• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloosha

Taeyeon + Sica <3<3<3<3

Kyoufu just redeemed his efforts over the course of this OT.

I'm just pumped for that Girl's day comeback. Yura <3

Upsets man, they happen. I just feel like something will happen, like the stars will align or something and Barca will end up losing. Torres won't score though. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I'm right....

Whatever the outcome, Busquets and Drogba will surely bring the theatre.

Choc

Banned
The FA's protocol of letting the ref's decision stand if he saw the incident has been shown up massively today.

Ref's basically don't make mistakes if they see an incident. Ridiculous.

it's not the FA's decision

FA had to negotiate with FIFA to retrospectively punish players. FIFA said its ok only if the referee didn't see the incident

Atkinson put in his report he saw the tackle.

Therefore FA cannot do anything.

Talk to FIFA about how dumb that is.

Lightning

Banned
Upsets man, they happen. I just feel like something will happen, like the stars will align or something and Barca will end up losing. Torres won't score though. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But if I'm right....
Anythig is possible on the football field but over 2 legs this seems unlikely at best. In a one off game, anything possible, over 2 legs tips the balance in Barca's favor dramatically.

Salazar

Secret and Hyori are going to own the second half of this year. I may even be distracted from transfer garbage.

United should grab a CM early, anyway. In the short term, what he should be doing is alternating starts alongside Carrick between Scholes and Super Tom.

I fucking knew we were going to drop a massive bollock when he put Giggs there. I feel entirely comfortable armchair-managing when it is so patently fucking clear.

I find United fucking up today hilarious.

fpc52.gif

Lightning

Banned
I find United fucking up today hilarious. These minnow teams are really pulling out all the stops.

Norwich vs. City at Carrow Road is the next game I am really looking forward to. That game should be awesome.

Sloane

Banned
What's disgusting are Robbens shitty diving attempts throughout - and Nerlingers shit talk prior to the game displaying the utter lack of sportmanship that Bayern is known and hated for. Subotic's reaction is a mirror image of what every Dortmund fan felt at this point.
Feel the need to act all arrogant and cocky before the game? Then don't complain when you get it shoved down your throat afterwards. Maybe you guys could learn a thing or two about understatement from Klopp & co.
So true. Another amazing season, unbelievable how good of a team we've become.

At a fundraising dinner last night in a basement so haven't seen any action. I did not expect that result!! What happened?
All saying United not at their best and Wigan deserved it. Gonna stop predicting games! Impossible in this league.

yeah Gary, just stop lad. :lol

Seriously though, in the EPL still anything can go.

Hope we get our shit together and pull up a winning performance on Sunday.

Salazar

Hope we get our shit together and pull up a winning performance on Sunday.

Nobody in our midfield with a "no, you are not going to have this much fucking possession. I will not fucking countenance it" attitude. Which meant that Rooney had to drop back and do a stupid amount of chasing, which leads to him being

a) knackered
b) annoyed
c) too deep

Clev can do that a little bit. Scholes at least tries to do that. Giggs isn't interested in it. Carrick isn't built for it. Young is shite at it. Tony was shite at it - although a bit of diving didn't help him.

I genuinely don't know how passive Wigan would have needed to be for our midfield, thus constituted, to dominate them.

immy

Banned
Just tweeted you some pics of one shirt I've got at home.

Kyles right about the sizes. A few sites do have actual "small" size shirts but many don't, worth checking by emailing them or something if possible. That club jerseys site AA mentioned has a lot of shirts.

Viva what is your twitter, would like to see those pics too.

Also how much is shipping, I want a nice arsenal shirt.

Thanks

Starting to get nervous about Palermo now, only 6 points to relegation.
LLShC.gif

Not the hardest schedule left but I wouldn't put it past the team to completely fail.

DominoKid

is it true that Pogba wants out again? on the cafe they're saying he'll be signing w/ juve in the next few weeks

you have to imagine he got a kick out of yesterday's shitshow

dc89

is it true that Pogba wants out again? on the cafe they're saying he'll be signing w/ juve in the next few weeks

you have to imagine he got a kick out of yesterday's shitshow

Well he's not penned that contract yet. He's stalling for something...

A bit like a certain high profile striker.

Salazar

is it true that Pogba wants out again?

Gumbies on twitter propose that there is already something on paper with Juve that United would need to persuade him and Mino to tear up in order for him to stay.

If that were the case, I think Ferg would have nothing to do with him, let alone give him a bench spot.

But hey. I reckon he's going. A summer stand-off is only going to end one way. And if he wants to play us like that, then he can go.

ClevGod wondering why he wasn't given more time said:

Nobody in our midfield with a "no, you are not going to have this much fucking possession. I will not fucking countenance it" attitude. Which meant that Rooney had to drop back and do a stupid amount of chasing, which leads to him being

a) knackered
b) annoyed
c) too deep

Clev can do that a little bit. Scholes at least tries to do that. Giggs isn't interested in it. Carrick isn't built for it. Young is shite at it. Tony was shite at it - although a bit of diving didn't help him.

I genuinely don't know how passive Wigan would have needed to be for our midfield, thus constituted, to dominate them.

Love the new av!!! :p

And I agree. Our midfield did nothing last night. It was like they were not even there. I can't believe how much possession Wigan had. We should have dominated them, not play second fiddle. Crazy.

Lightning

Banned
I love how Walcott keeps saying he wants to play as a striker for Arsenal next season but forgets that he hasn't signed a contract extension yet and he will be sold if he doesn't sign one.

Also, Arsenal fans need to lay off Ramsey's nuts. We should support our players when they hit poor form not jump all over them and want them thrown into the reserves like we have a habit of doing. Some players deserve it, like Arshavin/Denilsonetc..., but Ramsey is a talented player but needs coaching and adjusting. Give him time.

bjaelke

"I thought Mario would be banned for six or seven games, that's why I said he wouldn't play again this season," Mancini said. "He only got three games so I'm pleased for this. He will be back for Manchester United [on April 30]. He will be ready."
dis-gon-b-gud.gif

Mancini is so full of shit, I can't believe he said that.

His full statement about Balotelli was that he can't risk having a player on the pitch that might not be there for the full 90 minutes, thus he won't play him again this season.

Now he spews this crap.

Talk about desperation, ey Vieira?

wow.

welp guess balotelli's gonna score a hat trick on us.
it'd be our luck.

If he does play, he will get red-carded, freak out, punch the ref and then go and piss on Mancini's shoes.

That'll show that fool Mancini this is not the way to teach bozos like that discipline and respect.

spidye

Totally deserved considering the arrogant pre-game banter. That unlikable, diving dick was asking for it. Reminded me of Podolski/Sahin

too bad he wasn't diving. you and subotic are the only people who saw him diving. you're in good company.

I don't approve of them but these things are related to the BvB/S04 rivalry and basically day-to-day business in the Ruhrpott area. Nothing to get upset about as a Bayern fan. Neuer should have picked up a banana and taken a nice bite out of it.
Homophobie-BVB1.jpg

what do you think of this? day to day business? not the first time dortmund fans show how classy they are.

Do you have basic research skills? Google that shit.
cute. really cute :D

don't get me wrong. I was the first congratulating dortmund for retaining the title. they deserved it. other than subotic it's a top class team.
I'm just really shocked about the fans. shouldn't behave like the typical rurhpott cliche.

Mancini is completely gutless.

At least AVB was crushed by senior players. Mancini is bitchmade about youngsters.

Maybe. But the worst is all the people acting like this wasn't what he said from the beginning.

Mancini is so full of shit, I can't believe he said that.

His full statement about Balotelli was that he can't risk having a player on the pitch that might not be there for the full 90 minutes, thus he won't play him again this season.

Now he spews this crap.

Did you actually listen to the whole thing or just read the bolded and the headline?

Sloane

Banned
too bad he wasn't diving. you and subotic are the only people who saw him diving. you're in good company.
Add Sky to the list, about 40 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yfUX3AA30k

And it's not like this was Robben's first dive. Good job by Subotic for finally calling him out.

not the first time dortmund fans show how classy they are.
Because Munich fans are always so "classy", right? Remember the rules "they" tried to set for Neuer? He's not allowed to celebrate with the fans and kiss the Munich logo and whatnot?

I get it though, if I wasn't a Dortmund fan, I'd be jealous of what we've achieved, too.

spidye

Because Munich fans are always so "classy", right? Remember the rules "they" tried to set for Neuer? He's not allowed to celebrate with the fans and kiss the Munich logo and whatnot?
you really compare this with the things dortmund fans and players have done in this season?
you can't be for real

I get it though, if I wasn't a Dortmund fan, I'd be jealous of what we've achieved, too.

jeaous? did you even read my post?
yeah I'm done.

Sloane

Banned
you really compare this with the things dortmund fans and players have done in this season?
What exactly have they done? Subotic called out Robben for diving which was well deserved and about time, and Großkreutz had a few words with Asamoah, who's done the same over the last ten years or so.

As for those banners, yes they were stupid, but they don't represent what all Dortmund fans are thinking but one Ultra group that nobody gives a shit about. Big deal.

GorillaJu

I don't see how either Dortmund or Bayern fans can claim a moral high ground. It's like Real and Barça – they both see the other side as the bad side. To outsiders, it looks like sibling rivalry.

Mdk7

Yesterday i was at the Juventus Stadium... Man, what a match.
We are the shit this year, seriously.
I would have NEVER, EVER imagined a season like this one.

It's like a dream... but then that fucking Vucinic wakes me up every time with his shitty attitude and his bad plays.

I'm going through the thread right now and see that some ppl. were upset about this:

untitled-11hxy6e.gif

untitled-10bnzt0.gif

untitled-1256ydw.gif

You do realize that Robben dived, do you?
Here's a slo-mo recap:

animation2rvc2z.gif

Quite the elaborate dive at that..

So I can't blame Subotic for being all up in his ugly face. Robbery sure is a world class diving duet. See for yourself:
Robbery: Arjen Robben & Franck Ribery - "Best" dives 2011 - 2012

Throwing banas at Neuer is a revival of the tradition vs. Kahn. Why?
1) Kahn looked like an albino gorilla:
dFYfK.jpg

2) Kahn behaved like a gorilla too (especially vs. Dortmund):
1Iqhl.jpg

0DBP6.jpg

Here's a vid of his exploits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C202U2znP9w&t=5m20s
And he never got sent off for shit like that as the refs took a hands-off approach to him - after all he was the untouchable GERMAN TITAN..
So yeah, the fans (not just in Dortmund) had to take matters in their own hands.

Why revive that for Neuer?
He's got freakishly long arms, almost like an ape. So there's that, lol..
But the actual reason is that he's a former Schalke player who never passed up a chance to instigate against Dortmund fans so it's more of a payback. I don't even think Schalke fans mind that too much, he's traitor to them anyways.

I don't see how either Dortmund or Bayern fans can claim a moral high ground. It's like Real and Barça – they both see the other side as the bad side. To outsiders, it looks like sibling rivalry.
It's not really comparable at all. The overwhelming majority of non-Bayern fans in Germany dislike Bayern. Or even despise them (Nürnberg, Schalke, Stuttgart, Dortmund).
Don't be fooled by whining Bayern fans...
Plus we got facts to back up our claims to the moral high ground...

Penalty table of the season (awarded/scored) :
6bXwh.png

Fairplay table of the season:
pdoZA.png

The red card? Here's what Götze got that for...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGMGOR1gsL4

Sloane

Banned
Plus we got facts to back up our claims to the moral high ground...[/url]
Also, Bayern fans in the Allianz Arena are known for booing their team, sometimes even at a score of 0-0. In Dortmund, we'd probably still get 80.000 supportive fans into our stadium if we only played in the second division.

Yen

Damien Comolli has been sacked according to the Telegraph and Times. Wasn't expecting that.
Fenway Sports Group and Liverpool FC confirmed today that Director of Football Damien Comolli had left the Club by mutual consent.

Principal Owner John Henry said: "We are grateful for all of Damien's efforts on behalf of Liverpool and wish him all the best for the future."

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner added: "The Club needs to move forward and we now have a huge game on Saturday.  It is important that everyone joins us in supporting the manager and gets behind Kenny and the team and focuses on a strong finish to the season."

Damien Comolli commented: "I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to work at Liverpool and am happy to move on from the Club and back to France for family reasons.  I wish the Club all the best for the future."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/damien-comolli-to-leave-lfc

Damien Comolli has been sacked according to the Telegraph and Times. Wasn't expecting that.

Be interesting to see if any reason is provided. At the moment I'm guessing he's the fall guy for the terrible transfers.

Liverpool Chairman Tom Werner added: "The Club needs to move forward and we now have a huge game on Saturday. It is important that everyone joins us in supporting the manager and gets behind Kenny and the team and focuses on a strong finish to the season."

Maybe reading into too much - Comolli didn't like Dalglish?

Yen

Be interesting to see if any reason is provided. At the moment I'm guessing he's the fall guy for the terrible transfers.Maybe reading into too much - Comolli didn't like Dalglish?
Better sacking him now than in the summer I guess.
I think you're reading too much into it.
On LFC tv, he claims it's mutual consent and family reasons.

Did you actually listen to the whole thing or just read the bolded and the headline?

I did, but I usually just interpret it the way I like the most :p

Mancini said:
He will probably not play in the next six games.
I need to be sure I always have 11 players on the pitch and with Mario this is a big risk.

When I first read it, I skipped over the word 'probably'.

I stand corrected, but his 2nd statement does actually lead people to believe otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom