• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
1oFtz.gif
With eyes like these, I would've reversed my original decision and gave him what ever he wanted :p
as a referee that scares the shit out of me :p

We have a few refs and coaches here, it's quite impressive!

You should ref in Serie A and give us a few dubious penalties :p I'm willing to wire you some money ;)
and I'll write to you in prison!

We NEED someone to counter (MilanGAF/referee)Frank the Great's inevitable reign of terror.

Stimpy

Balance of power shifting on Merseyside?

Well no it isn't, that's such a daft article as if one terrible season from Liverpool in the League is somehow going to see Everton's financial problems disappear, until they get new owners willing to pump a ton of cash into the squad they are never realistically going to challenge Liverpool long term.

GorillaJu

It's not about logic.

Rugby and football were both types of football at one point. Rugby football, and association football. I'm not sure what the original name for American football is. It evolved to be called "football" in England because it's what the primary form of football was that was played. In America, we played American football, so our football became that one. The term "soccer" was invented in England :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Balance of power shifting on Merseyside?

Well no it isn't, that's such a daft article as if one terrible season from Liverpool in the League is somehow going to see Everton's financial problems disappear, until they get new owners willing to pump a ton of cash into the squad they are never realistically going to challenge Liverpool long term.

Challenge Liverpool for what? 8th?

offshore

without this man

[img.bp.blogspot.com/_8LvYtAby5z0/SPXh4MccfuI/AAAAAAAABeo/HT7dsOIqLB8/s320/David_Moyes.jpg[/img]

Everton would be in the championship

I sort of want Everton to win the FA Cup so Moyes can finally get his hands on a trophy... but at the same don't want them to make the final because of the Europe connotations (which admittedly I still don't properly understand).

offshore

Not looking forward to having to be on a coach at half 4 in the morning though!

I honestly don't know why both Liverpool and Everton didn't just take a f'cking stand and refuse to play at Wembley. I know the FA need to make money on it, but in this instance it absolutely should have been played at Old Trafford.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kaboul unavailable for Sunday's semi-final. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Ledley King doesn't play. Nelsen and Gallas it is.

GorillaJu

Kaboul unavailable for Sunday's semi-final. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Ledley King doesn't play. Nelsen and Gallas it is.

So is Gallas the Tottenham stalwart at the moment? I wanted to put Kaboul on my fantasy team for the double week in gw36...

Wilbur

Banned
I found this while searching for it:

iGp7YUjGVDbr5.gif

Fits perfectly into 90% of Wilbury's posts. :p

I love that a solitary gif can sum up my posting history haha.

Thanks for all the info Chris, going to look into it now!

Also Clegg is a wanker and I hate him

Blablurn

solbakken said there were some days during his köln time when he woke up and didnt want to leave his bed. he said that was the first time it ever happened lol.

Yen

A reliable "in the know":
“@stephen1martin: #lfc in neg's with Cruyff for role at club. Talks in place for Banega. Possible swap deal with Feyenoord for Kuyt. Prem clubs interested too”
“@stephen1martin: All i was told is that he's accepted a deal in principle but that there's still a long way to go due to his ties. No idea what that means.”

Clegg

A reliable "in the know":
“@stephen1martin: #lfc in neg's with Cruyff for role at club. Talks in place for Banega. Possible swap deal with Feyenoord for Kuyt. Prem clubs interested too”
“@stephen1martin: All i was told is that he's accepted a deal in principle but that there's still a long way to go due to his ties. No idea what that means.”

Banega? Stay away, hes ours!!

I'm not even sure how good he'll be for Pool. He had his foot crushed by a car a few months ago. I don't think hes played since.

Choc

Banned
Lampard on Di Matteo

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has praised the impact of interim boss Roberto di Matteo as the Blues continue to fight on three fronts.

Yeah because he isn't sacking you. Fucking sack of shit

Yen

What would Cruyff do there? Surely it can't be revamping the youth system again, that was only a few years ago
Suppose there's no harm in having the man who oversaw the two best academies in the world overseeing ours. Probably a better judge of players than Damien "I signed Stewart Downing" Comolli. Though credit to Comolli for signing exciting prospects like Ojo, Ibe etc. We never used to sign players like those.

Ran over by his own car. Out for the season.

What is it with Liverpool's fascination of buying injured players?

Suppose there's no harm in having the man who oversaw the two best academies in the world overseeing ours. Probably a better judge of players than Damien "I signed Stewart Downing" Comolli. Though credit to Comolli for signing exciting prospects like Ojo, Ibe etc. We never used to sign players like those.

I don't think the problem was the players he bought, it had to do more with the amount he paid for them.

"Soccer"

worst teacher ever.

You cocknosed little Brits.

Soccer is used over football in Japanese – サッカー (sakkaa), and they also use "sports" – スポーツ (supootsu) as there is no distinction between plural and singular except in the case of human beings. Anyway soccer is a fine word and predates "football" in reference to the beautiful game. Not sure where the pluralization of sports comes from but it's present in British English as well.

Since youre Kpop fanboys, Korean is the same way for what it's worth – except they dont have a "ts" sound, so the closest thing is "ch". Sports = Supochu!

And if that student figured out I'm a Liverpool fan by pre-stalking me before we ever met, then major props to him. Must students say they like Barça, Arsenal or *shudder* Chelsea.

I'm glad you beat me to it. I'm calling it 'soccer' from now on until you stupid twats realize its just a fucking name.

Guys...fez

I'll be purchasing after I get back from Vacation next week ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom