• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I thought Willbury supported United?
Yeah the supports in quotes for a reason haha!

I go to Sutton United games a few times a season, and of course winning the Blue Square premier is nothing to be sniffed at

God can you imagine Kyoufu as a supporter of City or United? He'd want the fucking earth

Kyoufu

God can you imagine Kyoufu as a supporter of City or United? He'd want the fucking earth

Hahaha. I was actually thinking about it earlier. Tried to imagine myself being a Man United supporter. Had to shake my head because it wouldn't work. I wouldn't be used to winning all the time.

Man City are pretty much Newcastle in the 90s though. Great team, high ambitions, second place.

I go to Sutton United games a few times a season, and of course winning the Blue Square premier is nothing to be sniffed at

Farnborough are playing Sutton United last game of the season haha. Shall be down to have a look at the ground :)

He already does! For 50 million.

Fair, not having a go. But why do you support Liverpool, family reasons?

Luck of the draw to be honest, my brother decided to get into football and chose Arsenal, and I wanted a team who were good, had a good history but weren't so good at the time that I would clearly be a glory-hunter :D

And don't worry about OOT arguments, I've learned to handle myself elsewhere whenever its bought up :p

Also, glory hunters and OOters are completely fine by me, but I can't fucking stand people who couldn't give a rat's arse about football until you mention that you do, then suddenly its 'oh, we're Liverpool supporters too, that Michael owen's great isn't he? What do you mean its 2011?'

I know I'm not the greatest fan, but I care at least.

My helmet in desktop size is the most impressive sight in the man made world

I will be waiting. Remember that you have to send it to room 26 (important) and mark the letter "cucumbersauce", or else I won't open it for security.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cleansation

(WoodenLung if you want me to remove this just say and I will edit it out)

Haha it's fine. Was just too lazy to copy paste it at first as I can never remember by original steam name. Back when Steam was new they forced you to use your the word before @ in your email adress as your username and I have lost that email such a long time ago, so never use the name anymore and now stuck with that shit name, fuckers.

Btw I see you are playing CS:Go. Any good? Haven't even read many impressions on it, but used to play CS for hours each day in clans and shit.

immy

Banned
Luck of the draw to be honest, my brother decided to get into football and chose Arsenal, and I wanted a team who were good, had a good history but weren't so good at the time that I would clearly be a glory-hunter :D

Seems as good a reason as any. Hope you guys have a better season next year.

And don't worry about OOT arguments, I've learned to handle myself elsewhere whenever its bought up :p
How old are you? Early 20's?

I just got Fifa Street in, game is awesome.
Report back in a week.

Clegg

Can anyone recommend a good young LB on FM.

I'm playing as United so money isn't really a problem.

FM is mimicking real life now. Evra has turned shite and Fabio is always injured.

Haha it's fine. Was just too lazy to copy paste it at first as I can never remember by original steam name. Back when Steam was new they forced you to use your the word before @ in your email adress as your username and I have lost that email such a long time ago, so never use the name anymore and now stuck with that shit name, fuckers.

Btw I see you are playing CS:Go. Any good? Haven't even read many impressions on it, but used to play CS for hours each day in clans and shit.

I have only played about an hour of 1.6 and zero of source so for someone who is new to PC gaming I find it incredibly fun. I used to get annoyed at how bad I was at 1.6 but on this version I can keep my own so i enjoy it more :)

elsk

Banned
Can anyone recommend a good young LB on FM.

I'm playing as United so money isn't really a problem.

FM is mimicking real life now. Evra has turned shite and Fabio is always injured.

Alaba (Bayern), or Tremoulinas (Bordeaux) he's not that young but still good.
Criscito (Zenit) is the best young LB atm.

Huh what. That's not the name that's in your profile WoodenLung. You lied to us.

It's totally the one I have to use to sign in to steam. :(

I have only played about an hour of 1.6 and zero of source so for someone who is new to PC gaming I find it incredibly fun. I used to get annoyed at how bad I was at 1.6 but on this version I can keep my own so i enjoy it more :)

Ah alright. Will have to wait and see for myself, wonder if I can get back into that kind of FPS games.

Arnie

BeakerFreakout.gif

Supporting two teams is one of those mysteries I'll never fathom. Hell, I felt bad trying to think whether I wanted to support a team in the NFL, let alone the same sport. I'm just going to spectate the NFL, it would feel completely alien to root for any team other than Liverpool.

BeakerFreakout.gif

Supporting two teams is one of those mysteries I'll never fathom. Hell, I felt bad trying to think whether I wanted to support a team in the NFL, let alone the same sport. I'm just going to spectate the NFL, it would feel completely alien to root for any team other than Liverpool.

Yeah same here, and I know what you mean about the NFL thing. I'd find it difficult actually getting attached to a team I had no relation to!

immy

Banned
Don;t see how it can be much worse, league-wise tbh

Where are you from and who do you support btw?

I'm from Lower Early (Reading suburb), support Reading.

Hope with a few decent signings we'll be able to stay up next year. We'll never be as good as the first time we went up though.

BeakerFreakout.gif

I never understood it either. Down here there are a lot of people who sport both Reading and established Premier League teams. My best friend supports Man Utd and Reading to the extent that he was happy whether Reading won or lost, but I just can't imagine being in that situation with Liverpool. Sure, I want Reading to do well, but when it comes to competing with Liverpool, they can fuck off :p

immy

Banned
I never understood it either. Down here there are a lot of people who sport both Reading and established Premier League teams. My best friend supports Man Utd and Reading to the extent that he was happy whether Reading won or lost, but I just can't imagine being in that situation with Liverpool. Sure, I want Reading to do well, but when it comes to competing with Liverpool, they can fuck off :p

I think it has to do with the fact most people though Reading would never be a premeir league team when they started supporting them.

Arnie

Aye, I've got a few mates that support a lower league club and then a premier league club, but it still does my nut in. Like one friend who'll jump about the house when Hampton score a goal, and then he'll be similarly ecstatic when United score. And I'm left baffled, confused and astounded.

Like, how does that happen?

The reason I stopped playing FM 2012 is that they screwed up the Farnborough squad and that was who I wanted to play as :

So I am going to do what I do every year when I get bored of it...simulate a season till 25th December and take over who ever is bottom of the Premier League and see if I can keep them up.

Last time I tried I got Wigin put in administration :/

Hixx

i just went through this page and added about half a dozen people on steam

I've had Steam for 8 years and have like 5 friends
KuGsj.gif

foreveralone(sortof).jpg

immy

Banned
Any weakness that you think could be regularly exploited by teams in the PL?

We have a good defence but I think we may be a bit lacking going forward. It's hard to tell though as its been like we've two seasons this year.

I think how well we do will be a good measure of the quality of the premier league. This team is definitely poorer then the 06-07 team and I think if we don't invest big it's going to be a relegation battle the whole season. Maybe WBA will let us buy long back of them :p

Aye, I've got a few mates that support a lower league club and then a premier league club, but it still does my nut in. Like one friend who'll jump about the house when Hampton score a goal, and then he'll be similarly ecstatic when United score. And I'm left baffled, confused and astounded.

Like, how does that happen?

What's the common factor there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom