• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't understand how it's disrespectful in the slightest. Racism, sexism, homophobia, the death of people, wishing injury, etc etc: don't do that. But mocking the plight of another club? What about Swansea singing at Blackburn today? It's part of the atmosphere at football matches.

Fantomex

hahaha alright then yeah. Because me saying that about Barca means I absolve everything United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans do. They're not mutually exclusive.

Just drop the holier then though attitude.Go back to sex talk like you usually do and all will be back to normal :)

Wilbur

Banned
Just drop the holier then though attitude.Go back to sex talk like you usually do and all will be back to normal :)

Wasn't holier than though attitude at all though, was it? I didn't say I was appalled by the behaviour of Barcelona and Madrid fans, or that it was wrong. I merely commented.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I just woke up from a nap to watch Udinese-Napoli. I take it all Serie A matches are postponed for the remainder of the weekend?

bjaelke

"Real Madrid has won the last 40 league games in which Gonzalo Higuain has scored. Last defeat May 2009 Osasuna 2-1"

They should start him against Barcelona
just to ruin the statistics

neoanarch

I wasn't giving my opinion on what they were doing, just explaining to someone what it meant. ;)

Sorry wasn't directed at you, but to those who have a problem with it. Whats next its disrespectful of Real to win by more than one goal? If Gijon manages to get a result from this the table will be turned and the Gijon fans will have a field day with Real fans.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

untitled-6rojaa.gif

I don't understand how it's disrespectful in the slightest. Racism, sexism, homophobia, the death of people, wishing injury, etc etc: don't do that. But mocking the plight of another club? What about Swansea singing at Blackburn today? It's part of the atmosphere at football matches.

Swansea sang at us?

Now I feel sad and disrespected

feel

Fuck that shit, no way Madrid will win a Classico at Camp Nou, not with the same generation of players that still has nightmares about de 5-0. We gotta win today and secure the 1 point lead post Classico.

IMO there's not really too much wrong with chanting about another team getting relegated. It's a bit cheap but in general football is not a sport renowned for its class. It's a bit of fun and that's it. No big deal IMO.

Only thing I'd say is Gjion probably have no real relevance to Real so it's not exactly like they'll be getting much joy for their relegation like a rivals relegation might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom