• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports need to hire Ray Hudson.

I sent an email to their managing director, he apparently thinks commentating is an art form. I am sick of listening to Neville for 90minutes +. He's a good pundit, but hopeless on the mic. I would watch every game just to listen to Hudson.

The country needs him. It's as simple as that. He'll blow people away with his superlatives

20120412-ecdtr1it572n6ibsnsqenj9cwd.jpg

Az

This could be good.

@EdDzeko

Edin Dzeko is on Twitter! @MCFC have confirmed it's his account.

His first tweet right before the game yesterday:
"sad adio, a sad adio I ko zna kad I ko zna gdje"
means "and now goodbye and now goodbye, who knows when, who knows where"

hmm....

Kyoufu

Late winner for Everton will actually make me hurt myself laughing.

I get the feeling Everton are going to win. Which would be good for them but bad for Newcastle.

and the streets of Liverpool won't be very peaceful... lol. My scouser friend says he'll riot if they lose.

dc89

It's a popular song lyric, but you have to think that wasn't accidental.

Sadly I think he's moving on in summer. He must be really pissed off with stuff like last night. Fine, Mancini rotates the strikers, but bringing Dzeko on for like 10 minutes when Silva, Aguero and Tevez had all come off was stupid. Who is going to supply him with the ball?

I love Dzeko, he just needs that run of games! Yurt, eyes off Dzeko. :'(

Az

Sadly I think he's moving on in summer. He must be really pissed off with stuff like last night. Fine, Mancini rotates the strikers, but bringing Dzeko on for like 10 minutes when Silva, Aguero and Tevez had all come off was stupid. Who is going to supply him with the ball?

I believe Mancini never forgave him about Munich. Also, it seems Edin cannot handle rotation well, sadly. When he is on his game, he is amazing.

Kyoufu

If Dzeko is going to be up for sale in the summer then.... you know the rest.

He's good looking, not a trouble maker and probably talented enough to be in the starting 11 if given a run.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Oh don't worry about us.

Last summer:
Target: Aguero
Back up: Rossi
Bought: Vucinic

Next summer:
Target: WC Striker. Dzheko, Higuain, Cavani, Suarez or Messi
Back up: Torres. Giroud. CR7.
Buying:
Yakubo

Hixx

Oh don't worry about us.

Last summer:
Target: Aguero
Back up: Rossi
Bought: Vucinic

Next summer:
Target: WC Striker. Dzheko, Higuain, Cavani, Suarez or Messi
Back up: Torres. Giroud. CR7.
Buying:
Yakubo

Yakubu is ours I seen him in Greggs in Durham.

Fry

You guys have the Liverpool version of this GIF?

http://www.abload.de/img/n1cnjm5z40.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I found this while searching for it:

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/iGp7YUjGVDbr5.gif

Fits perfectly into 90% of Wilbury's posts. :p

Salazar

"We don't have to get too down," Giggs said. "It has happened quite a bit this season where there has been the odd display where we just haven't performed. The main thing is that we have recovered from it. That is what we have to do again."

It's missing the "I personally had one of the most anonymous games of my career" bit.

Garjon

I get the feeling Everton are going to win. Which would be good for them but bad for Newcastle.

and the streets of Liverpool won't be very peaceful... lol. My scouser friend says he'll riot if they lose.

It'll be far worse if Everton lose. A lot of my co workers support Everton and have really built themselves up for winning this, calling it Moyes' swansong and all that. You can't even mention moving the game to avoid Hillsborough's anniversary without an argument starting; they claim that a lot of fans are going to deliberately chant during the minute's silence and otherwise start shit. Either way, I'll be avoiding town, though that's mostly to get away from the Grand National drunkards.

Empty

Care to elaborate?

sure. hunter talks about how cryuff made sure all the youth teams were playing and were schooled in the same total football tiki-taka etc system so that there was a natural progression from young kids to the first team which led to your xavi's, iniesta's and messi's as well as the quality style we see. he was very aggressive in helping youth prospects be promoted to the first team and worked savvily behind the scenes and was crucial in getting guardiola appointed as well as rijkaard (successful manager before he was shit) despite more qualified managers being proposed. basically long term roots, youth emphasis, passing football and is a smart guy in getting the right people in.

Yes. And as a fan of Dutch football, I'd flip my shit to have someone like him at the helm.

haha fair enough. i know nothing about that side of him.

Kyoufu

sure. hunter talks about how cryuff made sure all the youth teams were playing and were schooled in the same total football tiki-taka etc system so that there was a natural progression from young kids to the first team which led to your xavi's, iniesta's and messi's as well as the quality style we see. he was very aggressive in helping youth prospects be promoted to the first team and worked savvily behind the scenes and was crucial in getting guardiola appointed as well as rijkaard (successful manager before he was shit) despite more qualified managers being proposed. basically long term roots, youth emphasis, passing football and is a smart guy in getting the right people in.

Sounds amazing.

Though I'd be pissed if the most beautiful style of football was being played by ugly cunts like Spearing in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom