• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrikaWrek

Banned
51027540.jpg

Real Madrid needs to wake de fu up

He's a great manager, if they had a better defence that could play it out from the back they'd be better. He should have taken the Villa job

I agree, hopefully they stay up. Two or three good defenders and a creative midfielder and they would be in the top half of the table.

Zabojnik

Capitano deserves his kit taken out of circulation. He's all class, all skill!

Am I the only one who thinks this isn't such a great idea? The number 10 is legendary and it was legendary long before Del Piero took it. Sivori, Platini, Baggio, Zidane ... It should stay there for future players to be inspired by it and feel the weight of countless victories behind it. It's bigger than Del Piero, as corny and hollow that may sound.

I mean, if for anybody, then we should retire it for Del Piero. But I always felt such a move was more suited for teams like Napoli, where it's unlikely a new Maradona will appear anytime soon.

Carbonox

Real Madrid and Manchester United buckling under the pressure of Barcelona and Manchester City. Plus there will be big games between the two in the respective leagues that could decide the title...

Feorax

I can't think who I'd rather have between Cavani or Falcao.

Luckily the choice will be made for me.

Bent.

If either ever signed for us, I'd definitely get their name on the back of a shirt (something i've never done)

EDIT: Not Bent, just to be clear :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Am I the only one who thinks this isn't such a great idea? The number 10 is legendary and it was legendary long before Del Piero took it. Sivori, Platini, Baggio, Zidane ... It should stay there for future players to be inspired by it and feel the weight of countless victories behind it. It's bigger than Del Piero, as corny and hollow that may sound.

I mean, if for anybody, then we should retire it for Del Piero. But I always felt such a move was more suited for teams like Napoli, where it's unlikely a new Maradona will appear anytime soon.
Until he retires at least! All our transfer targets are not worthy of wearing it to be honest, and especially not Giovinco.

Dzeko/Cavani/Tall player can take Iaquinta's number if they want :p

We deserve this, we really really do, the lack of ambition, the stadium, the manager hunt after Mick Mcarthy was sacked, its thoroughly deserved

Messi

I remember a poster of him dressed up as superman. Pretty hilarious stuff. Was expecting you to pick a real club legend though, Per Per or Dan Anton. Some great moments has been had chanting Dan Anton, you're one of us.

You have the best jacket avatar.

What a fucking goal ronaldo :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom