• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

tumblr_lw16aa5eFB1qcysa6.jpg

LVBHq.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So is Gallas the Tottenham stalwart at the moment? I wanted to put Kaboul on my fantasy team for the double week in gw36...

Kaboul is still the main man, he's our first choice and Gallas is our second right now. I'm sure he'll be back for the league games.

dc89

Cracking news for Blues, if not for Diego Maradona. The Hand of God will not be in a good mood this morning after Sergio Aguero insisted he is happy to stay at the Etihad Stadium.

His father-in-law, once the best footballer on the planet, has said once or 20 times that Kun should go to Real Madrid, who would love the Argentina ace to lead their line. Allegedly.

But Sergio's latest interview, in the wake of that fine two-goal performance against West Brom, leaves no room for doubt whatsoever, Diego. Read it and weep.

Sportinglife.com and others report that, "when asked if there was any truth in the rumours (of a move), Aguero said: 'No no, all of that, no.

"'The truth is that I am happy here, happy with my fellow players and the rest of the staff. The only thing I have to do is enjoy playing football.

"'I hardly ever do interviews. Sometimes I have to get in touch to deny or correct the claims but I can't dispel every claim that is written about me.

Best stay out of Diego's way for a while, eh, he can get a bit tetchy these days ...

MCFC's what the media says

Was never in any doubt for me. City haven't dropped £38M on a player to let him leave the following summer. The forward line should be built around Aguero now if City are to move some strikers on and bring in new ones.

MCFC's what the media says

Was never in any doubt for me. City haven't dropped £38M on a player to let him leave the following summer. The forward line should be built around Aguero now if City are to move some strikers on and bring in new ones.

Agreed, brilliant player and seems like a really nice guy. Like him alot.

Speaking of really nice guys, what do you think Mancini will do with Tevez in the summer?

Daily practice time.

http://i.imgur.com/5yCSO.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ABNne.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/Atjzb.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
More!

[quote="dc89, post: 36913213"][URL="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/What-the-papers-say/2012/April/What-the-media-says-about-Manchester-City-Apr13-Sergio-Aguero-Mario-Balotelli"]MCFC's what the media says[/URL]

Was never in any doubt for me. City haven't dropped £38M on a player to let him leave the following summer. The forward line should be built around Aguero now if City are to move some strikers on and bring in new ones.[/QUOTE]
Quality Journalism that there is.

dc89

Agreed, brilliant player and seems like a really nice guy. Like him alot.

Speaking of really nice guys, what do you think Mancini will do with Tevez in the summer?

Probably try and move him on. He simply has to be a disruption in the dressing room. He may have changed his attitude, but I can't see people not being pissed off with him for his stunt.

More!

Quality Journalism that there is.

It's like that every day. It's intentional :p

bjaelke

Don't joke about Bendtner. He's the best player in the world
according to the voices in his head
Gaf how good is Christian Eriksen?

He's fantastic at finding the other players and setting up goals, but he'll not net more than 5 goals each season.

Gaf how good is Christian Eriksen?

He should come play for Dortmund so he can play with his peers Götze & Reus.
...Hazard can come too if he tones down his cockiness.
This is the only way to settle who's the best young talent :p

In the 90-92 age group as far as attacking midfielders go this is my ranking:

Götze>Muniain>Hazard>Eriksen

(I refuse to rate Neymar until he plays in Europe...edit: and he's more of a forward, isn't he?)

(I refuse to rate Neymar until he plays in Europe...edit: and he's more of a forward, isn't he?)
Jack-Wilshere-001.jpg

Though I suppose he is more of a CM than AM.

Carbonox

If Ba leaves Newcastle (which I doubt), then apparently Bas Dost and Luuk De Jong are among our top targets. I'd get one of them anyway just on the basis that we will need a third top striker for our Europe exploits.

elseanio

Did you mean 20-22? If so, Muller is better than all them, no?

/beaten

Though I suppose he is more of a CM than AM.
Yeah and this is exactly why I didn't include him.
You need a slightly different skill-set for the CM/DM position.
Did you mean 20-22? If so, Muller is better than all them, no?
No, I meant born post-1990. Otherwise I would've included Bale and Reus, etc.
Besides that Müller is too much of a striker to be in the top bracket, imho. He also sucks at the 10er position, but he'd be up there if we I only counted wingers.

Back to that post-90 group: Lamela is maybe also better than Eriksen. Shaqiri & Belhanda would probably be behind him.

/edit
I might be missing some player too. Probably someone on Portugal.

This story seems to be circulating about Ronaldo on the internets.

A Story of Cristiano Ronaldo .. It's worth a read "I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my succes.We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship.When Sporting Lisbon's manager came to see us he said that : "Who score's more goals will come in our academy". "We won that match 3-0.I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header.But the third goal was impressive for all of us.Albert was 1 on 1 against the goalkeeper , he skilled the goalkeeper and i was running in front of him.All he has to do was to score but he passed to me and i scored the third goal , so i went to the Sporting Lisbon academy.After the match i met him and i said to him Why ? .. he said that "You are better than me" .. "Many journalists went to Albert's house and asked him if it was a true story.He said yes.He also said that his career as a player after the match ended and now is unemployed."But how did you build this house so great, you have a car? You seem like a rich man. You also keep your family .. From where did this come from? 'Albert more proudly replied: "It is by Ronaldo!

If Ronaldo is booked tmrw, he misses El Classico. No big deal then.

Mastadon

Banned
Ronaldo is clearly a massive cunt. All he needed to do was miss the shot, and then they would have scored the same amount of goals and both would have gone to the academy.

Selfish bastard.

Carbonox

Buy Pieters as well please, pretty please.

He's pretty much guaranteed to be joining Newcastle now. Can you tell me some more about him? Strengths and weaknesses?

And the fact that Ba's knee is probably a ticking time bomb at this point...

Plus PSG want him, which is his boyhood club.

Luuk De Jong was linked a lot with Liverpool. Best stay away.

Stay away for what reason? We'd probably attract him far more than Liverpool would in the Summer. :p

The main point is that we need a new striker anyway. ACoN is in January and we'll lose both Ba and Cisse. Plus Ramadan in the autumn which will affect both players (as it affected Ba last year). That pretty much leaves us with Ameobi and Best and...yeah.

Kyoufu

If Ba leaves Newcastle (which I doubt), then apparently Bas Dost and Luuk De Jong are among our top targets. I'd get one of them anyway just on the basis that we will need a third top striker for our Europe exploits.

We'll take De Jong. Look at the goals Bas Dost has scored... lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4v1Jv41C8

And the fact that Ba's knee is probably a ticking time bomb at this point...

The ticking timebomb knee is a myth. He has been fit the entire season. Don't listen to the daft cunts at Stoke. They're salty.

This story seems to be circulating about Ronaldo on the internets.

If Ronaldo is booked tmrw, he misses El Classico. No big deal then.

Damn mad respect to C.R. if this is true. Looking out for those who looked out for you is my motto.

Ronaldo is clearly a massive cunt. All he needed to do was miss the shot, and then they would have scored the same amount of goals and both would have gone to the academy.

Selfish bastard.

You ruined it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom