• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

DoF only works when he is given almost complete charge of transfers and the coach is okay with it. He'll consult with the coach and those two need to have a good relationship.

In English football the manager has always had the power. This half way house routine we have with DoF's is pointless. Either tell him he's the manager and let him make the decisions or tell him he's the coach who makes use of what he's given.

Bah! What a pointless position. Liverpool would have been better off with a copy of Football Manager instead.

Slizz

I blame the United loss on Wilbury and the jacket fad. Bad luck....

Or it could have been the overall underwhelming performance from the whole team...

bjaelke

Can someone tell me what the fuck a DOF does? really? beside cause problems for the manager?

we've had arnesen at Chelsea, sacked

Commoli, sacked

a few other sacked

Surely they should realise whatever it is, isnt going to work.

Arnesen gave you Sturridge. And that's about it.

Tim, Serie A main sponsor, every year does a contest to decide which young player is the best of the championship. They decided to make a video about this, involving Faraoni, Borini, El Shaarawy, Giovinco and Vidal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DvOKIMoo7Ok

The El Sha one is so fake that is kinda sad.

It has to be Vidal. Nobody, with the notable exception of another Juventino in Giovinco, has been as influential for his team as he has been.

is it true that Pogba wants out again? on the cafe they're saying he'll be signing w/ juve in the next few weeks

you have to imagine he got a kick out of yesterday's shitshow

Gumbies on twitter propose that there is already something on paper with Juve that United would need to persuade him and Mino to tear up in order for him to stay.

If that were the case, I think Ferg would have nothing to do with him, let alone give him a bench spot.

But hey. I reckon he's going. A summer stand-off is only going to end one way. And if he wants to play us like that, then he can go.

This might be relevant:
Raiola to assist Juventus?.

Raiola likes doing business with Juventus. Zlatan, Zdenek Grygera, and now Pogba probably. It also helps that he was Pavel Nedved's agent, and Nedved is currently in our back office. I think if Pogba leaves, it's to Juventus. I also wouldn't be surprised if we get Balotelli at some point.

Ordered from soccer triads. Del piero and the Germany away. I am excite

Let me know how that goes. I'm worried that the quality is shit because the price is so amazing.

dc89

article-1334156224426-128D022E000005DC-342652_636x300.jpg

Mancini likes Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles?

I forgive him for everything he says then. The man does know good candy, I'll give him that much!!

They are his favourite.

---

Camoli? Wasn't he the guy that negotiated £35M Andy Carroll and then picked up the phone and asked City if they were interested in a swap for Tevez? What a joker.

On a plus side, another obstacle is it of the way in regards to a Rafa return.

So, I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone this morning to verify my Soccer Triads purchase. I guess my Credit Card flagged the payment as international and they wanted to verify it with me. Put an entire hold on my CC. lol

All fixed.

sohois

Comolli was not quite the Director of Football apparently, he did not have control like he did at Tottenham for example. From what I understand he was more like Chief Scout and was also in charge of negotiations for players

dc89

Can someone tell me what the fuck a DOF does? really? beside cause problems for the manager?

we've had arnesen at Chelsea, sacked

Commoli, sacked

a few other sacked

Surely they should realise whatever it is, isnt going to work.

City have a DoF. Brian Marwood. I believe he is only there because he was pals with Gary Cook, they were at Nike together.

When City get a new CEO I think he will be gone. I think Khaldoon is keeping him on because he kinda knows about football and is at senior level.

Saying that, his negotiation skills are poor. I know Khaldoon wasn't impressed with the Kun dealing and he had to become personally involved.

dc89

Comolli was not quite the Director of Football apparently, he did not have control like he did at Tottenham for example. From what I understand he was more like Chief Scout and was also in charge of negotiations for players

That explains A LOT! I bet Henry is like "£100m doesn't get me a lot".

Henderson, Carroll, Downing...

Milan schedule
Sun, Apr 15 Genoa
Sun, Apr 22 Bologna
Sun, Apr 29 at Siena
Wed, May 2 Atalanta
Sun, May 6 at Inter Milan
Sun, May 13 Novara

Juventus schedule
Sun, Apr 15 at Cesena
Sun, Apr 22 AS Roma
Sun, Apr 29 at Novara
Wed, May 2 Lecce
Sun, May 6 at Cagliari
Sun, May 13 Atalanta

I think now that we got over the Lazio hump, our schedules are virtually identical substituting an easier home match against Roma for the Milan Derby.

I think that if we're going to win this, we'll win it in the next couple weeks. For Milan, the games at Sienna will be really tricky. They are a really good squad. As is Atalanta, but that's at home so Milan should be able to take it. Novara will have nothing to play for at the last match so if we drop points and need Milan to lose the last match, we'll be done for.

For Juve, the Lecce match will be difficult considering that they are fighting for their safety. Hopefully they'll be out of any real contention by then so we can roll over them like I think we probably will against definite relegation teams like Cesena and Novara. Atalanta should be okay, but that Cagliari tie could also be tricky.

elseanio

He was definitely involved with the Suarez deal. After that, all the players that came through were likely Dalglish's targets

I still think Inter's away kit (third kit next year) is the most beautiful kit in Serie A this year:
inter-third-12-13.jpg

Milan's kit next year is really retro. Not bad either.
milan-leak.jpg

The Green German kit? Jelly

Well, it is one of those Chinese knock-offs where you can't notice a difference, and it was $30. So it should be worth it. We did that with Browns jerseys a few years ago. We had to order 20 jerseys for $200. With the numbers stitched on and everything, can't tell the difference.

Arnie

Wake up, Comolli sacked. Thank fuck.

I'd give you a direct quote but the book is back at my house in Sheffield, but in Kenny's autobiography there's an amended chapter which details how Comolli came to Kenny when the Torres deal was going through and said, "what about this Andy Carroll lad, I can make it happen."

Not that that lets Kenny off the hook for the transfer, he still said yes, but that Comolli was the brains behind such a colossal fuck up.

sohois

I'd give you a direct quote but the book is back at my house in Sheffield, but in Kenny's autobiography there's an amended chapter which details how Comolli came to Kenny when the Torres deal was going through and said, "what about this Andy Carroll lad, I can make it happen."

Not that that lets Kenny off the hook for the transfer, he still said yes, but that Comolli was the brains behind such a colossal fuck up.

Not exactly surprising that he would blame it on Comolli though, is it?

Kyoufu

To be fair, Carroll has scored more goals than Torres, and he was cheaper.

He also scored the winner for you the other night.

I'm not convinced that he was the one behind the British player philosophy. The killer is still on the loose, so to speak.

It has to be Vidal. Nobody, with the notable exception of another Juventino in Giovinco, has been as influential for his team as he has been.
Well, Borini was pretty useful to Luis Enrique this year, but if I have to choose I'd say Vidal, definitely.

Umm.. sorry but all of them are fake as fuck.
Yeah, I meant to say that the El Sha one is really, really awful. Not even close to something real.
I still think Inter's away kit (third kit next year) is the most beautiful kit in Serie A this year:
http://www.passionemaglie.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/inter-third-12-13.jpg[img]

Milan's kit next year is really retro. Not bad either.
[img]http://www.passionemaglie.it/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/milan-leak.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
I kinda like the larger stripes, but the italian flag between each of them not that much. Why do we need our entire shirt reminding us that we're an italian team? Is it really that important?

Arnie

Not exactly surprising that he would blame it on Comolli though, is it?
Well the amended book was released right after Carroll arrived, so he hadn't shown what a terrible purchase he was. It wasn't like he'd been dogshit for months and Kenny just decided to blame it on him.
I'm not convinced that he was the one behind the British player philosophy. The killer is still on the loose, so to speak.

I think you might be right.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm excited for the Del Piero kit and the Götze German Away kit. I got the Serie A and Euro patches added as well. Gonna be sick!

I didn't get patches or numbers (was going to get Ozil) just in case they looked bad! Would you mind taking a few pictures when they come if they're good quality please?

Watzke told Sky that "we'll wear a shirt with the Berlin bear on it in the cup final".

What the fuck is that lol? Can only be Kappa's idea. Those greedy bastards want to cash in before they lose us next season...

Don't know if it's necessary, though, Bayern is already scared :D

Thanks brah! Would help me with future purchases. Was defo thinking Ozil for the German shirt but I couldn't find anyone I wanted for the Holland one so just left both. Will probably get 3 or 4 kits next year

If these kits are quality enough, I will be getting a lot of kits in the next year.

Arnie

If a doctor ever tells you to take Solpadol as a form of pain relief, respectfully disagree, knock over a a leaflet and storm out.

Took it before bed least night for my back and it felt like I was buried alive. Parts of my body started going numb, I became groggy, but the whole sensation was so strange that I couldn't shut off to get to sleep.

And it wasn't like normal insomnia where I could read my book or browse GAF; the tablets were so strong I was effectively a prisoner in my own body.

If you google Solpadol you get these stories of people who're addicted to them. Never again.

Kyoufu

Hmm...

Mancini is insisting the title race is over.

Isn't that a bad thing to say? Why not keep the hope alive especially with an El Manchico coming up?

Arnie

Hmm...

Mancini is insisting the title race is over.

Isn't that a bad thing to say? Why not keep the hope alive especially with an El Manchico coming up?
He's putting pressure on the United players.

And if I was the like of Phil Jones, Johnny Evans, Ashley Young, Danny Welbeck etc I'd be shitting it.

pappe

So he IS being made a scapegoat. From what i gather it was his job to suggest players and negotiate their contracts, but the ultimate and final call was that of the manager.

So Liverpool have shot the messenger it seems and not the one who sent the message.

Salazar

Daily Mail is on fire.

lulz said:
Roman Abramovich will present his new manager with a list of potential star signings and tell him to take his pick.

super lulz said:
Juventus are planning an audacious double-swoop on the Barclays Premier League, targeting Manchester United skipper Nemanja Vidic and Chelsea striker Fernando Torres.

Salazar

I never buy kits with names in the back or numbers, I like the clean kits better lol

I got a Cleverley home kit. I got Lannister on the back of an old Czech kit with a lion on the front. I am getting Il Capitano on the back of this Juve one. I got my own name on the back of a '66 England one because I am a muppet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom