• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schalke 1-2 Dortmund

untitled-18hdyma.gif

FootballFan

It's not hate. I'm just comparing what I've seen between two players. Of the two, I think Song has had a better season.

Didn't ManCitys season go downhill when Yaya was away for ACN ? Yaya's complete-ness is scary. He can play so many positions and has so many different abilities, it's impressive. The fact that he is tall, strong and fast helps too.

Song is great though, but imo not Yaya great. He won Man City the FA cup last time with his winning goals in the Semi vs ManU and in the Final against Stoke.

Didn't ManCitys season go downhill when Yaya was away for ACN ? Yaya's complete-ness is scary. He can play so many positions and has so many different abilities, it's impressive. The fact that he is tall, strong and fast helps too.

Song is great though, but imo not Yaya great. He won Man City the FA cup last time with his winning goals in the Semi vs ManU and in the Final against Stoke.
Michael-Carrick_2658439.jpg

He owes Michael a drink.

GorillaJu

The only thing with Yaya is that if he gets frustrated, he's a real liability. He can completely disappear from a game, give away stupid fouls, give away possession, etc.

As a player, he's fantastic. And I think he's better than Song. But Song deserves credit for what he's done for Arsenal this season. It was Song's perfectly-weighted passes that got Arsenal their wins over Everton, Liverpool, and a few others this season. Games that they weren't going to win without it.

FuturusX

Yaya's shooting, goal scoring and driving runs puts him well ahead for me....

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fake-Liverpool are going to bend over to Milan tonight. Tradition.

5719372506_d418ab85bf.jpg

Seaman.
Rodrigo-Palacio-un-campione-con-tanti-piani-da-scalare.jpg

Gilardino
Juventus-Target-Gilardino.jpg

Frey8
Sebastien-Frey.jpg

DO SOMETHING

Gilardino, do anything. I'd take that too you know

I feel like Song is inching into RVP's credit here.

Song's passes were great no doubt, but let's be honest, when the ball was dropping onto RVP's foot he had absolutely no right to send the ball crashing into the back of the net on either of those two goals. Song picked out some great passes but they were made greater cos RVP worked some miracles with that left foot.

Anyway, RVP is playing for Man City next season so Yaya will have his chance to show us what kind of through balls he can serve up.

Manager

The only thing with Yaya is that if he gets frustrated, he's a real liability. He can completely disappear from a game, give away stupid fouls, give away possession, etc.

As a player, he's fantastic. And I think he's better than Song. But Song deserves credit for what he's done for Arsenal this season. It was Song's perfectly-weighted passes that got Arsenal their wins over Everton, Liverpool, and a few others this season. Games that they weren't going to win without it.

How many times have you seen Yaya be frustrated? I'm having trouble finding memories of this. I know he had two or three games in a row in February or something where he was pissed off on the pitch, but that's it.

Here's stats from new year, before he left for ACON:
YAYA-PASSING.jpg

90% pass completion. If anything, Yaya is having his best season.

YAYA-DEFENSIVE.jpg

102 minutes per lost ball.

Zabojnik

It probably wouldn't have mattered, but apparently the ambulance arrived a bit late because a police car was blocking the entrance to the pitch. Only in Italy.

1334414409689_1.jpg

FootballFan

It probably wouldn't have mattered, but apparently the ambulance arrived a bit late because a police car was blocking the entrance to the pitch. Only in Italy.

Ugh..That is annoying to see. Stadiums should all have Ambulance, paramedics, equipment etc all ready for every match.

Meier

When Yaya was away, Silva ended up struggling due to having to carry such a heavy load. No doubt that Yaya's absence was largely responsible for the team's troubles. Kompany being out for some time didn't help either.

Oh man, that's so sad :(

R.I.P. Morosini.

West Ham 5-0 up now, fantastic goal by Vaz Te for his hat-trick and Cole's shot took a deflection of Lansbury's heel for the 5th.

Game over. 9 to 6 points advantage (depends on how Bayern plays later today) with 3 games to.
Schalke was disgusting as always, Farfan and Jones should've been sent off.
Gräfe (the ref) is a joke..

Be such a relief if venkys and kean go once we go down, even if it means administration and a relegation to league one at least id get a season ticket then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom