• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
teams like sporting and granada have better chance of scratching a tie against madrid. this atletico team goes beaten to these games.

WrikaWrek

Banned
I wonder what its like for Ronaldo to know that he can score all these goals yet there is still a player in the same league better than him.

He must be fairly miffed.

Drives him to be better I'm sure. Competition is great for Ronaldo.

And only time will tell the full tale.

Salazar

L9znS.jpg

Juve kit bandwagon, officially jumped on.

rififi

Obviously happy with the points, but Madrid still makes the same defensive mistakes every week. Plus, 2 of the goals were outside the box, and another a penalty. Madrid can't rely on these types of goals to win La Liga, let alone the CL.
I doubt they will be able to fix their defensive mistakes by the end of this season, but based on the last two games, their offense is currently lacking control, which wasn't the case before.

The offense should be the easiest for them to fix with the players available, so I am hoping they can get their act together.

Garjon

Wait, that was what ruled out the Moses goal? Sorry, but if you're going to disallow that then you'd have to disallow half of Stoke's goals this season. Although they should have had a penalty, but Evans should have seen a second yellow. Six of one and all that.

Salazar

Wait, that was what ruled out the Moses goal? Sorry, but if you're going to disallow that then you'd have to disallow half of Stoke's goals this season. Although they should have had a penalty, but Evans should have seen a second yellow. Six of one and all that.

Shambles of a game in a lot of respects. Well done to Wigan, though. Can't stand them. Can't stand that twat Moses or Di Santo, or McCarthy. But hey.

Garjon

Shambles of a game in a lot of respects. Well done to Wigan, though. Can't stand them. Can't stand that twat Moses or Di Santo, or McCarthy. But hey.

I understand the others but what did Moses do?

Also, the giant 3D CGI scoreline in the Match of the Day studio just made me burst out laughing, how long has it been like that?

Razor554

Lol Patético. Different season, same story.

In best scenario we win clasico and then Bielsa's Bilbao put some Europa League like performance against them. There's nothing Bilbao would love more than to see RMA lose the liga trophy in San Mamés :).

rodvik

Man United you suck. You needed to beat Wigan. Now we have an even harder time avoiding relegation. Please lose to us over the weekend. You owe us one :)

elsk

Banned
Bhawhawh, I can feel the anger.

Actually I'm ok with what happened today. only thing that fucked it up is Robben missing the penalty, that could ruin his motivation-momentum.

Dortmund played very good, and Bayern too. But our players have been playing every 3 days, and our squad is the smallest one among the top teams... they're obviously tired. So I'm actually glad to be out of the Bundesliga race, I hope we rest some players now, and focus on the CL.

I want to face Dortmund when they're playing CL too.

Oh he mad. Reallllll mad.

Bayern looked very poor from what I saw tonight, bit disappointing..

Really? I think we played quite well. Gómez and Mueller were the only two with an awful display today.
The defense line and Neuer were amazing. Kroos had a good game. Gustavo great as always. Both RIbéry and Robben started to play good in the 2nd half...

Garjon

I DON'T EVEN COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND

Which makes it worse. I just get agitated watching him play, and don't like what I can grasp of his attitude.

Ah, it is often warranted. I remember hating Kieron Dyer for no reason whatsoever when he first arrived in the Prem. Right on the mark with that one.

Arnie

I DON'T EVEN COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND

Which makes it worse. I just get agitated watching him play, and don't like what I can grasp of his attitude.

I used to get that with Lucas Leiva.

Now I'm buying t-shirts like this:

25_Lucas-Leiva.jpg

Can't wait to see you in a MOSES t-shirt in three years time.

I've got MotD on record for when I finish this work. Can't wait.
I HATE YOU!
Actually I'm ok with what happened today. only thing that fucked it up is Robben missing the penalty, that could ruin his motivation-momentum.

Dortmund played very good, and Bayern too. But our players have been playing every 3 days, and our squad is the smallest one among the top teams... they're obviously tired. So I'm actually glad to be out of the Bundesliga race, I hope we rest some players now, and focus on the CL.

I want to face Dortmund when they're playing CL too.

Really? I think we played quite well. Gómez and Mueller were the only two with an awful display today.
The defense line and Neuer were amazing. Kroos had a good game. Gustavo great as always. Both RIbéry and Robben started to play good in the 2nd half...
Only saw the first half tbf. Defense was solid but little going forwards. Sounds like that changed in the 2nd half. Bayern will score goals against Madrid for sure, just depends how many...and how many they keep out. You'll need a lead going to Bernebeu IMO.

Clegg

I really should be studying my Economics stuff.

Exams start in 3 weeks and I' well behind in my revision.

Fucking football.

Salazar

I HATE ECONOMICS. I HATE FOOTBALL.

I'm quite fond of my research. It just makes it difficult when you get up at 4:30 am to watch us piss away vital points with a ludicrous selection, a work-rate that would disgrace a wind-down session at training, and a waste of about three or four legit chances.

WJD

I'm quite fond of my research. It just makes it difficult when you get up at 4:30 am to watch us piss away vital points with a ludicrous selection, a work-rate that would disgrace a wind-down session at training, and a waste of about three or four legit chances.

What do you actually research, Salazar? I know it's literature based I just don't know what kind of research would fall into that?

Kyoufu

Only way I see Man United losing the title is if City beat them in the El Scumico and then losing to Sunderland at the end of the season.

It's not over yet but I don't think City have much of a chance.

Anything can happen though.

Fuck off consumption functions.
Economics at school was so much better...and easier. I'm so glad I do read politics too (haha first time I've said "read *subject* since my personal statement) cos otherwise I'd be going insane.

What are you researching anti-Kermit?

elsk

Banned
Only saw the first half tbf. Defense was solid but little going forwards. Sounds like that changed in the 2nd half. Bayern will score goals against Madrid for sure, just depends how many...and how many they keep out. You'll need a lead going to Bernebeu IMO.

I think we're more likely to get into the CL final now, our squad is too small to realistically compete in both Bundesliga and CL.

We can make a good lead in the Allianz and after watching the match today I'm sure the defense can do their work in both legs.

Only way I see Man United losing the title is if City beat them in the El Scumico and then losing to Sunderland at the end of the season.

It's not over yet but I don't think City have much of a chance.

Anything can happen though.

Everton could be a tricky game for United aswell. Then again I think we'll be a tricky fixture for City!

I think we're more likely to get into the CL final now, our squad is too small to realistically compete in both Bundesliga and CL.

We can make a good lead in the Allianz and after watching the match today I'm sure the defense can do their work in both legs.
How come the Bayern squad is so small? Would expect it to be much bigger for a club which regularly competes in 2/3 tournaments.

Kyoufu

Everton could be a tricky game for United aswell. Then again I think we'll be a tricky fixture for City!

Yeah we won't give them an easy time, but we'll have to be playing our absolute best if we're going to win that one.

Of course, we could have an easier time against them if Man United win the title before then leaving them with nothing left to play for.

Anyway, let's hope we win all our games. Stoke, Wigan and Chelsea and Everton will be tough, but I firmly believe we can win all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom