• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The top comment on the Ronaldo video is gold. :lol

Ronaldinho could have cemented himself as a legend in the game. What a shame, really. Would have been an immense side to have Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Ronaldinho. Although I remember at one point they had Xavi, Ronaldinho, Henry and Eto'o in the same side and put 6 past Real at the Santiago Bernabéu. Ronaldinho was applauded by the home fans there, that says it all. As good as Leo is, I've never seen a player demonstrate electrifying flair and magic on the ball as Ronaldinho.

FootballFan

Ronaldinho could have cemented himself as a legend in the game. What a shame, really. Would have been an immense side to have Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Ronaldinho. Although I remember at one point they had Xavi, Ronaldinho, Henry and Eto'o in the same side and put 6 past Real at the Santiago Bernabéu. They had a real Ultimate Team

Hmm that was in 08/09 and Ronaldinho wasn't there. Henry was though(got 2 goals :D) and so was Eto'o(Had a disappointing game despite there being 6 goals), Xavi I believe got 4 assists in that match..lol. Messi got 2 goals and an assist.

Great game and it was right before the Semi-Final 2nd leg against Chelsea..exactly the same scenario as this season.

edit
I see you edited. Ronaldinho was applauded in the 05/06 season when he scored those 2 beautiful goals in the 3-0 win in the bernabeu.

But yes I agree. Those couple amazing seasons by 'dinho, even though he wasnt scoring thousands of goals, it was just magical. Just wish he continued to stay focused and keep up the standard, that is why Pep had to let him go.

Kyoufu

Ronaldinho could have cemented himself as a legend in the game. What a shame, really. Would have been an immense side to have Iniesta, Xavi, Messi and Ronaldinho. Although I remember at one point they had Xavi, Ronaldinho, Henry and Eto'o in the same side and put 6 past Real at the Santiago Bernabéu. Ronaldinho was applauded by the home fans there, that says it all. As good as Leo is, I've never seen a player demonstrate electrifying flair and magic on the ball as Ronaldinho.

I wasn't following football in Ronaldinho's era :(

What was the story with Guardiola selling him?

IceCold

Ronaldinho seems to suffer the same fate as a lot of Brazilians do - letting the fame/money get over their heads. Ronaldinho's downfall was that he partied a lot, banged bitches, drank etc. This is why I respect C. Ronaldo a lot. He has great work ethic.

Salazar

Mino said:
"Manchester United is behaving like a true gentleman's club, giving the boy all the space to decide. They know it is a difficult decision and [he is] a young boy. So it doesn't make any sense and wouldn't be right to pressure."

Have to laugh. What a proper bastard.

FootballFan

I wasn't following football in Ronaldinho's era :(

What was the story with Guardiola selling him?

vvv

Ronaldinho seems to suffer the same fate as a lot of Brazilians do - letting the fame/money get over their heads. Ronaldinho's downfall was that he partied a lot, banged bitches, drank etc. This is why I respect C. Ronaldo a lot. He has great work ethic.

Pep did not want Ronaldinho/Deco/Edmilson to infect the team with this party lifestyle, so he let them go. And it was a smart move. As Ibra said, they are all Pep's little pets and listen to everything he says. It is hard to be as popular/good as Messi or Ronaldo and continue to work hard and remain professional.

They could easily go out partying, drinking, getting random models for each day etc. But they don't and that is a really good thing. It is why they are going from scoring 40 a season, to 50, to 60 and maybe next season even 70. They have the talent but don't rely on just that, they still try to improve.

Doing stuff like showing up late for training, covering least km in the team, just being a problem cost dinho. Messi and CRonaldo get angry when they are subbed off. lol

Di Matteo should play Piazon on our lefty wing for tomorrow's game, as inexperience as he may be he can't be any worse than our current alternative for left wing.

Kyoufu

Can't wait to use this gif soon.

Can't wait.

unicef8efqg.gif

Clegg

I don't think there has ever been a player quite like Ronaldinho in his prime.

At Barcalona he basically did whatever trick he could think of, and it usually worked.

He had a swagger that other professionals just don't have.

He bever scored as many as Messi or Ronaldo but he was every bit as good.

He just glided past defences and picked out passes that others simply couldn't see.

United fans, do you really feel like Ashley Young hasn't done well for you guys? It seems like you all bitch about him, but after games you are usually pretty happy because he gets a critical assist or goal. He may not be the smartest footballer, but I think he fits into United's system because he runs his ass off and often ends up in the right place at the right time.

I wish he'd gone back to futsal.

Is there usually more flair occurring during Futsal matches? I'd love to watch some professional matches.

ypHEa.gif

Big physical bastard, too. Ivanovic-like tactical arse movement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwkhh-cd-E0

My hero. Watching him destroy for Brazil was so amazing.

Anybody remember seeing this compilation video of Ronaldinho?

I remember downloading this on Kazaa (lol, pre-youtube era) in highschool and it blew my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZu5NOSX4xo

Both of these brought a lil tear to my eye. So damn good.

Re Falcao: There should be rules against being that much better than everyone else. Shit's brutal.

Salazar

Have you guys ever watched beach soccer? The players pull off some pretty cool moves there too.

Yeah, it's crazy. The one thing I principally remember is how goddamn dangerous free kicks are, because of the bouncing movement of the ball off the sand.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football...Ferguson-Arsene-Wenger-s-in-for-Wigan-wobble/

Oh Fuck you Ferguson. Wigan beat Arsenal at the Emirates? Hell no! We're going to crush these clowns like you should have done a few days ago.

Does anyone actually have a bandwidth cap here? These GIFs we pump out during match days must be expensive... lol
When I'm on my home PC i don't mind because I am unlimited bandwidth but I have to work a lot when Arsenal play, evening games show at 7 or 8am and then I am tracking the game using my iPhone. I have images disabled because it causes bandwidth issues otherwise. Too many gifs. Doing gifs of goals I dont mind much, it's the joking, needless ones, that can irritate me especially when a lot of games are being played.

Hey all, I got a quick question for you all. Is there a MLB At the Bat equivalent app for football/soccer? I would love to be able to watch some of the English Premier League and Fifa games on the iPad.

dschalter

ronaldinho was better to watch, but messi is the better player. he's not as exciting, because he isn't as creative or unpredictable, but he does what he does better than anyone has done just about anything.

ronaldo during his brief peak was at roughly the same level though.

rififi

yes and

Zidane > R9 at his best > all

fixed ;)

Just watched those Ronaldinho videos, even though he played for Barca, I really miss him. There isn't any current player (outside street and futsal) who are even close to the same level of creativity in dribbling that he had.

I don't think there has ever been a player quite like Ronaldinho in his prime.

At Barcalona he basically did whatever trick he could think of, and it usually worked.

He had a swagger that other professionals just don't have.

He bever scored as many as Messi or Ronaldo but he was every bit as good.

He just glided past defences and picked out passes that others simply couldn't see.

He's the reason I never loathed Barcelona back then, watching him play is magical I never get the same from anyone else other than Zola and Zidan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom