• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Liverpool getting in to the FA Cup final means 6th is guaranteed Europe providing Chelsea don't win the Champions League and finish outside of the top 4 whilst doing so (which won't happen) so...

CONGRATULATIONS NEWCASTLE FANS, WE'RE IN EUROPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

ciT0j.jpg

kottila

why don't Robben get a uniform that's at least one size larger?

edit: damn, i clicked the italian link. shouldn't have done that.

Blablurn

why don't Robben get a uniform that's at least one size larger?

edit: damn, i clicked the italian link. shouldn't have done that.

i think the deal with those tight shirts is to support the players muscles or something like that. anyway, that was a fucking boring first half. to be honest, it feels like the season is over. but there are still some more games against madrid and dortmund that actually matter. feels strange.

kottila

i think the deal with those tight shirts is to support the players muscles or something like that. anyway, that was a fucking boring first half. to be honest, it feels like the season is over. but there are still some more games against madrid and dortmund that actually matter. feels strange.

sounds just as useful as the nose band-aids and that goo that some players had on the front of their shirts one year. Robben looks like he has a body like me in that shirt, dosen't do him any good

sneaky77

The tight shirts is usually to make it harder for defenders to grab the jerseys

Hixx

Oh god. A draw with Wolves. Who came to play for a draw which fucking baffled me as they NEED wins. A draw gets them nowt...

Blablurn

The Adidas TECHFIT PowerWEB Tee is a high-end performance-oriented shirt that is available in a number of styles including short sleeve, long sleeve and no sleeve designs. It features a number of technologies designed to facilitate active movement including ClimaCool, TECHFIT and PowerWEB technology.

edit: beaten

Mr. Sam

CONGRATULATIONS NEWCASTLE FANS, WE'RE IN EUROPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

ciT0j.jpg

I would also like to take the occasion to congratulate fellow Charlton fans (ha!) on getting into the Championship. As glamorous as the Champion's League? Perhaps not - but it has the word "Champion" in it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
In Italy there is mandatory cardiac screening for all young people engaged in organized sport. What went wrong here?

Labadal

I saw that both Serie A games got postponed, so I had to find out why. I hoped the reason wouldn't something like this. :(

R.I.P. Morosini.

When a player falls over or anything that seems weird happens and no one is even close to the player, the medical staff should just screw the rules and run to help the player. A life's more important than a fucking football game, and I fucking love football.

How long did it take for a medic to to the player? I don't want to watch the video posted.

I would also like to take the occasion to congratulate fellow Charlton fans (ha!) on getting into the Championship. As glamorous as the Champion's League? Perhaps not - but it has the word "Champion" in it.

Yeah, congrats - glad to see you guys climbing back up. I've always had a soft spot for Charlton, despite them being from saaaath of the river, enjoyed watching them back when Curbishley had you in the Prem. Would be good see West Ham vs Charlton in the top tier again one day :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When a player falls over or anything that seems weird happens and no one is even close to the player, the medical staff should just screw the rules and run to help the player. A life's more important than a fucking football game

When a player falls over or anything that seems weird happens and no one is even close to the player, the medical staff should just screw the rules and run to help the player. A life's more important than a fucking football game

Slizz

In Italy there is mandatory cardiac screening for all young people engaged in organized sport. What went wrong here?

In all honesty probably nothing. Lots of cases with sudden cardiac arrests from perfectly healthy individuals.

There was a story about a high school kid who played baseball, basketball, and football. Hit the game winning shot in a basketball game one day, went home and died in his sleep from cardiac arrest. Perfectly healthy kid with no previous signs of heart problems.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
In all honesty probably nothing. Lots of cases with sudden cardiac arrests from perfectly healthy individuals.

There was a story about a high school kid who played baseball, basketball, and football. Hit the game winning shot in a basketball game one day, went home and died in his sleep from cardiac arrest. Perfectly healthy kid with no previous signs of heart problems.

genetics bro.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh god. A draw with Wolves. Who came to play for a draw which fucking baffled me as they NEED wins. A draw gets them nowt...

You've failed to score in 4 out of your last 5 now. I didn't see the game today but it sounds like the Spurs game. I thought Sunderland would win today for sure, I didn't know the goals had dried up for you (save the City game).

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Barcaaaaaaaaaa

I'd never thought I'll read this coming from a strict BAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN....fan.

BARCAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Hala madrid??? No no...hala chingada con Madrid!!
:p

That was in Michigan and he collapsed on the court while the team and fans were celebrating :(

EDIT: http://msn.foxsports.com/other/stor...r-dies-after-hitting-game-winning-shot-030311

sneaky77

I saw that both Serie A games got postponed, so I had to find out why. I hoped the reason wouldn't something like this. :(

R.I.P. Morosini.

When a player falls over or anything that seems weird happens and no one is even close to the player, the medical staff should just screw the rules and run to help the player. A life's more important than a fucking football game, and I fucking love football.

How long did it take for a medic to to the player? I don't want to watch the video posted.

Not to be cynical, but if that happens then players will begin fainting in the middle of counterattacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom