• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

immy

Banned
Yeah. Any current PL teams you have a soft spot for?

I really respect Arsenal for how they operate themselves. In terms of financial stability, their academy and they used to play wonderful football too. But it's great not actually supporting them though as I get to revel in their predictable collapses!

Clegg

Alaba (Bayern), or Tremoulinas (Bordeaux) he's not that young but still good.
Criscito (Zenit) is the best young LB atm.

Try Nicolai Boilesen. He is class on Fifa, it might be the same on FM.

Or Alaba.

Theophile or that young guy from Bilbao (Saborit?) are both awesome and young.

Alex Sandro, Criscito and Aly Cissokho.

Cheers guys.

I'll scout them for a month each then make a decision.

I've signed Sime Vrsjalko already.

He's boss.

I really respect Arsenal for how they operate themselves. In terms of financial stability, their academy and they used to play wonderful football too. But it's great not actually supporting them though as I get to revel in their predictable collapses!

They'd probably be my second favourite team if they didn't stop us winning trophies. I have massive respect for the club as a whole and Wenger, sometimes it seems like Ihave more respect for them than their own fans when I go on Arsenal-mania. Says more about football-fansites than it does about Arsenal fans as a whole though

I chose Chelsea because I was born in Twickenham and my Dad's friend got some tickets to the Chelsea vs Man United game in the 99/00 and since then I have supported them.

When I moved to Farnborough my first game was a local derby vs Aldershot and I said who ever won I would support and Farnborough won 1-0 :)

Haha I know multiple Chelsea fans who have "switched" to Man City.

Fair play if they can get enjoyment out of the inevitable titles heading their way, but I'll never be able to get my head around things like that. Someone at work was an Arsenal fan who liked Chelsea, then switched around after Arsenal got knocked out of the Champions League a couple of years ago. He's probably switched back to Arsenal by now, come to think of it

immy

Banned
They'd probably be my second favourite team if they didn't stop us winning trophies. I have massive respect for the club as a whole and Wenger, sometimes it seems like Ihave more respect for them than their own fans when I go on Arsenal-mania. Says more about football-fansites than it does about Arsenal fans as a whole though

Yeah they are always really bad. Also says alot about the club that instead of constantly talking about get a new stadium (chelsea, spurs, liverpool etc), they actually went and did it. Saying that though I do hope all those teams get new stadiums soon. It would be lovely to see.

I hope English football will follow a mixture of the German/Spanish model in the future. The German big stadiums and low prices mixed the strong technical ability of la liga.

WJD

Breaking Bad is pretty excellent. Just near the end of season 2 now and it's some of the best television I've watched in a while.

immy

Banned
Fair play if they can get enjoyment out of the inevitable titles heading their way, but I'll never be able to get my head around things like that. Someone at work was an Arsenal fan who liked Chelsea, then switched around after Arsenal got knocked out of the Champions League a couple of years ago. He's probably switched back to Arsenal by now, come to think of it

Nah why waste time, just support Barca so you know you are gonna win. A chelsea supporting mate now does that.

Nothing against Chelsea fans btw I know it seems like I'm having a rant!

Yeah they are always really bad. Also says alot about the club that instead of constantly talking about get a new stadium (chelsea, spurs, liverpool etc), they actually went and did it. Saying that though I do hope all those teams get new stadiums soon. It would be lovely to see.

I hope English football will follow a mixture of the German/Spanish model in the future. The German big stadiums and low prices mixed the strong technical ability of la liga.

I've never even been to Anfield, but I'd really like to redevelop Anfield if its an option over a new stadium. Even if it put our 'progress' back by a year or two, I think it'd be worth it.

Have you ever been to a gig at the Madejski btw? I went to see the Chilis there a few years ago and the acoustics were awful. Sorry for contributing to fucking the pitch up by being there btw :p

Breaking Bad is pretty excellent. Just near the end of season 2 now and it's some of the best television I've watched in a while.
It gets worse (somewhat unrealistic/trivial). To me, Mad Men & Boardwalk Empire are the pinnacle of television atm. BB is by no means a bad show though..

Hixx

Balotelli's brother reckons Mario himself is going to be on twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/mb45official

Bet he's boring as owt.

immy

Banned
I've never even been to Anfield, but I'd really like to redevelop Anfield if its an option over a new stadium. Even if it put our 'progress' back by a year or two, I think it'd be worth it.

Have you ever been to a gig at the Madejski btw? I went to see the Chilis there a few years ago and the acoustics were awful. Sorry for contributing to fucking the pitch up by being there btw :p

Yeah Anfield has so much history that it might be worth the hassle. Ha Reading games are always really quiet so it doesn't matter anyway!

dc89

Mario has a new Bentley. And a new mystery blond girl getting in to his Bentley.

article-2129245-1293F0AC000005DC-194_634x340.jpg

Arnie

My word, the transport logistics for the scouse fans sound like an absolute nightmare

My uncle and cousin went down this afternoon and stayed with a friend because they couldn't be arsed with the mega early start and the traffic tomorrow morning. Absolutely ridiculous, if the kick off had been at 4 it might not have been such a problem.

Just saw on twitter, tomorrow's Times headline is, "Police to investigate Bebe transfer" :lol
Fucking :lol.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't support any other team at all. I like if Bilbao, Roma and Juve win, and because Sutton Utd's 10 minutes away I'll go. But I wouldnt say I'm ecstatic or anything, it's only United I feel that for

Oxx

I don't support any team.

I had a brief period of Man Utd glory-hunting in the mid-to-late 90s, but I grew out of it.

Not surprised at all about the Bebe story. Sounded ridiculous from the start and him sacking his agent as well as Jorge Mendes being involved was clearly dodgy. Apparently it's because £3m of the transfer is unaccounted for.

Good. She's like the Deborah Morgan of Breaking Bad.

What's amazing about Dexter is that they managed to not make Deb the worst character on the show anymore. Not because they made her better of course, just because everything started sucking much harder. Still want to punch her in her stupid face every time she is in any scene, don't know why I keep watching the show, just want it to end already. :(

ShogunX

Can anyone recommend a good young LB on FM.

I'm playing as United so money isn't really a problem.

FM is mimicking real life now. Evra has turned shite and Fabio is always injured.

Christian Fuchs or César Azpilicueta - Cesar is a right back primarily though but can play Left back just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom