• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Guess mine :D

Bass.jpg

Clint Dempsey

United have scored in the FAYC. 1-0, Jack Barmby with the goal. He's Nick Barmby's son and has scored in every round of the competition so far! Promising player.

Liar. I demand screenshots of every single game you've ever played with them and then maybe I'll consider believing you.

FM is serious business. I remember discovering Alexis Sanchez on there like 4 years ago. He was amazing and I fell in love with him through that game. When I saw him break through for real I wasn't even surprised. Barcelona are lucky, wait until he runs the length of the pitch to score the winner in the CL final, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Worth noting something similar happened with Ryan Babel and umm...yeah.

i4yrIG3WOfZpB.jpg

You got nothing on me guurl, the true football manager legend, doing a lollerpool

iQlzhLID6QOdK.jpg

iRfl0T2LhYvWB.jpg

iRsC5qfuujAbx.jpg

ibiVRjOaOLBzUu.jpg

Most amazing however : I fixed Palermos defense. Look at that. 3 fucking goals against me in 11 matches, that's less than they usually let in during one match.

ida4U3FYReCLG.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
I got promoted from Blue Square South back to back into League Two, was predicted 24th and with exactly the same squad as two seasons ago came 18th. Bought lots of new players and now 7th after 10 games.

Worst thing about FM? The automatic loss of form twice a season where you can't buy a win for 6 games and the amount of last minute losses makes me want to shoot my own face off

Yen

My DL speed is normally 100kb/s but tonight it's 1.3kb/s. Wanted next Sunday's episode of Homeland so I can finish the series tomorrow, since I recorded the last 3 episodes on rté. gyugtuvjhvhg

You must have left the game idle for a lot of that, right? Otherwise you've been playing 12 hours a day since it came out!

That is not from FM12. But yeah, I idle all the fucking time in the game. Got it on right now despite not having clicked the continue button for at least 5 hours and often let it stay open when going to sleep too. Also helps that I used to play it in class, that palermo - united finale i played in class and the two other football nerds in the class were celebrating with me, best FM experience ever haha

True legends play FM2010.

I took our 2010 team and transformed it into a killing machine.

[IMG']http://i.minus.com/jSttM6H9wnWXN.png[/IMG]

Then I went on a killing streak with Liverpool - because I can.

[IMG']http://i.minus.com/jf8Wy2shm9n7X.png[/IMG]

In FM11 my first season in that as Copenhagen, brøndby managed to get relegated. Was fantastic but got bored after the first season, Copenhagen is are too easy to play.

Blablurn

That is not from FM12. But yeah, I idle all the fucking time in the game. Got it on right now despite not having clicked the continue button for at least 5 hours and often let it stay open when going to sleep too. Also helps that I used to play it in class, that palermo - united finale i played in class and the two other football nerds in the class were celebrating with me, best FM experience ever haha

sounds awesome :D

Chelsea are through to the FAYC final. Tonight's game was a 1-1 draw but Chelsea win 3-1 on aggregate. Bit sickening that, United had good chances to score 2nd and 3rd goals. Played much better tonight than in the 1st leg at OT. Good run from the Academy again though, this side doesn't have great players so they did well to get to the semi''s. Jack Barmby does look a talent though.

Piazon the stand out player for Chelsea. Would expect him to get some first team minutes before too long. Islam Feruz is good too, though I think he'll have to rein in his ego somewhat if he's to make it.

Chelsea are through to the FAYC final. Tonight's game was a 1-1 draw but Chelsea win 3-1 on aggregate. Bit sickening that, United had good chances to score 2nd and 3rd goals. Played much better tonight than in the 1st leg at OT. Good run from the Academy again though, this side doesn't have great players so they did well to get to the semi''s. Jack Barmby does look a talent though.

Piazon the stand out player for Chelsea. Would expect him to get some first team minutes before too long. Islam Feruz is good too, though I think he'll have to rein in his ego somewhat if he's to make it.

Daehli and Barmby look good. As does Blackett.

But there's no one truly amazing coming through.

rodvik

I downloaded the FM2012 demo, after 30 minutes I couldn't understand shit. Too much options and things going on. :(

Go to the manager options. Have your assistant take care of , press talks, all training and to begin with contracts.

Next keep hitting that next button. Agree to everything asked of you in backroom meetings.

For match setup, pick standard tactics you like then have the assistant pick the team for you. Also have the assistant pick roles etc.

Click thrugh the next ones have the assistant take team talk then play the game.

Over time you will want to start taking more and more bits away from the assistant but for now just focus on subs and tactics for the games.

what sort of player is barmby, viva?
Barmby is a wide player, left footed. He's neat on the ball. I'm not really sure who you could compare him too. I could see him moving into CM in the future a bit like Fletcher did, who also used to play wide in his youth career. Maybe that is the best comparison to a player in the current squad actually. Only problem is he isn't especially quick or a box of tricks. He's a good all round player and gets goals but I'm just not sure he's got one stand out quality which can really push him on. That said he is only 17 and he's been impressive for the Academy this year.

Daehli and Barmby look good. As does Blackett.

But there's no one truly amazing coming through.
Agreed. Last years team had alot of individual talent in it.

I like Daehli, he's a smart player. Hopefully he gets better as he fills out.

Arnie

The nerves are cutting me up right now, might get some chips and curry sauce to calm me down. Got a bit of work to take my mind of the game in the mean time. I'm expecting a fractured sleep tonight.

immy

Banned
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm Awesome Animals on Steam, and anyone can add me (yes, even you Wilbury). In fact, I want Wilbury to add me.

edit: Also, I'm getting nothing from yours WoodenLung.

Seeing as we are on the subject of Steam and this is my most visted thread (I also post sometimes :p) does anyone on here want a copy of the Super Monday Night Combat beta? I have 3 so first come first serve :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom