him to record a little jingle for our footy podcast. Can't think of any specific information that might make you hate him, other than he's imposingly tall, although I am frighteningly short so that's definitely a distorted opinion. Oh, and he received a text whilst we were talking to him and on his phone it said 'Savage'. You could hate him by proxy.

Nice photo from the press box at Hillsborough. The food lady gave us some decent food which was pretty great. Although i brought my own Red Bulls. Hallam won one nil, and definitely deserved the win, which means Hallam won Varsity 32-31. Really close finish. I guess they're just good at Sport and we're just good at life.

OsgfKl.jpg
This is really cool. How'd you get the opportunity? Default since you're a journo student?

Arnie

This is really cool. How'd you get the opportunity? Default since you're a journo student?

I'm an editor at the Uni paper, so this stuff's open to us most weeks (we cover every United and Wednesday home game). I'm not the Sports Editor, but my best mate is, so if there's a particular game I fancy I just have to ask. I fancied this one, with Howard Webb and all (who missed a stonewall penalty in this match), and it being the Varsity final and decider.

I've only done a couple of Wednesday games this year, but I might ask for more next year. It's just I've got my own duties at the paper (which increase even further next year) and the matches usually clash with Liverpool, which I can't abide by.

Managed to get my match report out 5 minutes after the final whistle. Ended up crafting most of it during the game's lulls and just some little story points to put in at the end, taking into account the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom