• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
teveztrojan.jpg

As funny at that might be, it points again to how smart Sir Alex Ferguson is in managing players. Tevez didn't want to stay at United (for whatever reasons that might have been back then), so he just let him go.

Proven right in his decision making once again.

Messi

As funny at that might be, it points again to how smart Sir Alex Ferguson is in managing players. Tevez didn't want to stay at United (for whatever reasons that might have been back then), so he just let him go.

114840999.jpg

Let not pretend like he never gets it wrong.

With the exception of Wolves and Blackburn, pretty much every team has given rough games this year. It's been very exciting since every weekend can bring an interesting result. Even Bolton and Wigan have stepped up their level, and the top teams can't simply expect an easy fixture anymore, period. It's been especially delightful having Norwich and Swansea around.

Looking forward to Swansea in Fifa 13. Should be a cracking 4-star team.

How have Bolton and Wigan stepped it up? Just because they both beat your lot? If they had stepped it up they wouldn't be still struggling in one of the weakest seasons in years.

We bossed united at old Trafford and beat Arsenal at home in the midst of our shite.

For me the 5 bottom teams all deserve to go down, our relegation chances will be solidified tonight.

Carroll to score 2, Scott Dann is the perfect defender for him to play against

Zabojnik

An Italian newspaper (lol) is saying that Seedorf could go to Juventus this summer. That could be the best news ever. If that happens, I just hope he goes on playing like he did the last 3-4 years with us. But when you think about Conte and the way he wants his team to play, running and everything, it's clear that it's a completely invented news.

Well, this is clearly bullshit and I hope the same is true for Nesta. Pirlo's been talking to him, apparently. A few years back? Sure. Today? Hell no.

What are your predictions for tonight's match against Chievo, MilanGAF?

Well, this is clearly bullshit and I hope the same is true for Nesta. Pirlo's been talking to him, apparently. A few years back? Sure. Today? Hell no.

What are your predictions for tonight's match against Chievo, MilanGAF?
I honestly don't know. We may start with De Sciglio as RB and Zambrotta as LB, the midifield is a complete mess with Muntari instead of Van Bommel and we may see once again Emanuelson as CAM. We can win 0-5 or lose 5-0 or draw 5-5, everything can happen, especially after saturday's match.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Sk7t1ejV8Gbq7hvZR90XLQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptussowexperts/114840999.jpg

Let not pretend like he never gets it wrong.
I would change my user name to Chicharito if I hadn't been using this one since I was thirteen.

Yen

Burn him at the stake!

Or something like that, I think his point is entirely fair if that's what he has said but I haven't listened to it. The problem is people are jumped upon so quickly for anything regarding Hillborough which is why I tend to keep quiet on it.

What he said was "that shit gets on my tits." Classy. Any other team that suffered a disaster is allowed to ask for a postponement. Liverpool aren't getting special treatment.
Edit: dp

How have Bolton and Wigan stepped it up? Just because they both beat your lot? If they had stepped it up they wouldn't be still struggling in one of the weakest seasons in years.

We bossed united at old Trafford and beat Arsenal at home in the midst of our shite.

For me the 5 bottom teams all deserve to go down, our relegation chances will be solidified tonight.

Carroll to score 2, Scott Dann is the perfect defender for him to play against
That didn't happen.

Hixx

£40 for tickets at Villa! Mental. I don't get to many away games these days but if it continues like this I won't get to any at all in the future.

dc89

It's not fair. Pele has one message on his twitter and now has like 120k followers. Where as dc, everyone's favourite City fan has over 3.4k tweets and only 140 followers.

ElyrionX

Uhh, I think it was more of Tevez wanting to go and Ferguson being left with no choice but to let him go. This isn't a good example of Ferguson's player management skills.

I think a better example would be how he managed to convince CR7 to stay for one more season and give his all for the club despite knowing that he would be leaving at the end of it.

Oh man, should have stayed home today... That damn wine was almost as good as the match. This is turning out to be a great week, a win against Benfica yesterday and Football Manager is getting released for Android tomorrow.

Uhh, I think it was more of Tevez wanting to go and Ferguson being left with no choice but to let him go. This isn't a good example of Ferguson's player management skills.

I think a better example would be how he managed to convince CR7 to stay for one more season and give his all for the club despite knowing that he would be leaving at the end of it.

True. His CR7 situation handling was superb. Just like how he handled Rooney too.

Rest assured though, that if he thought he could get something out of keeping Carlos for one more season, he would have done so.

Stimpy

True. His CR7 situation handling was superb. Just like how he handled Rooney too.

Rest assured though, that if he thought he could get something out of keeping Carlos for one more season, he would have done so.

I assume by his handling of Rooney you mean when he wanted to leave unless he got a huge pay rise which they then gave him, Ferguson is a great manager but I'm not sure how that can be used as an example of great management skills.

Wilbur

Banned
I assume by his handling of Rooney you mean when he wanted to leave unless he got a huge pay rise which they then gave him, Ferguson is a great manager but I'm not sure how that can be used as an example of great management skills.

I think the press conference was an absolute masterclass in handling the situation. Coming out and placing the blame completely on Rooney and his agent, his demeanour, the tone, everything about it was perfectly played.

I think as incredible as Rooney is I wouldn't have minded if he had gone. I think it's more his agent's fault than his, but the club will always be bigger. I'm glad he didn't though, he's been great this season. 29 now is it?

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit Alex McLeish gets paid more than Allegri and del Bosque hahaha

Surprised Maradona is being paid less than some of the others as well

Zabojnik

I honestly don't know. We may start with De Sciglio as RB and Zambrotta as LB, the midifield is a complete mess with Muntari instead of Van Bommel and we may see once again Emanuelson as CAM. We can win 0-5 or lose 5-0 or draw 5-5, everything can happen, especially after saturday's match.

I dunno, you guys usually trash Chievo. I still remember Pellissier scoring a hattrick against us, only to miss two 100% chances against Milan in the following match. And Paloschi, who's on loan, is clearly your agent. :p I'm calling it: 0-3, Ibra, Ibra, Robinho.

Wilbur

Banned
how the heck does Mourinho get more then Pep

seriously

Mourinho is a very good manager but barcelona kills it :|

I'd say Mourinho is a better manager due to his whole career. Pep is fantastic, he really is but he struck lucky with this Barca team

how the heck does Mourinho get more then Pep

seriously

Mourinho is a very good manager but barcelona kills it :|

Because he is the most wanted manager in the world. Mourinho won the league in Portugal, England and Italy, the Champions League with Porto and Inter (he beat a much better Barcelona side on the semi-finals) and the UEFA Cup with Porto.
Yes, Pep is a great manager but he is working with a team that has been playing together for almost a decade on the same tactical system. I highly doubt that Pep will ever achieve the kind of sucess he is getting with Barcelona on any other club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom