• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madrid 1-0

untitled-22r2ljo.gif

Ronaldos signature dive shot right there. Amazing how he can make a fast ball drop so fast.

Clegg

5 points ahead with 5 games to go.

We have Villa, Everton and City next.

We really need to beat Villa and Everton.

And I'm not confidant of that right now.

Meier

United's remaining fixtures outside of City are all against easily beatable opponents.. only real chance for City is if Everton somehow pull a rabbit out of their hat and hold United to a draw and City then wins out. Obviously anything can happen (as we saw today) but on paper, it's still a HUGE hill to climb especially with away matches at Newcastle and Norwich.

Roll With It blasting. :)

Sappy113

5 points ahead with 5 games to go.

We have Villa, Everton and City next.

We really need to beat Villa and Everton.

And I'm not confidant of that right now.

Can't beat anyone if they play as shit as today. Really, in todays football, playing with such a profound lack of off the ball movement is just appalling. You just can't win consistently if you can't utilize the open spaces on the pitch. United players today have been positively hiding behind Wigan players.

Atrocious with such a crucial game. A win would've all but secured the title.

I'm guessing Fergie is going to fuck up a few players in the face in the next few days.

Red for Nazio's striker. Feels good, man.

Bonucci looks shit though. Must've taken a hell of a blow. Or, he's being sneaky. :D

Edit: Great job by Matri to find that ball and hold it in the corner. Attaboy!

Empty

well played wigan.

gonna go make myself a bowl of ice cream and sink into a book or something. horrible performance by united.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Really happy for Wigan. When they get their heads down and play the right way they are a decent team, Martinez is a great manager as well. The system they use works really well. They deserve this result after the Chelsea debacle, United were shockingly bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom