• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair play Wigan, hope you stay up. I love Martinez, such a classy guy. I don't understand why they only start playing well in the last 10 games haha.

As for us, well I'm just going to have to get through 3 days of all the media writing reactionary articles like they did for City. Still think we'll win the title; we'll lose at Etihad but I don't think they'll win the rest of their games. Bit more of a climax now.

Delighted for Roma and Juve as well

vall03

Wolves - Arsenal FT 0 - 3

well played except for how shitty Ramsey is for the whole game、also Ox seriously needs more play time.

Charles

All over!

That was harder than it should've been...but we deserved the three points, we just need to be more cynical in front of goal, as usual.

Clegg

*Sigh*

I knew it was much too early to say the league was over.

We'll need to win both our home games now against tricky opposition.

I'm not very confidant after tonights performance.

Wigan played well and deserved their victory.

Tunic

Congrats to Wigan. I cannot watch anymore games now. Time to play Xenoblade to get my mind of this ridiculous game. Better see Scholes out there for Villa...

20120411-bp22khg7b54m2c44fh6erxx6c9.jpg

20120411-fwxpx1hrndm2q96yn6c6r29qb2.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
WHO'S GOING TO SAVE US NEXT SEASON DEL PIERO

WE WON SHAKE APPEAL

I THINK I"M HAVING A HEART ATTAVCK SORRY GUYS

kharma45

That was crap by United. I dunno where the title motivation went in this match. Good game by Wigan though.

Aye no one seemed to show any urgency out there, baffling. Just as baffling was the team selection and changes, even still, we should've been able to beat Wigan.

Poor, poor stuff.

Really happy for Wigan. When they get their heads down and play the right way they are a decent team, Martinez is a great manager as well. The system they use works really well. They deserve this result after the Chelsea debacle, United were shockingly bad.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really really like Martinez. Classy guy and almost never complains or have a rant. I know he had a rant last week but he had the right to do so in that occasion.

Also happy Juve won.

Wilbur

Banned
City will win every game but draw with Newcastle. We'll win every game but lose to City and draw to Sunderland. Should then end with us on 89 and City on 87

*Sigh*

I knew it was much too early to say the league was over.

We'll need to win both our home games now against tricky opposition.

I'm not very confidant after tonights performance.

Wigan played well and deserved their victory.
Momentum is massive in the run-in. We're still in a great position obv but City were dead after Sunday, we've given them a massive boost.

Giggs was saying today how nobody would take the lead for granted, it seemed like he did tonight. A shocking performance from him and what was worse is that Ferguson left him on. He won't explain that though, he'll just moan about the refs.

That was horrid. 2 home games now, we have to win both so we're 5 ahead going to the Etihad.

WJD

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really really Martinez. Classy guy and almost never complains or have a rant. I know he had a rant last week but he had the right to do so in that occasion.

Also happy Juve won.

Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with you on something!

Fergie walked into a tactical sucker-punch. Obviously wasn't expecting Wigan to come out and press like that. They got a well-deserved goal and shut up shop perfectly in the second half - more in line with what Fergie was probably expecting from the beginning. No other reason to start with Carrick-Giggs and go with Chicharito up front. Such a pity because the second half midfield and Welbeck up front would have been able to handle the pressure on the ball better. I'm sure he had his reasons, but Rooney off while Giggs stayed on pretty questionable.

As always, United have to do it the hard way.

Carbonox

United's next 5 games are tougher than City's. THE RACE HEATS UP.

Don't worry Man U, Newcastle will spank City at home to help you. After all we do like to gift titles to you.

I think I'm losing my love of football. It's not bitterness at tonight, I've been less and less enthused this season, I don't feel anything like the emotion I used to when we score or concede. I think not having any footy supporting friends here makes a difference. I might try stopping following it next season as I really shouldn't turn down social engagements to watch matches.

Wilbur

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really really Martinez. Classy guy and almost never complains or have a rant. I know he had a rant last week but he had the right to do so in that occasion.

Also happy Juve won.

He's a great manager, if they had a better defence that could play it out from the back they'd be better. He should have taken the Villa job

Bo-Locks

Fully deserved win for Wigan.

Both City and United were always going to drop unexpected points during the run-in. We should comfortably win the next two games (which are at home).

Using Giggs as a CM is OK for certain games, but away from home against a relegation-battling Wigan isn't one of them. having said that, quite literally everyone was poor.

dc89

Did we ever establish who runs the @kermitthedogGAF twitter? The real Kermit is on now, and so is Fake Kermit! It's confusing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom