• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

sure. hunter talks about how cryuff made sure all the youth teams were playing and were schooled in the same total football tiki-taka etc system so that there was a natural progression from young kids to the first team which led to your xavi's, iniesta's and messi's as well as the quality style we see. he was very aggressive in helping youth prospects be promoted to the first team and worked savvily behind the scenes and was crucial in getting guardiola appointed as well as rijkaard (successful manager before he was shit) despite more qualified managers being proposed. basically long term roots, youth emphasis, passing football and is a smart guy in getting the right people in.

haha fair enough. i know nothing about that side of him.

Thanks. I know we already have pep sagura who worked for him at Barcelona teaching his philosophy, so it would definitely be a great addition. What's he upto now? I'm sure he's managing somewhere

GorillaJu

Hughes' mood will not be improved by the FA's response, with Derry adding: "The email we got back from the FA was one line telling me my appeal had not been successful.
"That's as far as the email went: there was no explanation as to why it was not overturned or even any indication of why I got sent off in the first place. The whole scenario is quite bizarre really.

This is how the FA operates? It's awful.

spidye

I guess you could say his time at Köln got stale.

lol

Colognes_20Podolski_20celebrates_20a_20goal_20against_20Mainz__24157653-1323811845.jpg

Still getting caught up and watching Rovers vs Liverpool. This game is friggin nuts. And lol at Liverpool having to go to their 3rd string keeper. Amazing.

Empty

Thanks. I know we already have pep sagura who worked for him at Barcelona teaching his philosophy, so it would definitely be a great addition. What's he upto now? I'm sure he's managing somewhere

board level advisory stuff at ajax and a mexican club.

ps. your avatar is an outrage. bring back joanna :)

GorillaJu

I met my new students for the school year (high school) today and during my first class a student asked me if I like sports. I said I like watching soccer, he said me too. "What team do you like?" "Liverpool."

He's getting an A this year.

Kyoufu

I met my new students for the school year (high school) today and during my first class a student asked me if I like sports. I said I like watching soccer, he said me too. "What team do you like?" "Liverpool."

"Soccer"

worst teacher ever.

GorillaJu

You cocknosed little Brits.

Soccer is used over football in Japanese – サッカー (sakkaa), and they also use "sports" – スポーツ (supootsu) as there is no distinction between plural and singular except in the case of human beings. Anyway soccer is a fine word and predates "football" in reference to the beautiful game. Not sure where the pluralization of sports comes from but it's present in British English as well.

Since youre Kpop fanboys, Korean is the same way for what it's worth – except they dont have a "ts" sound, so the closest thing is "ch". Sports = Supochu!

And if that student figured out I'm a Liverpool fan by pre-stalking me before we ever met, then major props to him. Must students say they like Barça, Arsenal or *shudder* Chelsea.

bjaelke

Yes. And as a fan of Dutch football, I'd flip my shit to have someone like him at the helm.

It'd be fantastic if he could bring someone from the academy along with him. Both the youth and senior players have been playing attractive fast paced football lately.

Barcelona's formor DoF Txiki is also being mentioned. He stepped down in 2010 and have been without a job since then.

GorillaJu

It'd be fantastic if he could bring someone from the academy along with him. Both the youth and senior players have been playing attractive fast paced football lately.

Barcelona's formor DoF Txiki is also being mentioned. He stepped down in 2010 and have been without a job since then.

Yeah I saw that rumor on RAWK. Would be pretty good, and as being mentioned, personality wise someone like Txiki wouldn't butt heads with Kenny in the same way Cruyff or Van Gaal would.

Nothing wrong with some Chelsea love.

Out of curiosity, what do you teach?

I teach English at Japanese public high schools.

panty

So Chelsea's new kit... why is it gold?

Why is everyone plastering their shit with gold?

8(

The only team that should have gold on their kits is Real Madrid.

18964.jpg

We are the King of Teams.

I'm now at work. I don't want to do anything.

Not a single interesting match today? What the hell, can it be.

neoanarch

Didn't Cruyff just get involved with some Mexican Club?

Yup, its a part time thing according to reports with people from his institute taking charge most of the time. But he's still involved with Ajax. I doubt he would take charge at a third club and another one with Champions League expectations.

Choc

Banned

he can't get an A until

he says what anfield is, why Americans fucked up liverpool, what Hillsborough is and who is Robbie Fowler

given he is young, you can't go that far back :) should know all that tho!

Choc

Banned

as a referee that scares the shit out of me :p

re: football vs soccer. Australia recently grew up :). Rugby League fans were pissed "WE GOT DATA REAL FOOTBALL NONE OF THAT DIVING SHIT"

i dunno, running with a ball in your hands appears not to be FOOTball

Old
australia_soccer.JPG

new

ffa202x200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom