• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Paul-McShane-could-be-rec-001.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGMuoxihmu4

When you make Nyron Nosworthy look like Vidic you know something's up.

elsk

Banned
Hai guise

LETS PLAY A GAME!

Okay since there aren't any really interesting matches tonight, why don't we reveal the country where we're from? Not to make to task too (childish) easy, lets post our nations' best current player so you'll have to guess the country.

David-Suazo.jpg

I'm not going to post him with the Inter jersey.

Clegg

I thought he was supposed to be back in March?

FFS hes missed about 18 months through injury at United.

He must be on his last chance by now.

Carbonox

Even though I'm born in England, I'm 3/4 Hungarian so to shake things up a bit in this thread, the best Hungarian player is Balázs Dzsudzsák:

nHPf3.jpg

Plays for Dinamo Moscow now after what seemed to have been an unsuccessful spell at Antzinmypantz Ahmadinejad.

Hixx

Even though I'm born in England, I'm 3/4 Hungarian so to shake things up a bit in this thread, the best Hungarian player is Balázs Dzsudzsák:

[IM.G]http://i.imgur.com/nHPf3.jpg[/IMG]

Plays for Dinamo Moscow now after what seemed to have been an unsuccessful spell at Antzinmypantz Ahmadinejad.

You don't go by the name Ozzy, do you?

Blablurn

is the difference between football manager 2011 and 2012 big? i could get a key for 2011 for 8€ right now. 2012 is 22€.

That fucker is at Dynamo Moscow now? Oh wow, remember him being awesome against us and thinking he would go to a bigger league, guess they offered good money in Russia.

is the difference between football manager 2011 and 2012 big? i could get a key for 2011 for 8€ right now. 2012 is 22€.

2012 has been around 10 euros on sales a few times I believe, that certainly isn't a great deal on FM11. FM12 is all around just better, would search around a bit and pay the extra.

I got off the train at Carshalton Beeches once. The area was much nicer than I thought it would be. I had always assumed it was London but it's technically still in Surrey. Represent.

Blablurn

That fucker is at Dynamo Moscow now? Oh wow, remember him being awesome against us and thinking he would go to a bigger league, guess they offered good money in Russia.

2012 has been around 10 euros on sales a few times I believe, that certainly isn't a great deal on FM11. FM12 is all around just better, would search around a bit and pay the extra.

alright, thanks for the advice, mate.

Blablurn

I downloaded the FM2012 demo, after 30 minutes I couldn't understand shit. Too much options and things going on. :(

hm, that sucks. i was afraid of that. man, i loved those simple football managers back in the days. dont know if u guys heard about the "anstoss" franchise, but that was the shit.

Post the one of großkreutz diving at the start of the game. Boateng was pretty angry haha.
I have no idea what you're talking about, seriously. I've watched the game in the stadium (as a volunteer) - so I was distracted sometimes, but I've also read a pile of comments from neutral and Bayern fans and not once did someone says anything about GK, other than his shot/assist for the 1:0. So yeah, I have no idea what you're alluding to..

Robben refused an offer this week from Juventus. Extension 2015 in Bayern is only a formality.

YES!
Congrats to Yurt & the gang :D

elsk

Banned
hm, that sucks. i was afraid of that. man, i loved those simple football managers back in the days. dont know if u guys heard about the "anstoss" franchise, but that was the shit.

I actually prefer to play Fifa 2012 in career mode, it's limited but still fun. I hope they make it bigger and better in the next version. Also, a friend of mine plays Fifa Manager 2012 (PC-only), he says it's pretty good.

Wilbur

Banned

Nah it's still great. The easiest one in a while to play, I get nowhere near as frustrated at it as I did past years.

Also fuck single player FIFA, when Real Madrid and Kilmarnock play exactly the same way something's gone wrong down the line somewhere

You amateurs. When I play FM, it's about a couple of hours before my first game of the season. First things first, you get the assistant to deal with the friendlies. Next, go through my squad and work out the teams strengths and which formation I want to use, which is then tweaked to exact precision. Then I sent my scouts away aswell as doing some of my own research. Following that, I'll create my own training regimes and sack a few coaches and get better ones in. Then I'll be trading for the next few weeks mulling over targets and who I should let go.

If after all that, I lose the first game of the season, I'm mad. Luckily I'm a FM-God so that doesn't happen.

elsk

Banned
I have no idea what you're talking about, seriously. I've watched the game in the stadium (as a volunteer) - so I was distracted sometimes, but I've also read a pile of comments from neutral and Bayern fans and not once did someone says anything about GK, other than his shot/assist for the 1:0. So yeah, I have no idea what you're alluding to..

I would have to download the entire match to show you. If you can catch a replay, watch it. It happens in the first part of the match... I remember it pretty clear because Boateng flipped out.

Wilbur

Banned
You amateurs. When I play FM, it's about a couple of hours before my first game of the season. First things first, you get the assistant to deal with the friendlies. Next, go through my squad and work out the teams strengths and which formation I want to use, which is then tweaked to exact precision. Then I sent my scouts away aswell as doing some of my own research. Following that, I'll create my own training regimes and sack a few coaches and get better ones in. Then I'll be trading for the next few weeks mulling over targets and who I should let go.

If after all that, I lose the first game of the season, I'm mad. Luckily I'm a FM-God so that doesn't happen.

This this this this this this this this this

Scouts with like 17+ Judge A and P are essential, training schedules are essential, match preparation is essential.

With Sutton United, I have a team with mentality set to 20 playing 4-4-2 and I'm still destroying motherfuckers here there and everywhere

elsk

Banned
I still like the part where I actually use the team to play the matches I want. So I think FM is just not for me right now.

I would love to be able to buy youth coaches and things like that, tho.

United have scored in the FAYC. 1-0, Jack Barmby with the goal. He's Nick Barmby's son and has scored in every round of the competition so far! Promising player.

This this this this this this this this this

Scouts with like 17+ Judge A and P are essential, training schedules are essential, match preparation is essential.

With Sutton United, I have a team with mentality set to 20 playing 4-4-2 and I'm still destroying motherfuckers here there and everywhere
Liar. I demand screenshots of every single game you've ever played with them and then maybe I'll consider believing you.

FM is serious business. I remember discovering Alexis Sanchez on there like 4 years ago. He was amazing and I fell in love with him through that game. When I saw him break through for real I wasn't even surprised. Barcelona are lucky, wait until he runs the length of the pitch to score the winner in the CL final, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Worth noting something similar happened with Ryan Babel and umm...yeah.

Ha. And I thought this was the only way to play FM.

Yen

I never touched training schedules in FM, match prep doesn't count. Does it really make a difference? I haven't played FM12 yet, bought it for my dad and was unaware that you can no longer have two copies of the game - steam and disc. Will play it flatout when exams are over.
My FM tactic is play Liverpool manager for about 5 years, win trophies/make club self-sufficient. Join a national team for 2 years. Then back to Liverpool to rebuild my dynasty.

Hixx

But no one knows Hungarian players. :( Gotta boost their street cred somehow!

wat

I just remember you posting about Coventry (unless I have imagined that). I know a lad from Coventry who has Hungarian ancestry and also supports Newcastle. It's a rather unique (or so I thought) combination...

Clegg

I think I've already mentioned that Chamakh scored 30 odd league goals in one of my FM seasons.

The game clearly isn't accurate enough.

I never touched training schedules in FM, match prep doesn't count. Does it really make a difference? I haven't played FM12 yet, bought it for my dad and was unaware that you can no longer have two copies of the game - steam and disc. Will play it flatout when exams are over.
Helps me develop my youth players. I usually don't buy anybody above the age of 23 on that game.

Ravel Morrison at Stamford Bridge tonight supporting the Academy boys. That's nice.

I don't touch the sliders myself. I just try to get each training category to five stars by assigning coaches based on their strengths.

ShogunX

Very similar in the way I play the game. I normally give the club a staff overhaul and bring in the best youth coaches around and start snapping up potential wonder kids and get them out on loan. It's good when you have been at a club for a few years and built a good relationship with your staff that when you leave they will also resign and move with you.

Latest game I'm playing - Got sacked from Malaga for finishing 5th despite European qualification being the target - Got offered the Wigan job who had been relegated - Took the job and got them promoted with Mauro Boselli scoring 30+ goals - Offered the Chelsea job and took that - Been there for five seasons with a top class youth setup and a couple of wonder kids lighting up the league - Probably going to move at the end of the summer and redeem myself somewhere in La Liga.

ANYWAY - Setting off at 4.45am to make it down to Wembley and it's gotten to the stage of ''I'm shitting myself''. It's going to be a day of Pure joy or Pure despair but either way I'm looking forward to the experience.

I know the majority of other teams supporters (+ on here) want Everton to win tomorrow so that would make it all the sweeter should the result go in our favour.

Yen

I don't touch the sliders myself. I just try to get each training category to five stars by assigning coaches based on their strengths.

Oh aye, forgot about the sliders, I change them. I also do the assign coaches business. I was wondering does anyone change the actual schedules as in five a side, drills etc. I've stayed away from the training page so long that I barely remember if those options are still available. I haven't played FM in about 18 months. Cold turkey.

United have scored in the FAYC. 1-0, Jack Barmby with the goal. He's Nick Barmby's son and has scored in every round of the competition so far! Promising player.

Liar. I demand screenshots of every single game you've ever played with them and then maybe I'll consider believing you.

FM is serious business. I remember discovering Alexis Sanchez on there like 4 years ago. He was amazing and I fell in love with him through that game. When I saw him break through for real I wasn't even surprised. Barcelona are lucky, wait until he runs the length of the pitch to score the winner in the CL final, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Helps me develop my youth players. I usually don't buy anybody above the age of 23 on that game.

Ravel Morrison at Stamford Bridge tonight supporting the Academy boys. That's nice.

Are you me?

Kyoufu

I know the majority of other teams supporters (+ on here) want Everton to win tomorrow so that would make it all the sweeter should the result go in our favour.

Only reason I'll cheer for ugly inbred scousers like Spearing tomorrow is because we want a Europa spot :p

Wilbur

Banned

Gonna boot up FM as soon as I can and prove this haha

Fry

I don't have the patience to play FM (anymore). The only football game I play nowadays is Fifa (online, 99% of the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom