• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of coaches. Since Achterberg is gone now can we get Xavi Valero back in please FSG? He's sitting at home doing nothing on Merseyside because he's still technically getting paid by Inter, though that expires at the end of the season I believe.

Achterberg was a good coach at the Academy, one of the best according to people who were there, he should've stayed there though, it's been clear he just hasn't gotten through to the 1st team keepers, especially Reina.

England team doesn't mean much to me, they are all cunts and I think I'm a bit of a cunt in I quite enjoy the bitter tears when things go wrong, maybe it's because I dont get into it as much as others I just feel detached. I'll be in a pub or at a BBQ etc in a tournament and see people so bothered whereas I always think it will be funny if we lose.

Kean was at it again today, interviewed on SSN at his house the interviewer says 'you must get frustrated at times and want to kick the cat' Stevie replies 'we don't have a cat or a dog' there's a huge box a pedigree behind him!

Clegg

Just make sure they have fun and encourage the more exciting elements while making sure they stay disciplined and learn to appreciate the game.

EDIT: Share with them what you love about the game.

Tag rugby is a very fun sport to play. Its actually the first time my club are trying this. Usually we'll start with 10 year olds and teach them how to play proper rugby.

But now we're trying a different approach. We're holding a tag rugby camp this summer. The club hope that the kids will enjoy it enough to take up the full-contact game when they're older. We'll just be teaching them how to pass and kick properly and the basic laws of the game.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So I think I just broke some high school's chick outlook on life lol.. she knocked on the door and told me they have some kind of thing at the park saturday which is cool, and then she was like, we are also giving this book out to people with the story of the bible and I was honest and was like I think you should give that to someone else because I am never going to actually read it, I felt like I ran over her puppy or something, is nothing against religion or anything but oh well I fully expect my house to be set on fire as soon as I leave now.

(few days ago)
A female co-worker took my phone to listen to some music

Pressed shuffle

And this song came up

What now?
18gvX.gif

Tag rugby is a very fun sport to play. Its actually the first time my club are trying this. Usually we'll start with 10 year olds and teach them how to play proper rugby.

But now we're trying a different approach. We're holding a tag rugby camp this summer. The club hope that the kids will enjoy it enough to take up the full-contact game when they're older. We'll just be teaching them how to pass and kick properly and the basic laws of the game.

Keep it fun and interesting. Remember they're kids and their attention span will be next to zero. They're not going to pay attention to anyone talking more than a minute. So keep your information short and sweet.

The good thing about kids is that they WANT to have fun. They have no fears or inhibitions. So unlike Adults where you might end up spending half an hour painfully trying to get them involved, they're already involved and they want to try it.

Get a 'coaching' voice - something that grabs the attention and cuts through the noise. Don't SHOUT though. Just project yourself. If you're SHOUTING ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU NEED TO SHOUT NO ONE WILL PAY YOU ANY ATTENTION AS YOU WILL HAVE DECENSORED THEM TO YOUR SHOUTING VOICE.

Encourage them a lot. Even if they're totally crap. Give them a bit of praise for even taking part. They'll think they're class and will continue to play.

We're doing similar things here wrt contact sports. The age where contact is allowed is getting older and older. Hockey used to be 11, and now is 13. Kind of sucks, but I coach 13+ so I don't need to worry too much about it beyond teaching my players how to hit and hit effectively and safely.

Yen

Speaking of coaches. Since Achterberg is gone now can we get Xavi Valero back in please FSG? He's sitting at home doing nothing on Merseyside because he's still technically getting paid by Inter, though that expires at the end of the season I believe.

Achterberg was a good coach at the Academy, one of the best according to people who were there, he should've stayed there though, it's been clear he just hasn't gotten through to the 1st team keepers, especially Reina.
I imagine he will wait until Rafa has a job and then join him.

Clegg

Keep it fun and interesting. Remember they're kids and their attention span will be next to zero. They're not going to pay attention to anyone talking more than a minute. So keep your information short and sweet.

The good thing about kids is that they WANT to have fun. They have no fears or inhibitions. So unlike Adults where you might end up spending half an hour painfully trying to get them involved, they're already involved and they want to try it.

Get a 'coaching' voice - something that grabs the attention and cuts through the noise. Don't SHOUT though. Just project yourself. If you're SHOUTING ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU NEED TO SHOUT NO ONE WILL PAY YOU ANY ATTENTION AS YOU WILL HAVE DECENSORED THEM TO YOUR SHOUTING VOICE.

Encourage them a lot. Even if they're totally crap. Give them a bit of praise for even taking part. They'll think they're class and will continue to play.

We're doing similar things here wrt contact sports. The age where contact is allowed is getting older and older. Hockey used to be 11, and now is 13. Kind of sucks, but I coach 13+ so I don't need to worry too much about it beyond teaching my players how to hit and hit effectively and safely.

Thanks for the advice guys. There will be a few more coaches there with me so we won't be overwhelmed with the amount of kids there. About 80 kids have signed up so far and we hope to get another 20 by July.

We're having a few professionals come in too so they can give a few words on what rugby means to them. I'm pretty excited about that myself.

Thanks for the advice guys. There will be a few more coaches there with me so we won't be overwhelmed with the amount of kids there. About 80 kids have signed up so far and we hope to get another 20 by July.

We're having a few professionals come in too so they can give a few words on what rugby means to them. I'm pretty excited about that myself.

I wouldn't worry too much about making sure they enjoy and want to play it long term. Just put the program on and allow the kids to have a good time. If they like it they'll like it. That might sound daft, but I'm not sure how to put across what I mean.

Clegg

I wouldn't worry too much about making sure they enjoy and want to play it long term. Just put the program on and allow the kids to have a good time. If they like it they'll like it. That might sound daft, but I'm not sure how to put across what I mean.

No, it makes sense. I know that not everyone will want to play the game full time. I'll just try to encourage them as much as I can.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
[SKY Italia] Mino Raiola "Pogba can remain at Manchester United or go to Juventus. "

“The boy has a difficult decision to make, He’ll either stay at United or join Juventus – they are his options.

It’s an important decision that could decide a career and it is a decision that has to be taken with calmness.

United believe in him and they want to renew his contract, but it will depend a lot on the desire of the player.”

cEDN2.gif

Don't fall for it United.

No, it makes sense. I know that not everyone will want to play the game full time. I'll just try to encourage them as much as I can.

Also, make sure you're having fun too! Coaches are no good at that level if they aren't having fun either! I jump in and play defense every chance I get with my players.

Do I want Pogba? Of course. Will he play next year given that we'll be in three competitions? Sure, he'll play what 15 games?

Interesting to note that Krasic hasn't been on Juve's bench since January. Even Elia was on the bench in April. That guy is SO leaving this summer. I hope he ends up in the EPL, rather than in Serie A. He'll do well there.

Hey Chelsea, Krasic + 14m = Torres?

Do I want Pogba? Of course. Will he play next year given that we'll be in three competitions? Sure, he'll play what 15 games?

Interesting to note that Krasic hasn't been on Juve's bench since January. Even Elia was on the bench in April. That guy is SO leaving this summer. I hope he ends up in the EPL, rather than in Serie A. He'll do well there.

I'd take Elia at Aston Villa. Then Gabby can play as a true Striker. We would have a winger rotation of Elia, Albrighton, and N'Zogbia. If we could only get some Fullbacks and CMs we could rise above the bottom half of the league!

DominoKid

He's putting pressure on the United players.

And if I was the like of Phil Jones, Johnny Evans, Ashley Young, Danny Welbeck etc I'd be shitting it.

why would Evans and Young be sweating it? Evans has been on a few title sides now and AY seems to be a pretty straight guy.

i can see Jones and especially Welbeck not being able to handle it.

Carbonox

Last time I saw Elia play was during the World Cup and I thought he looked promising. Plus DAT PACE.

But going by what the Juve fans say here, it seems he's just another case of 'gotta go fast' and nowt much else. Like Obertan.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I feel bad for Milos :( Mostly because I like Splatt :p But really, he deserves better than this.
a better seat at the very least

Can't decide who's to blame with Elia.. Is it Conte? Marotta? Call of duty? Or Elia?

I like to blame Bonucci when I'm confused.

OMG Givova
KuGsj.gif

reggina-maglia-speciale-derby.jpg

Oh god
KuGsj.gif

Feorax

I'd take Krasic or Elia in a heartbeat. If one of them gave us a single goal, it'd be an improvement over Downing

The fact that we failed to bring in anyone in January, despite everyone knowing it was practially suicide for our league position, has to have been a factor in Comolli going.

If Krasic hasn't even been on the bench since Jan, that shown just how badly we screwed up.

Is Walcott bad? All I see him is score goals. I don't think I get the hate lol.

He's been around forever, but is still young at the age of 23. He has been playing first team football since 2006, so his expectations are just massive. He is definitely guilty of some poor decision making.

Slizz

Is Walcott bad? All I see him is score goals. I don't think I get the hate lol.
If Walcott's healthy at the time which can sometime be a concern.

Not hating either but the similarities are very close. Pacey and inconsistent. It's a love hate relationship with both guys. They are fast, can score goals(but so off and on) and a lot of the times they'll run themselves into a corner.

Yen

He's been around forever, but is still young at the age of 23. He has been playing first team football since 2006, so his expectations are just massive. He is definitely guilty of some poor decision making.
What happens when Walcott loses his pace in ~4 years time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom