• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

ClevGod did deliver unto Danny two, perhaps three, chances for redemption in the last match, but Danny, wilful like Lucifer, spurned him.

I'd like to see him, Scholes and Carrick together tomorrow considering none of our strikers are in form. Then again, it's unlikely we'd play anything but 4-4-2 at home.

Salazar

You going to be up for the game tomorrow?

Yar. I have a bit of a train journey and a seminar on Monday morning, but I am trying to master the pose of wise reticence in seminars anyway. I talk too much. A bit of sleepiness will help.

I think Scholes playing the full match alongside Carrick is the default unless either side goes two ahead. Ferg might fuck with the wings at half-time.

Wilbur

Banned
I say fuck all in seminars, I sit there doodling or writing shit. I haven't read a full book since I started uni :/ that's bad, isn't it?

What times the game on tomorrow? If its half 1 I miss the whole thing but if it's 4 then I'll watch the second half after work

Mastadon

Banned
I say fuck all in seminars, I sit there doodling or writing shit. I haven't read a full book since I started uni :/ that's bad, isn't it?

What times the game on tomorrow? If its half 1 I miss the whole thing but if it's 4 then I'll watch the second half after work

Haha, it's not not bad. What are you studying?

He means the 1960s show with Joanna Lumley. He was just making a statement.

She used to be hot.

JoannaLumley193.jpg

Fintan

It's out already? The fuck, I had no idea.

I got to go to a screening. Everyone should go to see it when it comes out (next week I think?).

My favourite of the Marvel Universe films.

So what's everyone predict for the FA Cup? I think we'll get through.

Torres to start today and Drogba against Barca I reckon.

sneaky77

I got to go to a screening. Everyone should go to see it when it comes out (next week I think?).

My favourite of the Marvel Universe films.

So what's everyone predict for the FA Cup? I think we'll get through.

Torres to start today and Drogba against Barca I reckon.

it comes out on May 4th around here, but yeah I am really pumped.

rodvik

Pumped for the big one tomorrow United GAF.

The Villa supporters here are nice guys but nothing pleases me more than seeing McLeish's sides getting trounced because of his ineptitude.

Unleash the ClevGod/Pogba etc.

Nice of you to say. Yeah I wont be around until after the game most likely. I expect a trouncing, obviously. I hope for a Weimann goal at least.

Yen

English and creative writing. What's stupid is that I've bought about 11 books, spent all the money and then haven't read anything.

eBay is great for buying books. "worldofbooks08" is the shop I go to. £3 per book. Couldn't beat it with a stick. Like you, I've bought a lot of books and not read them.

PaulLFC

Just back from the pub after Wembley, what an amazing day. We didn't play too well in the first half but form is completely irrelevant in a derby I'm just happy to win, I can't imagine what the trip back must have been like for them after losing, it was certainly a lot easier for us.

Just happy to be in the final, I'll be annoyed if I don't get a ticket which is looking like a possibility due to the FA's brilliant decision to give a larger proportion of the tickets to corporate than to actual fans of the two teams.

Pogba's rubbish anyway. I am preparing for his departure. I don't know why I fooled myself into thinking he's staying. He's not. He has about 6 weeks left on his contract and he's "deciding". He's been deciding all year. Bullshit. Nobody runs down a contract like that unless they've got something else planned. He's off to Juve and I don't care cos he's rubbish. Yurt you can piss off.

Cleverley is wicked though :D

Look, another Barca-biased ref. Fucking trash.

My lord.

And you are a Madrid fan?

I really get mad when I see bullshit comments like this that are really complaining about robberies. Worst thing is that they believe they own stories.

Madrid and Barcelona steal the othe 18 teams at the same level.

Puppet-master Mou and Karanka have sung the song for too long.

I hate going to Bernabeu and see guys around me complaining about conspiracies and shit. Disgusting.

Clegg

Pogba's rubbish anyway. I am preparing for his departure. I don't know why I fooled myself into thinking he's staying. He's not. He has about 6 weeks left on his contract and he's "deciding". He's been deciding all year. Bullshit. Nobody runs down a contract like that unless they've got something else planned. He's off to Juve and I don't care cos he's rubbish. Yurt you can piss off.

Hear Hear.

Its all about Ryan Tunnicliffe now.

Yen

Just happy to be in the final, I'll be annoyed if I don't get a ticket which is looking like a possibility due to the FA's brilliant decision to give a larger proportion of the tickets to corporate than to actual fans of the two teams.

It's ridiculous at kick-off or half time when a third of Wembley is empty because the corporates (middle third, halfway line seats) haven't taken their seats yet.

Clegg said:
Hear Hear.

Its all about Ryan Tunnicliffe now.

ikLNZ5ZwS5vpQ.gif

Clegg

I need some academy player to get hyped over.

With Morrison gone and Pogba going we don't have much to go on.

There is that Pereira lad, but hes still 15.

I'm not convinced with Petrucci and Joshua King has failed to impress.

Salazar

With Morrison gone and Pogba going we don't have much to go on.

Yar. I expect Will Keane to go on the pre-season tour this time. Or on a decent loan. I rate him much more highly than other reserves strikers we've boosted to the first team, but he doesn't quicken the pulse.

We're gonna buy a striker, anyway. We will audaciously swoop on someone.

Clegg

Fine. Think what you want. Don't you dare ever get excited about him now that you've dismissed him.

He's shit.

He is.

There is a dearth of talent in Uniteds academy right now.

I don't think the Keane twins will make it. King hasn't made an impression and Tunnicliffe is only average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom