• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorty

Banned
I watched the game at a local bar in Dortmund and the place fucking errupted when Lewandowski scored as well as when Robben missed the penalty. feelsgoodman
Subotic taunting Robben after the miss? wtf
that's dortmund for you
what an incredible douchebag. good going subotic
Disgusting really
lol u mad?
What's disgusting are Robbens shitty diving attempts throughout - and Nerlingers shit talk prior to the game displaying the utter lack of sportmanship that Bayern is known and hated for. Subotic's reaction is a mirror image of what every Dortmund fan felt at this point.
Feel the need to act all arrogant and cocky before the game? Then don't complain when you get it shoved down your throat afterwards. Maybe you guys could learn a thing or two about understatement from Klopp & co.

You'll probably end up with SoccerTriads type fakes. Good they are, but fake no less.

I used to order from a similar site (halfpricekits) and the kits I got from them were fantastic. They were probably fakes but so close to the originals you could hardly tell the difference. If you can get by knowing its not a real shirt you'll probs be quite happy.

Ive bought quite a few from these kinda sites, some better than others but on the whole been pretty happy. Only use them to play in anyway so they end up getting roughed up after a year or so, so I'd much rather pay £15 for a fake than £50 for a real.

I'd be alright with that.

Kyoufu

Girls, how many goals are Barca going to put past Chelsea?

GUbhG.gif

spidye

I watched the game at a local bar in Dortmund and the place fucking errupted when Lewandowski scored as well as when Robben missed the penalty. feelsgoodman

lol u mad?
What's disgusting are Robbens shitty diving attempts throughout - and Nerlingers shit talk prior to the game displaying the utter lack of sportmanship that Bayern is known and hated for. Subotic's reaction is a mirror image of what every Dortmund fan felt at this point.
Feel the need to act all arrogant and cocky before the game? Then don't complain when you get it shoved down your throat afterwards. Maybe you guys could learn a thing or two about understatement from Klopp & co.

wat? there were only compliments from rummenige and hoeneß before the match. and not even once shit talk from nerlinge. please show me that alleged shit talk.
and funny a dortmund fan talks about sportmanship. throwing banana, runnig to robben and shouting at him orcelebrating and shouting at a furth player shows real sprotsmanship.

GUbhG.gif
At least we will have had the opertunity to have 10 put past us. The rest of the EPL teams bottled it. We're worse than the lot and still got to the semi's. We know we're going to get beat. Keep trying...

When is the FA cup semi finals btw?

Also good on Juventus for winning today I have always had a soft spot for them (mostly because of Zidane)
Sunday 6pm.

Wilbur

Banned
Just tweeted you some pics of one shirt I've got at home.

Kyles right about the sizes. A few sites do have actual "small" size shirts but many don't, worth checking by emailing them or something if possible. That club jerseys site AA mentioned has a lot of shirts.

Thanks, will check them now. So this website, I should order the small (40') if I'm a 6 foot pretty slim guy? Or medium??

Also in the Dortmund - Bayern game, what was the banana throwing about?

EDIT: Just saw above, cheers

Thanks, will check them now. So this website, I should order the small (40') if I'm a 6 foot pretty slim guy? Or medium??

EDIT: Just saw above, cheers
Go for small, it may be a bit big, but if you're not bothered then meh.

spidye

dortmund fans threw some bananas at neuer because he was once a shalke player.

At least we will have had the opertunity to have 10 put past us. The rest of the EPL teams bottled it. We're worse than the lot and still got to the semi's. We know we're going to get beat. Keep trying...

Sunday 6pm.

Oh cool that's good hopefully the guys will be fairly rested for this match.

Wilbur

Banned
Thanks for the help lads, just ordered the German and Dutch away kits. Will use the site next season as well.

Clearance section only has the Man Utd kits from this season in XL :/ and the Barca away in L. Hopefully some more stuff goes on there in a few months.

Oh cool that's good hopefully the guys will be fairly rested for this match.
That's why I sort of wanted Mata to play the whole Wigan game. Lots of people wanted him rested as I'm sure the lad is bust from playing every game. But with a week of rest until the FA Cup semi's, I think he could of managed.

Thanks for the help lads, just ordered the German and Dutch away kits. Will use the site next season as well.

Clearance section only has the Man Utd kits from this season in XL :/ and the Barca away in L. Hopefully some more stuff goes on there in a few months.
They're usually quick off the mark to run fakes of the new releases.

The two kits I want for a reasonable price in the UK are the Kaiser Chiefs FC shirt and the Ghana one :/ does anyone know where I can get these for a good price?

Shorty

Banned
wat? there were only compliments from rummenige and hoeneß before the match. and not even once shit talk from nerlinge. please show me that alleged shit talk.
Do you have basic research skills? Google that shit.
and funny a dortmund fan talks about sportmanship. throwing banana, orcelebrating and shouting at a furth player shows real sprotsmanship.
I don't approve of them but these things are related to the BvB/S04 rivalry and basically day-to-day business in the Ruhrpott area. Nothing to get upset about as a Bayern fan. Neuer should have picked up a banana and taken a nice bite out of it.
runnig to robben and shouting at him
Totally deserved considering the arrogant pre-game banter. That unlikable, diving dick was asking for it. Reminded me of Podolski/Sahin

Soi-Fong

lol u mad?

lol What you're saying is true though, from a good sportsmanship perspective, Subotic shouldn't stoop that low.

Though, all this is is prolly just about Bayern losing control of the Bundesliga. Seriously!! Dortmund about to retain their title!!!??

Shorty

Banned
lol What you're saying is true though, from a good sportsmanship perspective, Subotic shouldn't stoop that low.
I would agree if we were talking about anyone but Arjen Robben. That selve-absorbed unlikable dickhead has never shown sportsmanship in his life and doesn't deserve to receive any. I stand by Subotic's reaction.
Though, all this is is prolly just about Bayern losing control of the Bundesliga. Seriously!! Dortmund about to retain their title!!!??
Yeah it's a very refreshing and welcome change.

Soi-Fong

I would agree if we were talking about anyone but Arjen Robben. That selve-absorbed unlikable dickhead has never shown sportsmanship in his life and doesn't deserve to receive any. I stand by Subotic's reaction.

Yeah it's a very refreshing and welcome change.

Though, I'm wondering how it'll be for next season what with the possibility of you guys losing Kagawa to us (Manchester United). lol

Regarding Kagawa, sooo happy!! My sister is doing a foreign exchange to Japan and told her to get me a Kagawa shirt!!! He should be pretty well known in Japan so she should have no trouble finding his #10 jersey.

Sloosha

GUbhG.gif

아니요!

FoxSports+ shows them. In Spanish though.

Cheers. Can't get FSC+ though :(

Though, I'm wondering how it'll be for next season what with the possibility of you guys losing Kagawa to us (Manchester United). lol

Regarding Kagawa, sooo happy!! My sister is doing a foreign exchange to Japan and told her to get me a Kagawa shirt!!! He should be pretty well known in Japan so she should have no trouble finding his #10 jersey.

I want Kagawa at Chelsea!

Family in Korea recently sent me the home and Away national team shirts.

Shorty

Banned
Fucking love ManU. My favourite English Club!

My girlfriend's brothers own a shushi bar here in Dortmund. A week ago I met Kagawa's translator at a gas station and he promised he would tell Kagawa about the sushi bar so he might show up there sometime. If you want I'll tell my gf to get an autograph (in case he shows up) and I'll send it to you.

Soi-Fong

Fucking love ManU. My favourite English Club!

My girlfriend's brothers own a shushi bar here in Dortmund. A week ago I met Kagawa's translator at a gas station and he promised he would tell Kagawa about the sushi bar so he might show up there sometime. If you want I'll tell my gf to get an autograph (in case he shows up) and I'll send it to you.

haha I'm actually from the US so that might be a bit hard, but if you can, then that'd be freaking godly. I follow Man U and Dortmund. Not soo much into Spain since it seems like everyone from my university is either a Barca or a Real fan(or Arsenal). lol

GorillaJu

Just looked there now, SoccerTriads do have a small, but it's a 40" chest. I think most brands small sizes are 34"-36".

A small t-shirt should measure to about 38-40" in the chest. A person with a size small chest would measure 36", so most manufacturers give 2-4" allowance depending on the maker.

GorillaJu

"He should be pretty well known in Japan" haha. All of the Japanese NT players are worshipped in Japan. Kagawa isn't quite up to Honda or Nagatomo status but he will be soon. Honda's face is everywhere here now.

Kyoufu

I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that Chelsea will end up beating Barca.

That's just the food you ate today. As much as I like Mata and Torres, there's no way they'll be able to compete with the Triforce™.

Also, statistics say the team with the away game first are more likely to go through. I really wouldn't put any money on Chelsea.

Great accomplishment for them to get this far though, despite the rocky season they've had.

Soi-Fong

"He should be pretty well known in Japan" haha. All of the Japanese NT players are worshipped in Japan. Kagawa isn't quite up to Honda or Nagatomo status but he will be soon. Honda's face is everywhere here now.

Really? I'm guessing he should actually be more well-known than those 2 considering he's had a huge impact on Dortmund's league success as well as being one of the more key players Dortmund has. Nothing against Honda and Nagatomo, but still.

GorillaJu

Really? I'm guessing he should actually be more well-known than those 2 considering he's had a huge impact on Dortmund's league success as well as being one of the more key players Dortmund has. Nothing against Honda and Nagatomo, but still.

Dortmund isn't a household name in Japan. Honda and Nagatomo both played out of their skins in South Africa where Kagawa didn't really feature. Honda's free kick against Denmark alone puts him in god-tier status. Kagawa is definitely well known, but he's not going to be as revered until 2014.

If he signed for a club that has a large fanbase in Japan, like Arsenal, Chelsea or Milan, then he'd definitely become the obsession in Japan.

Salazar

I wonder how many problems Wigan are going to cause us at the Emirates? I hope not many....

Not playing a defensively incapable winger out of position (lol, though this is a very Arsenal thing to do) in the middle will help.

Stick someone close to Moses to take advantage of the fact that his first touch is atrocious.

Don't sit deep.

Lightning

Banned
Just watched the highlights of the Dortmund vs. Bayern game. Robben could have just cost Bayern the championship with that performance.... Poor penalty but he missed a sitter.... shocker. Better perform better than that for us at the Euros you bastard...

Just watched the highlights of the Dortmund vs. Bayern game. Robben could have just cost Bayern the championship with that performance.... Poor penalty but he missed a sitter.... shocker. Better perform better than that for us at the Euros you bastard...

I think he's allowed an off game every now and then. His performances were pretty top notch lately.
Maybe his mind is on the Real semi and he's distracted. Who knows?

He always performs for you guys, or at least he always gives his best for Holland.

elsk

Banned
David Suazo goal vs. Costa Rica: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOj427b6H6U

Nope. Dropping points after the winter break, and letting Dortmund take over the 1st place costed us the championship. Robben just costed us this 3 points.

IceCold

how high are you right now, srsly?

Upsets man, they happen. I just feel like something will happen, like the stars will align or something and Barca will end up losing. Torres won't score though. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I'm right....

GorillaJu

Upsets man, they happen. I just feel like something will happen, like the stars will align or something and Barca will end up losing. Torres won't score though. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I'm right....

Barça has lost to teams much worse than Chelsea this season. Anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom