• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Suarez is talented, he has great ball control, but it's not like he's dribbling past 3-4 players, and he's definitely not a finisher.

Often makes the wrong choice, sometimes just dribbles straight into opponents.

I don't know how to rate him, really, I'd play him at the head of a midfield diamond with 2 proper strikers up front, maybe.

I like Suarez's football because he's the only one with some sort of flair in the stale Liverpool team.

I wouldn't bench him or sell him if I couldn't replace him with an equally decent player or better.

There are still other players I would rather have but none of them are in the Liverpool squad.

Kenny has to scout better and not just in England.

Wilbur

Banned
And you people asking for peace, I think we deserve a chance to bite back a little bit. The top poster in this thread spends half his time shit-talking Liverpool. Oh, I'm sorry, he doesn't hate Liverpool, he LIKES Liverpool, he just hates the manager, the star players, thinks our midfielder is ugly (god forbid), etc. etc.

I deserve my moment to troll and I'll enjoy it thank you very much. :)

also look at spearing lol

Salvadora

And you people asking for peace, I think we deserve a chance to bite back a little bit. The top poster in this thread spends half his time shit-talking Liverpool. Oh, I'm sorry, he doesn't hate Liverpool, he LIKES Liverpool, he just hates the manager, the star players, thinks our midfielder is ugly (god forbid), etc. etc.

I deserve my moment to troll and I'll enjoy it thank you very much. :)

I have a feeling it won't last long.

ATF487

Suarez has been garbage as a striker this season, in addition to being a moral blight upon the game in general.

A garbage has-been defender popping up to say they wouldn't trade him for anybody because he managed to tuck away a backpass is straight up funny.

top banter m8

Salazar

top banter m8

It was perhaps a bit hastily expressed, but it's not banter. I believe

a) Suarez's season has been an acute disappointment.
b) Carragher is way, way past it
c) To claim today's goal as a vindication of his talents is funny.

It's not fertile ground for discussion, though, so I'll drop it.

Aqcki9fCIAA12nz.jpg

Jones' new baby's growing up fast :p

Still blighting this thread with your bitter bile I see, Salazar.

I wish you guys wouldn't quote him, I have him on ignore. he's the first and only person I have on ignore.

I would say things but I think he would be a little punk and run off to the mods so it was best I just put him on ignore.

Kyoufu

Actually I'm just mind-blown you wouldn't swap Suarez for Cisse or Ba.

Scoring more goals and not being a cunt on the pitch (rugbytackle.gif) apparently isn't as good as Suarez.

GorillaJu

It was perhaps a bit hastily expressed, but it's not banter. I believe

a) Suarez's season has been an acute disappointment.
b) Carragher is way, way past it
c) To claim today's goal as a vindication of his talents is funny.

It's not fertile ground for discussion, though, so I'll drop it.

a) Liverpool's season has been a disappointment - Suarez has put in an MOTM performance every time he's on the pitch. We need to build around him - right now the strategy seems to be, give him the ball and hope something happens.

b) Yes. But this is the third or fourth time I've heard Carragher claim that Suarez is the best striker in the PL. Nothing new here.

c) Not sure where this is coming from at all. Vindication of his talents, for me, comes from his international performances, where he has a team that moves around him properly and fits his style.

Actually I'm just mind-blown you wouldn't swap Suarez for Cisse or Ba.

Scoring more goals and not being a cunt on the pitch (rugbytackle.gif) apparently isn't as good as Suarez.

Ba isn't anywhere near as good as Suarez. Cisse is a good finisher - the type you'd want to have alongside him, not a like for like swap. But there's no question that Suarez is better. Cisse is reaping the rewards of a well-functioning midfield.

Salazar

a) Liverpool's season has been a disappointment - Suarez has put in an MOTM performance every time he's on the pitch. We need to build around him - right now the strategy seems to be, give him the ball and hope something happens.

You could be (partially) right. You're definitely correct about the virtues of a non-dysfunctional midfield. God only knows we learned that against Wigan.

What? Salazar is one of the best posters in this thread.

I think Phoenix Fang and I got off to a bad start. My fault, largely.

Mastadon

Banned
I wish you guys wouldn't quote him, I have him on ignore. he's the first and only person I have on ignore.

I would say things but I think he would be a little punk and run off to the mods so it was best I just put him on ignore.

What? Salazar is one of the best posters in this thread.

FootballFan

Dayum.
24(22 yellows, 2 reds) players have been booked this season for fouls on Busquets, 2nd highest for Barca. After Messi who has gotten opponents booked 35 times(3 reds, 32 yellows)

Players must like hitting Biscuit, or he might just enjoy milking it :p Either way, that's quite a lot of cards.

WJD

Suarez is a monumental cunt. But he's also a very good player minus his finishing and I think people are letting his personality cloud their views of him as a player. Good touch, excellent balance, ball skills and he'll run all day - I absolutely despise him, but he's pretty brilliant up until that final ball.

No he isn't. Don't make me say what I really think of him.

Oh please do.

GorillaJu

I really hate discussions about liking or disliking forum members, but I will just say that I don't think there's a single poster in this thread worthy of being put on ignore, except one, and he doesn't post much anyway.

And I enjoy my mid-day discussions with Salazar, who is on the same time zone.

Kyoufu

Ba isn't anywhere near as good as Suarez. Cisse is a good finisher - the type you'd want to have alongside him, not a like for like swap. But there's no question that Suarez is better. Cisse is reaping the rewards of a well-functioning midfield.

You do realise Cisse was one of Bundesliga's top scorers with a bottom of the league club right?

His record speaks for itself.

edit: and for the record, you're welcome to put me on ignore if you want. Not stopping anyone.

FootballFan

Also lol Busquets. He asks for it sometimes

And that's why we love him.

:eek: Ignore lists? What is this you guys speak of.
Football-gaf is all good in my books. But some posters in the off-topic sections annoy me. The ones that post in every thread, trying to make jokes/puns every time or just controversial comments. Very yawn-worthy.

Clegg

This is rather hilarious, coming from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom