• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real might be winning 3-1, but if they put in this kind of performance against Barca they will be down to 10/9 men for sure. Marcelo with the sliding tackle from behind, smh.

Salvadora

This one looks painful, seems more like he put his foot wrongly on the ground more than a dive :/~

You can clearly see he tries to hit the ball too, and he had no reason to dive there, he had an excellent angle there.

I've done a similar movement with my foot before and its nearly killed me.

Out of interest, how many times has a team come frombehind to beat Barca under Pep?

Mourinho's Inter @ CL's semi-final. Real has made it 2-2 from being down 2-0 at Camp Nou with Mourinho too.

I can't remember other teams because I don't usually watch many, I mainly watch Real, Barça, Man Utd, Chelsea...

Those two were the only ones I could find right now, my point is even though he might feel a touch, he still goes down like his been shot which is a dive in my view. Ashley Young was touched from behind, just barely, and he went down like he was hit which counts as a dive.

Anyway I was just trying to point out that his diving tactics haven't changed much, just that he does it less. The only thing I would say he needs to cut out of his game.

Benzema Goal 3-1

untitled-12a7lr1.gif

Those two were the only ones I could find right now, my point is even though he might feel a touch, he still goes down like his been shot which is a dive in my view. Ashley Young was touched from behind, just barely, and he went down like he was hit which counts as a dive.

Anyway I was just trying to point out that his diving tactics haven't changed much, just that he does it less. The only thing I would say he needs to cut out of his game.

Yeah he dives, like so many players do. It's fine to admit he does, it's all over the place in football. It's an awful part of the sport.

Pretty much impossible to say Ronaldo doesn't dive. Almost impossible to say that about any player. He does, just it's very occasional especially compared to earlier on in his career.

It's ridiculous to say he doesn't ever dive. What's also ridiculous is to say he's some kind of serial diver who's at it a few times every game...he isn't and there are 3/4 other Real Madrid players who are so it seems strange to single out Ronaldo and not them.

We all know why and how this works though.

sneaky77

man, madrid's offense is looking good :/ thinking about tuesday is making me more and more depressed.

Actually I think Bayern has a good shot to be honest because no way Arbeloa stops Ribery or Marcelo / Coentrao stop robben, I believe Coentrao will start that match too

rififi

The majority of forwards will do the same if they lose balance within the box. Should it still be considered diving? probably, but Ronaldo isn't alone in doing this. Plus, he just falls over - if I can remember correctly, he doesn't roll around grasping at his legs. Falling over in the box is still nothing compared to his glorious ballerina-esque dives at United.

rififi

Throwing Varane in is a big risk. Albiol is a good shout but Arbeloa is experienced enough to handle it. Marcelo needs to start though.

One of my biggest concerns with Arbeloa is he makes poor decisions when he gets beaten by a forward or when he is under pressure by another player. While Varane is young and inexperienced, he at least has the pace to keep up with forwards and pressure them if they get past him.
Also, I would rather not have Ramos in the center because he likes to get involved with the attack a bit too often, which would create way too many gaps to be taken advantage of - in the game today, I saw Ramos, Marcelo and Arbeloa all past midfield at the same time with only Pepe to control the defensive line.

I didn't see the goal but both teams have been on the same level: losing with a PK. Let's see how Barça reacts.

I'm now watching the game. (Benfica is playing at the same time but it's going on HT soon)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Honestly this makeshift Barca defense looks dodgy. If they play with 3 at the back I can see Drogba causing real problems.

Arnie

Built £23 in my Skybet account from an initial £5. Going to withdraw now and not risk losing most of it tomorrow. I'll put it towards a Chinese or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom