• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Economics at school was so much better...and easier. I'm so glad I do read politics too (haha first time I've said "read *subject* since my personal statement) cos otherwise I'd be going insane.

What are you researching anti-Kermit?

I do politics too and I'm enjoying that subject.

I got a bad deal this semester with regards to my modules though.

I have 4 Econ exams and only 1 politics exam. I'd much rather it be the other way round.

Arnie

Everton will collapse once they're knocked out of the FA Cup. It'll be season over for them and I fully expect them to roll over.

WHAT HAVE I DONE

Yeah we won't give them an easy time, but we'll have to be playing our absolute best if we're going to win that one.

Of course, we could have an easier time against them if Man United win the title before then leaving them with nothing left to play for.

Anyway, let's hope we win all our games. Stoke, Wigan and Chelsea and Everton will be tough, but I firmly believe we can win all of them.

Agree with everything in this post! Going to be one hell of an exciting end to the season, title race just got a little more interesting, battle for Europe is is great and the relegation battle is so so close.

Salazar

What do you actually research, Salazar?

The social, public figure of the scholar (and the academic critic of literature) in 20th century British intellectual life - basically how ideas or standards of comportment, manners, reciprocity, emotion, fairness, intelligibility, malice, competitiveness have been approached or understood in journals, letters, interactions on television or the radio. It centres on the correspondence section of the Times Literary Supplement, largely because it has been for over a century a site for a very diverse range of folks to tear strips off each other.

It overlaps a bit with how this thread works, really - the lively tension between individual conviction and compatibility (we all fear the Bish) and enforced or implied codes of behaviour or expression.

The social, public figure of the scholar (and the academic critic of literature) in 20th century British intellectual life - basically how ideas or standards of comportment, manners, reciprocity, emotion, fairness, intelligibility, malice, competitiveness have been approached or understood in journals, letters, interactions on television or the radio. It centres on the correspondence section of the Times Literary Supplement, largely because it has been for over a century a site for a very diverse range of folks to tear strips off each other.

It overlaps a bit with how this thread works, really - the lively tension between individual conviction and compatibility (we all fear the Bish) with enforced or implied codes of behaviour or expression.
Explains your KPop addiction tbh.

I do politics too and I'm enjoying that subject.

I got a bad deal this semester with regards to my modules though.

I have 4 Econ exams and only 1 politics exam. I'd much rather it be the other way round.
Similar, 3 economics and 1 politics.

I don't start until the end of May though.

WJD

It overlaps a bit with how this thread works, really - the lively tension between individual conviction and compatibility (we all fear the Bish) with enforced or implied codes of behaviour or expression.

Interesting... Sounds out of my depth though!

Arnie

It overlaps a bit with how this thread works, really - the lively tension between individual conviction and compatibility (we all fear the Bish) and enforced or implied codes of behaviour or expression.

ibq5qNIznbIHYg.gif

Kyoufu

Agree with everything in this post! Going to be one hell of an exciting end to the season, title race just got a little more interesting, battle for Europe is is great and the relegation battle is so so close.

Do you think people will be disappointed if we don't get 4th? If we miss out on CL but get into Europa, is that a bad thing?

Arsenal's run in isn't easy, We need to hold on to 3rd.

I think your only "tough" game is against Chelsea at home... should be a cake walk for you :/

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Arsenal's run in isn't easy, We need to hold on to 3rd.

You're in good form and your players all look fresh, except perhaps RVP. Tragically I'm relying on you doing us a favour against Chelsea. Oh the shame...

Kyoufu said:
Do you think people will be disappointed if we don't get 4th? If we miss out on CL but get into Europa, is that a bad thing?

It will be disappointing given your position with 5 games to go but it will still be a great season. If you finish 5th you will have finished above two of Tottenham/Liverpool/Chelsea. Nobody saw that coming.

soPh0.gif

elsk

Banned
How come the Bayern squad is so small? Would expect it to be much bigger for a club which regularly competes in 2/3 tournaments.

And not only that, our bench players are pretty much useless:
2Wyq2.png

That's our complete squad (where are the Milan cry babies now?). And also from that list two players only play in the reserves team:
-Maximilian Riedmüller
-Takashi Usami

Breno is injured since the start of the season. van Buyten is injured since January I believe, and he's out for the rest of the season.

Contento has played 1 league match a week ago, Pranjic like 2 leagues match (to rest Ribéry). Olic almost the same thing, coming as sub in the 80 min when we're losing, Petersen one league game I believe. Tymo is the only bench player we can actually use to rotate and don't drop the quality in huge margin.

DominoKid

ronaldo hat trick all over my face.
why we sell you???? ;_;

*whoosh*

Kyoufu

Just saw Tottenham's remaining fixtures. God damn wish we had it as easy as they do:

QPR v Tottenham
Tottenham v Blackburn
Bolton v Tottenham
Aston Villa v Tottenham
Tottenham v Fulham

Clegg

Similar, 3 economics and 1 politics.

I don't start until the end of May though.
Lucky bastard.

I tried to ignore my revision in the hope that it would just go away.

If I'm still in a bind with a week to go before the exams I'll just look at exams from previous years and try to anticipate the questions.

Quite risky though.

I doubt it, if someone told me at the start of the season we'd finish 5th or 6th I wouldn't have believed them. Then, once they'd shown me the future league table I would have came in their face and tattooed 'PARDEW4LYF' onto my forehead.

I would be disspointed if we go off the boil and get bad results against Stoke and Wigan though.

Edit: In response to Spurs' fixtures...I wouldn't want to play 3 (maybe even 4) teams in a bitter relegation battle at the end of the season. They will drop a few points.

K1LLER7

Lucky bastard.

I tried to ignore my revision in the hope that it would just go away.

If I'm still in a bind with a week to go before the exams I'll just look at exams from previous years and try to anticipate the questions.

Quite risky though.

Good luck, hope you guys do well.

Finished all my exams (Business Management+Finance), got 2 assignments left and finish in 2 weeks. Just in time for some Dragon's Dogma :)

Yen

Well you don't support Chelsea and probably don't take much notice of their kits. I could give you a list of things that are different to the current one.
Year on year, there is very little difference in adidas kits. Only major change is lack of white - especially on the arms.

Looks like a kit you'd win something in.

Need to see how it looks on Premier Ass to decide.

Yeah, probably not a good choice for Chelsea.
Again, Munich gold trim, Madrid gold trim, Liverpool silver trim. Plenty of Adidas teams have it. It's nothing special.

Year on year, there is very little difference in adidas kits. Only major change is lack of white - especially on the arms.
Well if you ignore details you could say the same for just about any teams kits year in year out.

Clegg

Good luck, hope you guys do well.

Finished all my exams (Business Management+Finance), got 2 assignments left and finish in 2 weeks. Just in time for some Dragon's Dogma :)

Cheers man.

I'm genuinely terrible studying though.

I think looking at previous exam Qs and then doing a bit of revision on different topics is the only way forward for me now.

GorillaJu

Hah. Chelsea isn't a "winning things" club is the problem.

Wake me up when you're ready to compete. Until then, I'll just enjoy watching Liverpool dominate the Carling Cup.

Arnie

That Chelsea kit is gorgeous. Much prefer understated designs, and the gold trim is a subtle little decorator. Keeper kit isn't some garish shade of orange either. Get ordering lads.

Can't wait for our kit to be revealed. Getting it ordered whatever with 'Lucas', '21' on the back. Knowing my luck they'll give Lucas the number four shirt in the summer.

That Chelsea kit is gorgeous. Much prefer understated designs, and the gold trim is a subtle little decorator. Keeper kit isn't some garish shade of orange either. Get ordering lads.

Can't wait for our kit to be revealed. Getting it ordered whatever with 'Lucas', '21' on the back. Knowing my luck they'll give Lucas the number four shirt in the summer.
I personally think this is nicest Chelsea kit for years, but then, I really liked this seasons and 2010/11. It's our away and keeper kits that usually let us down. Though again, I liked all the kits this year. This seasons keeper kit and the new one are really nice. Shame this season Cech still wore the grim looking fluro green one from 2010 half the time.

I'm looking forward to see what Warrior produce for Liverpool. I love when all the new kits come out.

Arnie

I've heard disturbing things about our new 3rd kit. Tribal things. It's meant to be revolting, in a 'who makes that new Liverpool kit' kind of way. But I like what I've been hearing about our home and away strips, it seems Warrior have stripped our badge back to this:

L5149_n.jpg

With the Hillsborough flame on the back of the neck.

I forgot to tell you guys my other good news.

I have crafted a concoction of vimto and Ribena for my bedtime drink

I call it Rimto, it was a close fought battle between that and Vimbena but Rimto sounds sexier

I've heard disturbing things about our new 3rd kit. Tribal things. It's meant to be revolting, in a 'who makes that new Liverpool kit' kind of way. But I like what I've been hearing about our home and away strips, it seems Warrior have stripped our badge back to this:

L5149_n.jpg

With the Hillsborough flame on the back of the neck.
I heard that myself, personally I think the updated badge looks far better. I came across a "leaked" mock up a while back. Not sure if it was real. But it was a very plain, classic looking red shirt, with the details you described. Looked well.

TeegsD

All the jackets, sweet lord.

Anyways, been busy all day so didn't get to watch anything. Reading the posts here though means I didn't miss anything from ManU. Gloating about the 20th came a few weeks too early. Now we have to win some crucial games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom