• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

lahm, kroos, ribery and gomez out. mainz already won. lol

edit: just read about morisini. just awful. rip

Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Contento - Tymoshchuk, Schweinsteiger - Alaba, Müller, Robben - Olic

Müller - Pospech, Kirchhoff, Noveski, Zabavnik - Baumgartlinger, Soto - Müller, Ivanschitz, Caligiuri - Szalai

scarybore

It probably wouldn't have mattered, but apparently the ambulance arrived a bit late because a police car was blocking the entrance to the pitch. Only in Italy.

1334414409689_1.jpg

That's awful. What's the setup for things like this in Italy? Is it as it sounds and you have to call an ambulance or is there always one on site? If problems did occur, I can only hope the football authorities and emergency services learn from them and make changes to how they operate at football matches.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Pele says this guy is better than Messi, so you are wrong. He is above Messi.

most people have probably figured this out but Pele talks a load of fucking shit and has done for years.

dc89

City were swashbuckling today. Lots of wonderful goals.

Tevez is just a marvelous cunt.

10 - In the three PL games that Tevez & Aguero have started together, the pair have netted 10 goals between them (Aguero 7, Tevez 3). Combo.

222 - Carlos Tevez has scored 4 goals & delivered 2 assists in 222 mins of play in the Premier League since coming back last month. Quality.

From Opta

Blablurn

Neuer - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Contento - Tymoshchuk, Schweinsteiger - Alaba, Müller, Robben - Olic

Müller - Pospech, Kirchhoff, Noveski, Zabavnik - Baumgartlinger, Soto - Müller, Ivanschitz, Caligiuri - Szalai

Too bad usami doesnt get a chance

I just found out about Morosini, rip.
That's awful. What's the setup for things like this in Italy? Is it as it sounds and you have to call an ambulance or is there always one on site? If problems did occur, I can only hope the football authorities and emergency services learn from them and make changes to how they operate at football matches.
Afaik, there should always be at least one ambulance in every "official" sport event.

Madridy

Just saw the replay of what happened in that Livorno match w/o realizing what was happening as I was watching the studio before the AC Milan game.

Disturbing, absolutely disturbing images. I shed tears watching him and how he was trying to fight for his life and trying to stand up after being hit with whatever that hit him.

RIP Morosini.

Wilbur

Banned
I hope that's not what I think it is...

I'm not clicking it.

It's not loading on my computer but I would assume it'll be showing fans and players rather than the player himself. Nothing wrong with posting it alone.

Terribly sad though. All Serie A cancelled, or just tomorrows?

Paracelsus

It's not loading on my computer but I would assume it'll be showing fans and players rather than the player himself. Nothing wrong with posting it alone.

It actually shows the entire thing, Morosini tried to go right back up twice then he had to give up. Just terrible.

Zabojnik

All Serie A, B ... matches cancelled, tomorrow's included.

WJD

Yeah, both parents died when he was young and both his brothers had handicaps, one of the two is still alive.

You are lucky you can't quite get the commentary

"He's moving his legs, no prob" only to see him going flat dead few moments after.

Jesus christ. That remaining brother :(

I knew I shouldn't have watched that :s. I shed tears. That's disturbing :(

I couldn't even watch the whole thing. It's really depressing hearing about anyone dying especially someone so young and haven't lived their life yet.

Yeah, both parents died when he was young and both his brothers have handicaps, one of the two is still alive.

That's really sad. Watching some of the video and then reading your post made tears roll down from my eyes.

Some people think I'm weird for shedding tears for people I don't even know.

I actually double checked and it turns out his sister is the one still alive, his brother killed himself years ago.

I feel really bad so I don't even want to imagine what his sister is feeling right now.

Paracelsus

Jesus christ. That remaining brother :(

I actually double checked and it turns out his sister is the one still alive, his brother killed himself years ago.

Any word on the cause? Thought I read something about drugs earlier..?

Both his brothers have handicaps, not unlikely that he had some heart disease it didn't surface until now.

Kweh

The ref is oblivious to what is happening in that video and doesn't turn round and look for ages, despite the shouts from the teammate.

Stimpy

Really sad :(

When stuff like that happens the medical team should just screw the ref and just run on who cares about a whistle at that point.

IceCold

Man that's terrible. RIP.

This type of stuff scares me because in most cases people don't know they have heart problems until it's too late :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom