• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players coming up from the academy is damn rare. Welbeck and Cleverley are two already. Pogba and Morrison should have been the 2 others for sure. That would have been 4 players across about 4 years. Sadly the latter two are gone. It's sad. I'm gonna cry. Anymore coming through would have been surprising.

Fabio going on loan next season apparently.
Noooooooooo.

Can't say I totally agree with you on that one. I don't think he or Pogba are shit. I'd be sad to lose both.
My posting in the last half hour has been largely just me being stupid. Pogba is ace and I'm mad. Also my work is driving me nuts and I have a horrible feeling about tmrw.

Salazar

. It's sad. I'm gonna cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMqSXkv_WPU&feature=related

xez2r.jpg

A world with Laure in it is nothing to cry over.

Clegg

Fabio going on loan next season apparently.

I refuse to believe this.

It would leave us with Evra as our only proper LB.

Evra was once a phenomenal defender but hes gone to shit over the past 18 months.

I'd rather not have to watch his Bambi on ice impression every time a player runs at him.

Fuck everything if we have to depend on Evra alone for a whole season.

I refuse to believe this.

It would leave us with Evra as our only proper LB.

Evra was once a phenomenal defender but hes gone to shit over the past 18 months.

I'd rather not have to watch his Bambi on ice impression every time a player runs at him.

Fuck everything if we have to depend on Evra alone for a whole season.
I won't watch football next season if Fabio goes out on loan and we don't buy a fullback.

Salazar

Vida being back will help Evra.

In some degree, because Vida transparently doesn't need and doesn't want Evra drifting in (a mild phrase for what he does, which more or less amounts to hiding) out of position.

Viva are you drunk?

I didn't want to be the first one to ask.
On 6 Man City goals, yes.

I'm a Muslim btw, I don't drink!

Vida being back will help Evra.

In some degree, because Vida transparently doesn't need and doesn't want Evra drifting in (a mild phrase for what he does, which more or less amounts to hiding) out of position.
Evra has totally lost it. Even with Vidic he does that stupid drifting in thing. I remember so many occasions when Rio and Vidic are telling him to get wide and he just doesn't. Pedro's goal in the CL final is one such example. Evra's defending on that goal was truly terrible.

elseanio

Just back from the pub after Wembley, what an amazing day. We didn't play too well in the first half but form is completely irrelevant in a derby I'm just happy to win, I can't imagine what the trip back must have been like for them after losing, it was certainly a lot easier for us.

Just happy to be in the final, I'll be annoyed if I don't get a ticket which is looking like a possibility due to the FA's brilliant decision to give a larger proportion of the tickets to corporate than to actual fans of the two teams.

You have 3 stubs and the semi now? Final will probably be around 25k, so that's 6000 who went the semi who won't get a ticket :-(

K1LLER7

^ hope it's not true, that'll only leaves us with Carrick and Cleverly at CM. Ando's broken and Giggs should retire if intends to play in a 2 man midfield again.

Fabio's loan confirmed on the United website

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that Fabio is set to leave the club on loan next season.
The Brazilian defender has had a couple of outings at Reserves level recently but has made only one Barclays Premier League appearance this year - as a second-half substitute for Patrice Evra in the 5-0 win at Wolves.

The manager is wary that the 21-year-old needs regular football at this stage of his career and is willing to farm him out to another club in time for the 2012/2013 campaign. After appearing in the Champions League final against Barcelona last season, the full-back has made 15 appearances this term, with many of them coming in Europe or the Carling Cup.

"I hope that Fabio will develop the same way as his twin [Rafael] and, to help him, he will go out on loan next season to give him concentrated first-team experience," the boss wrote in his exclusive column in Sunday's United Review, the official matchday programme.

"I have already talked to him and he understands the value of playing regularly at a higher level than we can give him at the moment."
we better buy a new LB :(

rodvik

Would be a shame to sell Krul. He has been so crucial to our season. I don't know if there are any goalkeepers worthy of 50 million as a replacement.

I think you could find a replacement very easily. Very good goalkeepers are the one thing that the Premier League has a lot of this season for some reason. Speaking of which looks like we could lose Guzan this summer :( Really sucks I think he maybe a hair better than Given.

Kyoufu

I think you could find a replacement very easily. Very good goalkeepers are the one thing that the Premier League has a lot of this season for some reason. Speaking of which looks like we could lose Guzan this summer :( Really sucks I think he maybe a hair better than Given.

I can't wait for the transfers to start rolling. Excited to see who we bring in. Should be a fun time for everyone (that has money).

Regarding Given... I don't know about him now but when he joined Newcastle he was incredible. Short but could save almost anything. Made a nice change from Shaka Hislop and Srnicek(sp?) lol

It's really not. If we genuinely fix our CM problem, I have no issue with having weaker LB coverage. I'd swap problems any day of the week.
Sorry, I meant what if we have both problems.

Fergie hasn't fixed the CM and it's been shit for a couple of years now at least. Imagine the same happened at LB.

Salazar's right though. We're spending 100m this summer.

Clegg

Fergie hasn't fixed the CM and it's been shit for a couple of years now at least. Imagine the same happened at LB.

United have been heavily linked with Nathaniel Clyne. But hes a RB.

I agree that United will be spending again this Summer.

We don't have £100m to spend though.

K1LLER7

we don't need to spend anything, we've got Bebe and he's learnt how to cross the ball.

Giggs will spend his retirement scooping up reality tv gurlz.

The thing is, Bebe was involved in the Portuguese youth international setup. How the fuck.
I think he scored for them too! Was actually a good finish if I remember correctly...or maybe he miss hit it...

Clegg

Fabio played in the fucking Champions League final last season.

Now hes being sent on loan?

Doesn't make much sense to me.

FootballFan

My lord.

And you are a Madrid fan?

I really get mad when I see bullshit comments like this that are really complaining about robberies. Worst thing is that they believe they own stories.

Madrid and Barcelona steal the othe 18 teams at the same level.

Puppet-master Mou and Karanka have sung the song for too long.

I hate going to Bernabeu and see guys around me complaining about conspiracies and shit. Disgusting.

A proper well-thought comment about the situation.

Thank you for not being blind SpanishWrath.
Though I suggest you take PantyPhantoms posts lightly, everything is a foul/red against Madrid and nothing is a foul/red against Barca according to most posts I have read. So I think he is just joking most the time.

God-Damn.. just thinking about El Clasico and all the things that will be said. Can't wait...

I think he scored for them too! Was actually a good finish if I remember correctly...or maybe he miss hit it...

I'm going to say something highly controversial here: I don't think Bebe's that shit. He's not United quality and I think he's probably no better than the likes of Obertan but I'd take him over a lot of the other shite in the Prem right now.

Fabio played in the fucking Champions League final last season.

Now hes being sent on loan?

Doesn't make much sense to me.
He played quite well too. Good point though, wtf is that about. I agree he needs more minutes but I don't see why that couldn't or shouldn't happen at United.

Anyway, onto more pressing matters. I thought tmrws game was a 1.30 kick off but it's 4pm which means I can't watch the semi-final too. Rubbish! I'd love to see us line up a bit like..

DDG

Smalling Evans Rio Rafael

Valencia Carrick Scholes Nani

Young Rooney

Evra is just crap and I think Rafael can play LB so that could work, though it probably is better to just stick with Evra as frustrating as it is at times. I also want to see Smalling get some minutes, I really think he's great. Young with Rooney up front would be interesting, Welbeck and Hernandez are playing poorly and Young's looked good lately. Could work.

I'm going to say something highly controversial here: I don't think Bebe's that shit. He's not United quality and I think he's probably no better than the likes of Obertan but I'd take him over a lot of the other shite in the Prem right now.
And you thought I was drunk?

elsk

Banned
Heh, I missed the Bayern "we don't care anymore" match. At least the lads got a rest.
Hoping for the best, tuesday sure is going to be incredible.

FootballFan

Bebe? Isn't he the guy who can't send the ball to another player? :lol

Bebe really disappointed me, I was expecting something big after all the talk :lol

ManUnited should go after Hamsik, Thiago, Banega, Cazorla etc Those are the kinda players missing.(creative)

edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkPUE1wVlo4&feature=related

Ashley Young could learn a few things about directness, I'll say that much.

I know it's against Wolves but United playing some pretty good football there.

He played quite well too. Good point though, wtf is that about. I agree he needs more minutes but I don't see why that couldn't or shouldn't happen at United.

Anyway, onto more pressing matters. I thought tmrws game was a 1.30 kick off but it's 4pm which means I can't watch the semi-final too. Rubbish! I'd love to see us line up a bit like..

DDG

Smalling Evans Rio Rafael

Valencia Carrick Scholes Nani

Young Rooney

Evra is just crap and I think Rafael can play LB so that could work, though it probably is better to just stick with Evra as frustrating as it is at times. I also want to see Smalling get some minutes, I really think he's great. Young with Rooney up front would be interesting, Welbeck and Hernandez are playing poorly and Young's looked good lately. Could work.

And you thought I was drunk?

Well I am drunk.

He strikes me as an Ashley Young style player. The direct opposite of 'flattering to deceive'. Looks a bit rubbish but actually does reasonably useful things. 2 goals in 7 appearances despite being a terrible winger and never having played in the Premier League strikes me as someone who can play at that level at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom