• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they also never had success on national level before Platini & then at the WC in their country in 98.
Football might not have been as popular in France back in the day. They have Tour de France and don't they also like Rugby?

They've always struggled to keep their best players and attract the best foreigners as well. How are the finances for the average 3rd place team in France, are they enough to attract the best? PSG excepted, of course

immy

Banned
1. Spain
2. England
3. Germany
4. Italy
5. France
6. Russia

Germany did even worse then England this year in the champs league, can't be 2nd.

Noirulus

FT: Barca 2 - Levante 1

Some questionable decisions by the referee, but a well-fought game by Levante. It'd be nice to see them in the champions league.

They've always struggled to keep their best players and attract the best foreigners as well. How are the finances for the average 3rd place team in France, are they enough to attract the best? PSG excepted, of course

But same thing happens/happened in Holland & Portgual, yet their teams won quite a few European cups:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Champions_League#Winners
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uefa_cup#Winners
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Cup_Winners'_Cup#Records_and_statistics
How many cups did French teams win?

I maintain that the main reason is that Football just wasn't all that big in France before the 80ies. For instance: PSG was founded in 1970.

Btw. how many French users participate in footy gaf? Yeah..

Scum

1. Spain
2. Germany
3. England
4. Italy
5. France

France has a league?

ohyou.jpg

Yen

Aberdeen versus Hibs. Going to turn over now.
Edit: Bowfinger is on rté 2, don't know how long it's been on for. Think it only started.
Edit2: Fairly certain that is a mid-90s RDJ

I don't know what the best league or whatever all I know is that the quality of football played in the Spanish league is so far ahead of England is just ridiculous.

Whether that would get them the results or not I don't know but it's seriously depressing when their lower level teams knock the ball around as well as the top teams in England.

Slizz

Second best thread on Gaf might just be IronGAF....

One of the few threads I lurk religiously and some one just posted a recipe for these:

korean-burger-ck-1646413-x.jpg

Korean BBQ burgers?! Yes please, I'll be grilling these tomorrow.

Recipe

Scum

I don't know what the best league or whatever all I know is that the quality of football played in the Spanish league is so far ahead of England is just ridiculous.

Whether that would get them the results or not I don't know but it's seriously depressing when their lower level teams knock the ball around as well as the top teams in England.

And this for me, is the reason why I'd put the Spanish league above the English. I like the league we have just for the competition it generates from 1st all the way to 20th. But everything else football pales in comparison to what is being done in Spain.

Pumped for the big one tomorrow United GAF.

The Villa supporters here are nice guys but nothing pleases me more than seeing McLeish's sides getting trounced because of his ineptitude.

Unleash the ClevGod/Pogba etc.

Wessiej

Second best thread on Gaf might just be IronGAF....

One of the few threads I lurk religiously and some one just posted a recipe for these:

korean-burger-ck-1646413-x.jpg

Korean BBQ burgers?! Yes please, I'll be grilling these tomorrow.

Recipe

Holy balls, perfect food for the match tomorrow. Will make it.

Salazar

ClevGod did deliver unto Danny two, perhaps three, chances for redemption in the last match, but Danny, wilful like Lucifer, spurned him.

Chicha was worse, tho. I say Welbz gets the go-ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom