• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Third was a miracle,We don't have a strong enough squad even without injuries.
And don't remind me about trophies... I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Edit: I'd like to think so Mastadon but you just don't know what happens behind the scenes.

Wenger+beleives+Henry+can+be+a+Manager.jpg

GorillaJu

I would rather Chelsea win because somehow or another we've made them our bitch over the last two seasons. Mentally, we'd be much more confident against a team we've beaten at every meeting rather than one that thrashed us in our worst performance of the season.

Joe

My first assumption is money and sponsorships.

Assuming he goes to ny, he could do 2 interviews, a magazine spread, and shoot a commercial all in the same day and all within walking distance (obviously just an example but still entirely realistic).

There's just an abundance of oppurtunity at your door step.

Clegg

For anyone who has Sky Sports, turn on Goals on Sunday.

Emmanual Petit is a guest and he looks exactly like the wrestler Triple H. Its actually uncanny.

Wessiej

My first assumption is money and sponsorships.

Assuming he goes to ny, he could do 2 interviews, a magazine spread, and shoot a commercial all in the same day and all within walking distance (obviously just an example but still entirely realistic).

There's just an abundance of oppurtunity at your door step.

Well, Beckham makes 5 million a year, so I believe it must be the sponsorships yeah. Beckham could have made 8 million euros a year at Paris Saint-German, but he stayed in the US, so there must be something cool over there.

I will still remain to be a fan of the Portland Timbers!

Portland-Timbers-stun-FC-Dallas-3-2-at-Jeld-Wen-Field-Major-League-Soccer-63189.jpg

Hixx

howard webb will be the ref for our game against madrid :|

You will now get to witness the cream of English refereeing. How he will hunch over and stare at a foul for 3 seconds before giving it to make it look like he stopped to think. How shiny his head is.

Enjoy it.

dc89

Incredibly worried about Arsenal this summer. We need to spend big even if RVP stays.

Spending big isn't the Arsenal way though. That's why I'm really confused over the situation.

Lose RVP - you'll have to spend big to replace him. Lose him at the start of the season, time to spend big. Lose him how Nasri went, little time to spend big.

Keep RVP - spending big isn't the Arsenal way. Wenger is stubborn.

Will RVP keep his nerve on the promise of money being spent?

GAH! It's tricky.

Choc

Banned
I didn't watch the game or even highlight. Tell me he was booked.

he should have been sent off under the LOTG

there is a clear instruction under red cards for rugby style tackles in the additional notes for referees of the LOTG

panty

Oh and there was this Tete youngster, 15yo. He played in Santos if I remember correctly and he wanted over 8k€ a week and other crazy figures. Fucking greedy bastard, didn't sign him eventhough Ronaldo recommended him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom