• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

The Liverpool "leaks" are mock-ups made based on information from some guys in retail who've apparently seen the kit design. Apparently it's got a collar, and a Y-neck, like the current England kit. Oh, and it's red. It's supposed to be really nice looking, but the 3rd kit is supposed to be outlandish and embarrassing.

Soi-Fong

Seriously hopeFergiegives the whole team a talking to. Title is really Uniteds to lose. And shit, again we are so shitty without Scholes... Really need a good midfielder this summer.

Arnie

Our third kit this year was embarrassing so there's no change there then.

Unless the away is January Jones level of gorgeous I won't be buying it, primarily because I have a one kit per season rule and I prioritise the home shirt first. Saying that, I do that on the basis that our home shirts last two seasons, which I don't believe will happen with the next one, so who knows.

The Liverpool "leaks" are mock-ups made based on information from some guys in retail who've apparently seen the kit design. Apparently it's got a collar, and a Y-neck, like the current England kit. Oh, and it's red. It's supposed to be really nice looking, but the 3rd kit is supposed to be outlandish and embarrassing.
Well the mock-up looked nice I thought. Would like to see this third kit now.

Our third kit this year was embarrassing so there's no change there then.

Unless the away is January Jones level of gorgeous I won't be buying it, primarily because I have a one kit per season rule and I prioritise the home shirt first. Saying that, I do that on the basis that our home shirts last two seasons, which I don't believe will happen with the next one, so who knows.
I thought the grey away kit was one of the nicest kits around. The white one I think would have looked much better if they changed it a bit... In fact, I made a mock-up of it when it came out, adidas logo on the left rather than in the middle and the big stripes on the chest gone. Looked far better.

GorillaJu

The grey kit from this year is very nice but is a perfect example of what I don't like about Adidas kits. It's the exact same kit Bayern uses for home but in different colors. Adidas just makes one mold and uses it for any number of clubs with only the colors changing. No originality.

Arnie

First and third kits.

lfcwarriorhomekitmockup.jpg

3rdkit.jpg

You should look up the rumoured design for the 2012/2013 Newcastle kits. They are horrendous. The home one especially.
I remember thinking Newcastle's home kit this season looked terrible when it first came out. I have no idea why, because after getting used to it, I think it's one of the nicest in the EPL. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with it, so no idea why I didn't like it to begin with.

The grey kit from this year is very nice but is a perfect example of what I don't like about Adidas kits. It's the exact same kit Bayern uses for home but in different colors. Adidas just makes one mold and uses it for any number of clubs with only the colors changing. No originality.
They have a lot of kits to design though. Thi seasons Chelsea home kit was the same template as the Spain used after the world cup, bar a few details.

First and third kits.

lfcwarriorhomekitmockup.jpg

3rdkit.jpg
First is nice. And wow, that third is a mess! :lol, lady and Diouff aside. Was the tribal thing what was rumoured to be on it?

And stay down, Bayern. Stay the fuck down! :D
(feels like disciplining an ill-behaved dog, hehe)

A friend of mine helped me to get a volunteer position for the game (waay better than the amateur referee route).
I was helping around lower-class VIP guests (ticks for around 300€), showing them their seats and shit...the work was honored by letting me munch off the vip buffet and go out & watch the game live on some occasions.
Waaay better than the 400€ black market tickets, lol :D

Here's a video I took after the 1:0:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lldtpusHPM

Some pics of the location:

IMG_20120411_213351.jpg

IMG_20120411_213417.jpg

IMG_20120411_213550.jpg

Feels good :)

Carbonox

I remember thinking Newcastle's home kit this season looked terrible when it first came out. I have no idea why, because after getting used to it, I think it's one of the nicest in the EPL. And honestly, there is nothing wrong with it, so no idea why I didn't like it to begin with.

I agree. I wasn't keen on it and now I think it's my favourite Newcastle top in quite some time. The rumoured next season one though...I will never buckle on that. It's terrible and doesn't have the clean look of the current one.

Wish the British-racing green (or lawn-tennis green) was our 2nd or 3rd kit. Cech's face in that picture. :)

I love it. Few more...

Really liking these on first impressions. Our recent home kits haven't been as nice as the 2008/09 ones imo.

Also first post here, nice to meet you all. :)
Nice to meet you TrueBlue, welcome! I wasn't too bothered about the 08/09 kit. Every home kit since then has been great though imo.

Edit: actually the 09/10 wasn't too hot. 10/11 and this season I liked.

Really liking these on first impressions. Our recent home kits haven't been as nice as the 2008/09 ones imo.

Also first post here, nice to meet you all. :)
You can only post here if your avatar has a jacket in it.

Awesome pics and videos Phantast2k, Westfalenstadion is my favourite stadium, so awesome.

TrueBlue

Nice to meet you TrueBlue, welcome! I wasn't too bothered about the 08/09 kit. Every home kit since then has been great though imo.

Edit: actually the 09/10 wasn't too hot. 10/11 and this season I liked.

I love most of our home kits. Of course, the 08/09 kit has the unfortunate honour of first being worn on that night in Moscow, but I love it all the same. I also have some affection for the '98 kit, which I got at the age of five.

In any case, very eagerly awaiting our next four fixtures. Very possible our arse might get handed to us in each one, but these occasions are what I live for as a fan. I'd have scoffed if you had told me we'd be playing Barcelona in the semis after the first leg of the Napoli game.

I love most of our home kits. Of course, the 08/09 kit has the unfortunate honour of first being worn on that night in Moscow, but I love it all the same. I also have some affection for the '98 kit, which I got at the age of five.

In any case, very eagerly awaiting our next four fixtures. Very possible our arse might get handed to us in each one, but these occasions are what I live for as a fan. I'd have scoffed if you had told me we'd be playing Barcelona in the semis after the first leg of the Napoli game.
I can see us getting slapped about by Barcelona and we'll certainly take plenty of stick about it from the other English teams fans, but at least we got to the semi's! Which is something to be said considering the season we've had. Favourites for the FA Cup, although if Spurs show up we're in for a hard time. Then there's the fact that if we do get to the final, we get to play one of our boggy teams in Everton or Liverpool... yay!

So I think I'm going to chance the del piero kit on club jersey. Will post when it arrives. Also considering risking the German green kit.
You'll probably end up with SoccerTriads type fakes. Good they are, but fake no less.

So I think I'm going to chance the del piero kit on club jersey. Will post when it arrives. Also considering risking the German green kit.
I used to order from a similar site (halfpricekits) and the kits I got from them were fantastic. They were probably fakes but so close to the originals you could hardly tell the difference. If you can get by knowing its not a real shirt you'll probs be quite happy.

Ive bought quite a few from these kinda sites, some better than others but on the whole been pretty happy. Only use them to play in anyway so they end up getting roughed up after a year or so, so I'd much rather pay £15 for a fake than £50 for a real.

Wilbur

Banned
You'll probably end up with SoccerTriads type fakes. Good they are, but fake no less.

Are they passable? Just seen the prices and I don't give a shit about it being best of the best of the best, but not like the ones you see in london when it says TEAM CHELSEA or BARCELONA FOOTBALL and a picture of a big blue ball as United's crest

Are they passable? Just seen the prices and I don't give a shit about it being best of the best of the best, but not like the ones you see in london when it says TEAM CHELSEA or BARCELONA FOOTBALL and a picture of a big blue ball as United's crest
Very passable in my experience. I have quite a few, I'll try to take a pic of the ones I have when I'm back at uni on the weekend if you want but yeah passable for sure.

Wilbur

Banned

TrueBlue

You can only post here if your avatar has a jacket in it.

Need to have an avatar first. I've got a Zola one prepped for tomorrow in any case.

I can see us getting slapped about by Barcelona and we'll certainly take plenty of stick about it from the other English teams fans, but at least we got to the semi's! Which is something to be said considering the season we've had. Favourites for the FA Cup, although if Spurs show up we're in for a hard time. Then there's the fact that if we do get to the final, we get to play one of our boggy teams in Everton or Liverpool... yay!

Let them give us stick, I believe the siege mentality can do wonders to the team's drive and effort. Plus, things would get boring if our club weren't labelled as cunts for more than a few hours. There's next to no pressure on us to actually beat Barcelona, so hopefully that will work in our favour. Or Messi gets injured for the convenient period of two weeks so we won't have to face him. Either way, expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Same with Spurs and Arsenal really. If the Chelsea that beat Napoli in the second leg turn up, I think we can beat both of them. Big if though.

Wilbur

Banned
Anything else like that Soccer Triads website? 35 quid for those two shirts is great, but their clearance part only has one kit in my size that I'd be interested in (Barca away). Wondering if there's any more cheap shit around. I need to start playing football again :(

Meier

Bahaha, this is priceless.

AqIp2DSCIAAJIyi.jpg

Santos Laguna defender Felipe Baloy is more than happy to pose with fans of all ages, even if he just stopped off to buy the newest issue of Playboy. And when a young fan in Velcro shoes and a full Santos kit wanted a picture with Baloy, the Panamanian international kindly knelt down, smiled and accidentally held his transparent bag containing the Playboy in for the picture.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...930767.html;_ylt=AlyavE0AWSVWQ75VrHhx9T05nYcB

If you could get one or two that would be lovely, thanks. Considering getting the Holland and Germany (with Ozil) away shirts. Will probably get Juve/Roma/Bilbao/United next season if they do them as well

also lol http://www.soccertriads.com/Clearance/Newton-Heath-Jersey/prod_302.html
Depends how hard you look. I bought a 2010/11 Chelsea home shirt from them. My brother bought the gross 2010/11 black Chelsea away shirt and this seasons Chelsea white third shirt. I've had the official versions of all these shirts so I was able to compare them...

Side by side with the real deal they do look really good, but you can see their short comings. The material isn't as nice and they're not as comfortable as the official stuff. Both my brothers shirts were pretty much spot on. The home shirt I got had a bit of a dodgy crest, the yellow stitching around it was a bit skew so it covered the bottom of the Chelsea lettering.

Few things to note. Don't get them to print names and numbers. The lettering and numbering they use is really heavy compared to the proper stuff. You can actually feel the weight of it on your back. And sizing, as far as I know they only do medium and large. But if I remember correctly, their medium is actually a large sizing and their large is extra large. So as an example, I'm fairly tall and slim 6'2", and I take a small adidas shirt, I got the medium from Soccer triads and I might as well of been wearing a tent. So I gave it to my brother who is pretty well built and it fit him fine.

All that said, to the naked eye, if you're not going over it with a magnifying glass, most people wouldn't know it was a fake.

Need to have an avatar first. I've got a Zola one prepped for tomorrow in any case.

Let them give us stick, I believe the siege mentality can do wonders to the team's drive and effort. Plus, things would get boring if our club weren't labelled as cunts for more than a few hours. There's next to no pressure on us to actually beat Barcelona, so hopefully that will work in our favour. Or Messi gets injured for the convenient period of two weeks so we won't have to face him. Either way, expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Same with Spurs and Arsenal really. If the Chelsea that beat Napoli in the second leg turn up, I think we can beat both of them. Big if though.
Amen brother. That's pretty much my attitude. In fact, I think this fairly shit season has done a lot of our fans a world of good. Brought a few people back down to earth. A stint in the Europa league wouldn't kill us either...

Wilbur

Banned
Depends how hard you look. I bought a 2010/11 Chelsea home shirt from them. My brother bought the gross 2010/11 black Chelsea away shirt and this seasons Chelsea white third shirt. I've had the official versions of all these shirts so I was able to compare them...

Side by side with the real deal they do look really good, but you can see their short comings. The material isn't as nice and they're not as comfortable as the official stuff. Both my brothers shirts were pretty much spot on. The home shirt I got had a bit of a dodgy crest, the yellow stitching around it was a bit skew so it covered the bottom of the Chelsea lettering.

Few things to note. Don't get them to print names and numbers. The lettering and numbering they use is really heavy compared to the proper stuff. You can actually feel the weight of it on your back. And sizing, as far as I know they only do medium and large. But if I remember correctly, their medium is actually a large sizing and their large is extra large. So as an example, I'm fairly tall and slim 6'2", and I take a small adidas shirt, I got the medium from Soccer triads and I might as well of been wearing a tent. So I gave it to my brother who is pretty well built and it fit him fine.

All that said, to the naked eye, if you're not going over it with a magnifying glass, most people wouldn't know it was a fake.

Amen brother. That's pretty much my attitude. In fact, I think this fairly shit season has done a lot of our fans a world of good. Brought a few people back down to earth. A stint in the Europa league wouldn't kill us either...

Thanks a lot cocknose, might just take the plunge and order them. I want to be able to get out and play in them though! Hopefully my friends still like going to Goals and not just coming out for clubbing when they get back from uni. Might see if my uni have a five a side team as well...

Shame about the lettering though. I saw France do Zidane and that's class, wish I liked old Germany and Holland stars as much as I do Zidane haha! A van Nistelrooy one would have been great if the lettering was good enough

TrueBlue

True that. I mean, I'm only 18 years old. I feel incredibly spoiled to be exposed to the amount of success that Chelsea have had in that timespan. Some fans have had to go through relegation, financial difficulties and decades of waiting for a title. I feel very lucky, so it frustrates me to see so many Chelsea fans seemingly abandon the club at the first sign of difficulty. I'm also pretty sure that many of those said fans are the reason why the Stamford Bridge atmosphere isn't as magical as it apparently once was. In any case, I think you're right, you've gotta go through the bad to appreciate the good. Here's hoping.

Still, would rather get into the CL. Not a big fan of Channel 5's coverage. :p

Thanks a lot cocknose, might just take the plunge and order them. I want to be able to get out and play in them though! Hopefully my friends still like going to Goals and not just coming out for clubbing when they get back from uni. Might see if my uni have a five a side team as well...

Shame about the lettering though. I saw France do Zidane and that's class, wish I liked old Germany and Holland stars as much as I do Zidane haha! A van Nistelrooy one would have been great if the lettering was good enough
You could always get the printing done in a store. I think it's like £10, I think because I never get them printed.

True that. I mean, I'm only 18 years old. I feel incredibly spoiled to be exposed to the amount of success that Chelsea have had in that timespan. Some fans have had to go through relegation, financial difficulties and decades of waiting for a title. I feel very lucky, so it frustrates me to see so many Chelsea fans seemingly abandon the club at the first sign of difficulty. I'm also pretty sure that many of those said fans are the reason why the Stamford Bridge atmosphere isn't as magical as it apparently once was. In any case, I think you're right, you've gotta go through the bad to appreciate the good. Here's hoping.

Still, would rather get into the CL. Not a big fan of Channel 5's coverage. :p
It's okay, we'll make it to Champions League next year
right after we win it this time round
so no need to worry.

Anything else like that Soccer Triads website? 35 quid for those two shirts is great, but their clearance part only has one kit in my size that I'd be interested in (Barca away). Wondering if there's any more cheap shit around. I need to start playing football again :(
Just tweeted you some pics of one shirt I've got at home.

Kyles right about the sizes. A few sites do have actual "small" size shirts but many don't, worth checking by emailing them or something if possible. That club jerseys site AA mentioned has a lot of shirts.

I for one can't wait for the match against Barcelona as well, If our players are able to find their best form I am not concern at all at our chances. That is however a big IF.

Just tweeted you some pics of one shirt I've got at home.

Kyles right about the sizes. A few sites do have actual "small" size shirts but many don't, worth checking by emailing them or something if possible. That club jerseys site AA mentioned has a lot of shirts.
Just looked there now, SoccerTriads do have a small, but it's a 40" chest. I think most brands small sizes are 34"-36".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom