• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloosha

Where are we?

bOWSE.jpg

FootballFan

WHAT THE HELL>?!

Are we that special we get our own little area or are we not wanted that much that we get put into the basement of the basement(sub forum...of Community section..) of the house(neogaf).

It already felt weird but I will get used to this, got used to being in community anyways.

edit
Also now this thread title isn't even accurate lol. We have been relegated again, we are now in the Social Sunday league.

pappe

Do Milan fans really think they can nick a win or draw at Camp Nou, when they were utterly demolished by Arsenal at emirates. ARSENAL!!!!

FootballFan

Do Milan fans really think they can nick a win or draw at Camp Nou, when they were utterly demolished by Arsenal at emirates. ARSENAL!!!!

ARSENAL ARSENAL ARSENAL (only thing you hear at the Emirates lol)

btw BigJonsson asked this in the other thread and I think he is right isn't he?

how do these threads get to stay in the OT?

anime thread - 44 pages
manga thread 80+
windows phone 7
uk gaf
android
iphone web app
wrestling
galaxy nexus
gaf hop
south park
legend of korra
lotto pool
march madness
comics
draw something
game of thrones
hunger games
f1
pics that make you laugh
electronic music

Those are just from the first page, how are those threads different from the MAJOR sports league threads?

He makes a valid point so I am guessing those threads will all be moving here too right? I don't mind really just wondering.

FootballFan

Well this is shit.

I think EviLore is fixing it, dw guys!

I'm not really happy with the current arrangement in practice. Community is being retooled in two separate directions... from the gaming side, it's now in large part a section for older official threads, and from the off-topic side, it's serving a different purpose.

So I think we'll do separate community subforums, one for gaming, and one for off-topic. That way the off-topic communities are not so far removed and hidden from everything else.

Sec.

bjaelke

Four great games tonight - all at the same time:

Atletico Madrid ? - ? Hannover
AZ Alkmaar ? - ? Valencia
Schalke ? - ? Athletic Bilbao
Sporting Lisbon ? - ? Metalist Kharkiv

Kabouter

Like only having the 16 teams involved in the tournament available to play?

Called EA Sports UEFA Euro 2012, the download includes all 53 UEFA member national teams and the eight official stadiums of the tournament.

As well as allowing users to play out the tournament, it will also offer Expedition Mode, which allows for the building and management of a custom national squad.
Sounds good to me.

bjaelke

Custom National Squad? Isn't that what Germany and Portugal are already doing by handing out passports to everyone even remotely talented?

Gambit

Custom National Squad? Isn't that what Germany and Portugal are already doing by handing out passports to everyone even remotely talented?

How sick I am of this complaint. Özil, Khedira Boateng etc. are all BORN in Germany. The only one that was handed a passport is Cacau and that was done long before he was ever considered for the national team.

It's simply that Germany as a country has changed. Not everyone is now called Müller, Maier and Schmidt. I, for one, am glad we are getting a bit more diverse.

If anything countries like Turkey are poaching German players, or at least players that played for all the German youth teams and learned their trade in Germany. (Ekici, Sahin)

But never mind, keep repeating what the press is saying.

How sick I am of this complaint. Özil, Khedira Boateng etc. are all BORN in Germany. The only one that was handed a passport is Cacau and that was done long before he was ever considered for the national team.

It's simply that Germany as a country has changed. Not everyone is now called Müller, Maier and Schmidt. I, for one, am glad we are getting a bit more diverse.

If anything countries like Turkey are poaching German players, or at least players that played for all the German youth teams and learned their trade in Germany. (Ekici, Sahin)

But never mind, keep repeating what the press is saying.

I think it was just a light hearted joke, duder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom